Why are many carpet cleaners overweight?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Fedri I think the vast majority of the weight connected to high sodium intake is like u said water weight, that won't give some a "belly"..but at the same time high calorie foods tend to be higher in sodium so yes the obese community would show that they eat more sodium than the average person should..the salt isn't making them gain weight though, it's the extra calories..

Although some of your muscles may feel sore after wanding all day CC and many labor intensive jobs are not muscle building at all, it's just all day cardio..

All cardio and no progressive overload on ur muscles will tend to end with muscle breakdown as ur body doesn't need ur muscles that much to get through your day, your body does however need the vast amount of energy that muscles do consume throughout the day...

It's a use it or lose it situation...

Having more Muscle mass will also make u burn more calories throughout the day..now take away a lot of your muscles from years of slow breakdown but yet u consume the same amount of food/calories== excess which gets stored as fat
Yes high calories are coming from type of food and the amount of intake. That's why I mentioned to eat lower portion at a time and this make to intake low calories.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I see construction road crew guys who are fat as hell...my theory is more of SUGAR. Salt has always been around, salted meats, preserved vegetables etc etc...

But sugar has been at an all-time high in consumption the past 25 years. More specifically, added sugars or chemical sugars.

Look at fruit for instance, very high in fructose which is processed directly by the liver. There is a big difference between consuming starchy foods (fruit, rice etc) and imbibing added sugars.

20 years ago China consumed A LOT of white rice as the staple food of the average citizen. Obesity, diabetes type II etc were not prevalent.

It was only when Westernized food culture took hold that obesity and diabetes began to skyrocket.

Frugovores (people who eat mostly fruits and nuts) also don't show issues with obesity or diabetes.

So clearly sugar with mitigating factors such as fiber, vitamins etc, is actually healthy for you.

Much of obesity is due to hormonal imbalance and guess what affects it...SUGAR!

Sugar ---> Fatty Liver ----> Insulin Resistance ----> High Insulin ----> Obesity

I dare anyone to stop drinking soda or added sugar, it really is difficult, anything processed essentially has added sugar. Watch the weight drop off as your hormones rebalance after 2-4 weeks. You will start to see 1-2 lbs drop off per week until you hit a normal weight for your body chemistry.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
also there is a huge difference in fake/processed sugar vs real sugar.

if you imagine a graph your body burns real sugar like in fruit on a level plain until its depleted

fake/processed sugar your body cant control the rate at which its burned, your blood sugar spikes way up, then tanks... this is very bad for you if consumed in excess and youll develop diabetes

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I think the answer is

Our bodies are adapting.
We are no longer burning calories the way we did when it was all new to us.

The body has a unique way of having memory of repetition.
Our bodies have learned how to work without burning the amount needed to loose weight.

The answer is:
We need to work out, I mean work out. doing at least 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes after work of cardiovascular work outs and watching our intake. No sugar or very little sugar will help control your weight. Water, water and water. Healthy fats like Omegas, and not eating too much of certain fruits. NO Fruit JUICE at all whatsoever. eating more greens, and less hydrogenated fats, No SODA or sports drinks, or energy drinks, No Cofee unless plain black but no sweetners,
No Ice Cream, yes to salmon, and lean meats. No to margarine, yes to extra virgin olive oil, grape seed oil, nuts.

I love P90X it is a good hard, labor muscle burning endurance workout.

doing 50 push ups in the morning, 50 before lunch, 50 after days done will help burn fat. Thats 1 week, then next week, jog 10 minutes in the morning, 25 after work, 3rd week 25 pull ups before work, 25 before lunch and 25 after work, rest 3 days, next week 25 sets of weight lifting before work, 25 before lunch, 25 after work increasing weights everyday

repeat.

Do body memory confusion and youll start burning fat.

