Why are many carpet cleaners overweight?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Doesn’t make sense when we clean carpets 5-6 days a week doing hard labor. So what’s going here?

Last edited:

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I am not overweight but at the border line, got a small belly that I am loosing it slowly. However to answer this question its obvious, eating late before going to bed, eating high sodium foods we can't loose weight. Eating late is a big problem, a carpet cleaner comes home late and hungry and eats like a pig and goes to bed with full belly will make us gain weight.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Doesn’t make sense when we clean carpets 5-6 days a week doing hard labor. So what’s going here?

I’ve always wondered the same thing...

• Haha
Reactions: MikeGaure

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
since I started to watch my sodium intake and eat in small portions but more meals I started to loose weight. This morning I ate 2 eggs no salt added, I added some white cheese that we are very famous with in Bulgaria and that was the only sodium, tomatoes and 2 slices of rye bread with 220mg of sodium, total of 400mg of sodium this morning, and my lunch was about 500mg sodium, the rest all fruits and unsalted nuts, and not eating a meal late will give me lots of energy for the next day. Also to mention since I started with low sodium diet I don't get thirsty that much and I feel more energetic. Remember guys and gals LOW SODIUM. If you don't believe me ask a body builder.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
If a meal have made you thirsty the whole day avoid that meal. This is what sodium will do to you.
Eating salt raises the amount of sodium in your bloodstream and wrecks the delicate balance, reducing the ability of your kidneys to remove the water. The result is a higher blood pressure due to the extra fluid and extra strain on the delicate blood vessels leading to the kidneys.

Here are 6 serious signs that you are consuming too much salt.
  • You need to urinate a lot. Frequent urination is a classic sign that you are consuming too much salt. ...
  • Persistent thirst. ...
  • Swelling in strange places. ...
  • You find food bland and boring. ...
  • Frequent mild headaches. ...
  • You crave for salty foods.
What are the side effects of high sodium?
You may not have any symptoms, unless your blood sodium levels are significantly elevated. Dizziness when you stand up or change positions (you may be dehydrated). Severe sweating or fever; vomiting and diarrhea with markedly elevated sodium levels, if your hypernatremia is due to a loss of body fluids.

How do you remove sodium from your body?
Here are the best ways to bounce back.
  1. Drink a Ton of Water. Drinking lots of water helps flush sodium from your kidneys; staying hydrated will also help you feel less bloated.
  2. Hop on the Treadmill. Exercise will help you lose a little sodium through your sweat. ...
  3. Eat a Banana. ...
  4. Talk to Your Doctor.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Eating high sodium meals will make you gain weight.

Eating a lot of salt can cause your body to retain more water, which can show up on the scale as extra pounds. But we're not just talking about water weight here. High salt diets appear to be linked to higher body fat—in particular, the kind of fat that accumulates around your middle.

So a body builder will gain high mass of weight at the begging by eating a high sodium meals, however later on for him to get lean with muscle cuts he will go to a low sodium meals. Us carpet cleaners are working hard every day but still not loosing weight, that is because the high sodium intake will make us fat even though we are working.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I replied the same on the facebook post but for those here...

Extended moderate cardio quickly has a diminishing return as your body will adapt to the same repetitive motions... this triggers a release of cortisol (related to stress) which causes your body to trigger a response to store fat rather than burn fat.

This is why long extended jogging will burn a lot of calories at first but then once your body adapts to the same repetitive motion the burn is very diminished.

Lifting heavy weights and high intensity interval training cardio is the holy grail. Increasing weight each workout....

and for cardio doing 60second balls to wall sprints with 60 seconds of rest will burn crazy fat

Its amazing what 100 seconds/day will do with 10/10 (10 seconds full blast, 10 seconds rest x 10 sets)

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Fedri I think the vast majority of the weight connected to high sodium intake is like u said water weight, that won't give some a "belly"..but at the same time high calorie foods tend to be higher in sodium so yes the obese community would show that they eat more sodium than the average person should..the salt isn't making them gain weight though, it's the extra calories..

Although some of your muscles may feel sore after wanding all day CC and many labor intensive jobs are not muscle building at all, it's just all day cardio..