You Must feel the Burn, You Must!
p90x is a world class workout but actually its been changed in the last 5 years as the newer science suggests thats too long to do cardio. still a great workout but the newer p90x workouts are cut way down to 30min

if you like p90x youll love https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

you need access to a squat rack and free weights but this workout will change your body from the inside out, heavy squats are some of if not the best cardio you can get.. 5 reps heavy ass weight and youll feel like u ran 2 miles

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
p90x is a world class workout but actually its been changed in the last 5 years as the newer science suggests thats too long to do cardio. still a great workout but the newer p90x workouts are cut way down to 30min

if you like p90x youll love https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

you need access to a squat rack and free weights but this workout will change your body from the inside out, with no cardio.
As a beginner I think p90's are great..go thru all three..then a 5x5 like u posted..then I'd prob stick to a standard 5 day bro-split...after that you can get into fun programs like PPL(push pull legs) 5/6 day split..you hit everything twice it's my favorite program

Reactions: ACP

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
As a beginner I think p90's are great..go thru all three..then a 5x5 like u posted..then I'd prob stick to a standard 5 day bro-split...after that you can get into fun programs like PPL(push pull legs) 5/6 day split..you hit everything twice it's my favorite program
Or do programs that are more focused on what you want..

Reactions: ACP

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
p90x is pretty hard for someone out of shape to stick to though, its really meant for those who are already in pretty decent shape to cut more

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
p90x is pretty hard for someone out of shape to stick to though, its really meant for those who are already in pretty decent shape to cut more
That's true..I would still do it unless it's someone who is extremely out of shape, and maybe it'd be a health risk to do..but besides that do your best and do the same one two or three times until ur good at it

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Studies show that to start loosing weight a low sodium diet is a must. How do someone gain weight even working hard? Eating late a full meal and going to bed with full stomach, not eating lower portions, eating high sodium and sugary foods. Eating from big chained restaurants as well. If you stop all these 1. Don't eat late you stomach has to grawl lol when going to bed, eat small portions, cook food at home low sodium and low sugar, no pops just water, instead of cakes eat fresh fruits, eat unsulted nuts or dates or bananas etc for snaks. Don't go to McDonalds, eat more at home then outside.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
true that, I prefer weights/strength training because I dont really have a use to be able to run for hours I dont play soccer etc... just really enjoy the weights personally
Oh well I definitely think everyone should do at least some weight(resistance) training..even pro long distance runners benefit from it.. obviously they don't need as much as someone trying to been big and strong lol...but some take more to powerlifting styles, some prefer bodybuilding, and then there's the more athletic side if things..or a mix of them all

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Studies show that to start loosing weight a low sodium diet is a must. How do someone gain weight even working hard? Eating late a full meal and going to bed with full stomach, not eating lower portions, eating high sodium and sugary foods. Eating from big chained restaurants as well. If you stop all these 1. Don't eat late you stomach has to grawl lol when going to bed, eat small portions, cook food at home low sodium and low sugar, no pops just water, instead of cakes eat fresh fruits, eat insulted nuts or dates or bananas etc for snaks. Don't go to McDonalds, eat more at home then outside.
I'll agree with most of that except that NEW studies in just the past few years show that eating or not eating before bed doesn't have much effect on weight gain or loss...I know most "Bros" in bodybuilding use to preach that in order to lose fat you couldn't eat before bed and small meals every 1-3 hours but most modern studies show that not to be the case...

WHAT you are eating like ur saying does make a big difference though with how ur body processes food...and overall calories consumed is the only real factor in weight gain or loss...chemical/hormonal/etc effects in your body may determine How Much calories you need or don't ..as in a "normal" person may need 2000 calories a day, but due to chem/hormonal effects from different junk one normal sized person may need a lot less calories or more ..

To keep it all simple the most simple way to think about it all based off modern science is that
1.overall calories consumed determines weight loss/gain.
2. Type of exercise/or lack of, will determine if the weight you gain or lose is either muscle(and which muscle fiber type) or fat.
3. If you want to gain muscle or preserve it during a weight loss period you must consume approx your body weight X .75-1.2 grams of protein a day.

The number one thing you can do to truly control if you gain or lose weight is count your macros and calories each and every day....if you do that it will make things extremely simple

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I'll agree with most of that except that NEW studies in just the past few years show that eating or not eating before bed doesn't have much effect on weight gain or loss...I know most "Bros" in bodybuilding use to preach that in order to lose fat you couldn't eat before bed and small meals every 1-3 hours but most modern studies show that not to be the case...

WHAT you are eating like ur saying does make a big difference though with how ur body processes food...and overall calories consumed is the only real factor in weight gain or loss...chemical/hormonal/etc effects in your body may determine How Much calories you need or don't ..as in a "normal" person may need 2000 calories a day, but due to chem/hormonal effects from different junk one normal sized person may need a lot less calories or more ..

To keep it all simple the most simple way to think about it all based off modern science is that
1.overall calories consumed determines weight loss/gain.
2. Type of exercise/or lack of, will determine if the weight you gain or lose is either muscle(and which muscle fiber type) or fat.
3. If you want to gain muscle or preserve it during a weight loss period you must consume approx your body weight X .75-1.2 grams of protein a day.

The number one thing you can do to truly control if you gain or lose weight is count your macros and calories each and every day....if you do that it will make things extremely simple
Bro when I go to bed with full stomach I gain mass of fat in a week my wife doesn't like it at all.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Bro when I go to bed with full stomach I gain mass of fat in a week my wife doesn't like it at all.
Haha i bet not, mine either!...you may just be getting bloating tho..i cant remember the actual numbers for the study but you can only actually gain so much fat in a week...you can gain "weight" super easy of course. If you tend to drink a gallon of water throughout the day youll probably have 5-8lbs of extra water in you right there, now add 5-10lbs of food throughout the day too! lol...Thats why in the beginning of a diet its normal to lose 5-15lbs the first week but then it sloowwss down after that.

However with bloating it may definitely look like you gained a belly overnight..i have an older friend who had it bad for years, looked very overweight from it but wasnt actually that heavy..he did a couple cleansing diets and he lost some weight but his belly deflated a lot hah..visually he looked like he lost a lot but it was just bloat.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Haha i bet not, mine either!...you may just be getting bloating tho..i cant remember the actual numbers for the study but you can only actually gain so much fat in a week...you can gain "weight" super easy of course. If you tend to drink a gallon of water throughout the day youll probably have 5-8lbs of extra water in you right there, now add 5-10lbs of food throughout the day too! lol...Thats why in the beginning of a diet its normal to lose 5-15lbs the first week but then it sloowwss down after that.

However with bloating it may definitely look like you gained a belly overnight..i have an older friend who had it bad for years, looked very overweight from it but wasnt actually that heavy..he did a couple cleansing diets and he lost some weight but his belly deflated a lot hah..visually he looked like he lost a lot but it was just bloat.
I don't know how much a person can be bloated when releasing a lot of gas lol

Reactions: DakotaG

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
I have always been skinny and I work a ton so I remain skinny. But I do have a beer belly. There is way too much beer being drank by me after long hot days steaming. None of the condos have A/C running here in Hawaii, so most of the time when I clean, i am cleaning in vacant units that have been baking in the sun all day. It works up a mighty thirst.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I have always been skinny and I work a ton so I remain skinny. But I do have a beer belly. There is way too much beer being drank by me after long hot days steaming. None of the condos have A/C running here in Hawaii, so most of the time when I clean, i am cleaning in vacant units that have been baking in the sun all day. It works up a mighty thirst.
Ohh yeah I forgot to mention about the beers or alcohol how much effect it has on belly gain. I don't drink at all, no coffee, no smoking in any kind. Drink cool water instead of alcohol

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
Ohh yeah I forgot to mention about the beers or alcohol how much effect it has on belly gain. I don't drink at all, no coffee, no smoking in any kind. Drink cool water instead of alcohol
I quit alcohol for 2 months and felt great. Thinking about quitting permanently here soon. If I have 6 beers when I get home, that's like 800 calories JUST from beer. It's amazing I'm not overweight. If I didn't drink beer, I might whittle away to nothing! :ROFLMAO:

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I quit alcohol for 2 months and felt great. Thinking about quitting permanently here soon. If I have 6 beers when I get home, that's like 800 calories JUST from beer. It's amazing I'm not overweight. If I didn't drink beer, I might whittle away to nothing!
It could be your genes that you are not gaining weight, however do yourself a favor quit alcohol and live healthier.

Reactions: sbsscn