All cardio and no progressive overload on ur muscles will tend to end with muscle breakdown as ur body doesn't need ur muscles that much to get through your day, your body does however need the vast amount of energy that muscles do consume throughout the day...

It's a use it or lose it situation...

Having more Muscle mass will also make u burn more calories throughout the day..now take away a lot of your muscles from years of slow breakdown but yet u consume the same amount of food/calories== excess which gets stored as fat

Reactions: ACP

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Fedri I think the vast majority of the weight connected to high sodium intake is like u said water weight, that won't give some a "belly"..but at the same time high calorie foods tend to be higher in sodium so yes the obese community would show that they eat more sodium than the average person should..the salt isn't making them gain weight though, it's the extra calories..

Although some of your muscles may feel sore after wanding all day CC and many labor intensive jobs are not muscle building at all, it's just all day cardio..

All cardio and no progressive overload on ur muscles will tend to end with muscle breakdown as ur body doesn't need ur muscles that much to get through your day, your body does however need the vast amount of energy that muscles do consume throughout the day...

It's a use it or lose it situation...

Having more Muscle mass will also make u burn more calories throughout the day..now take away a lot of your muscles from years of slow breakdown but yet u consume the same amount of food/calories== excess which gets stored as fat
I know I'm younger than most of you but that's why I go to the gym 5-6 days a week

Reactions: Fedri and sbsscn

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I think the answer is

Our bodies are adapting.
We are no longer burning calories the way we did when it was all new to us.

The body has a unique way of having memory of repetition.
Our bodies have learned how to work without burning the amount needed to loose weight.

The answer is:
We need to work out, I mean work out. doing at least 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes after work of cardiovascular work outs and watching our intake. No sugar or very little sugar will help control your weight. Water, water and water. Healthy fats like Omegas, and not eating too much of certain fruits. NO Fruit JUICE at all whatsoever. eating more greens, and less hydrogenated fats, No SODA or sports drinks, or energy drinks, No Cofee unless plain black but no sweetners,
No Ice Cream, yes to salmon, and lean meats. No to margarine, yes to extra virgin olive oil, grape seed oil, nuts.

I love P90X it is a good hard, labor muscle burning endurance workout.

doing 50 push ups in the morning, 50 before lunch, 50 after days done will help burn fat. Thats 1 week, then next week, jog 10 minutes in the morning, 25 after work, 3rd week 25 pull ups before work, 25 before lunch and 25 after work, rest 3 days, next week 25 sets of weight lifting before work, 25 before lunch, 25 after work increasing weights everyday

repeat.

Do body memory confusion and youll start burning fat.

You Must feel the Burn, You Must!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fedri

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray

It's not really hard labor...I know I know..some of you will find that offensive lol..even my concrete job which is lots of heavy labor doesn't count as muscle building..just cardiooo

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray

Extended moderate cardio quickly has a diminishing return as your body will adapt to the same repetitive motions... this triggers a release of cortisol (related to stress) which causes your body to trigger a response to store fat rather than burn fat.

This is why long extended jogging will burn a lot of calories at first but then once your body adapts to the same repetitive motion the burn is very diminished.

Lifting heavy weights and high intensity interval training cardio is the holy grail. Increasing weight each workout....

and for cardio doing 60second balls to wall sprints with 60 seconds of rest will burn crazy fat

Its amazing what 100 seconds/day will do with 10/10 (10 seconds full blast, 10 seconds rest x 10 sets)
Dang acp you know ur stuff! Good job

Reactions: ACP

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray

The cardio burst you were talking about it called HIIT..high intensity interval training..and it works but it tends to make people throw up if u do it right haha

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
For you middle-aged/older guys I know some guys get sensitive about it but you should talk to your doc about getting on testosterone (not the pills u hear on commercials )..

Not just for muscle but there is lots of studies linking higher test to overall better health..

I can't wait til the day I could get doctor prescribed haha

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Because excersice is only one part of a balanced lifestyle. So essentially we tend to be overweight because of the same reasons most Americans are overweight. Poor diet, alot of chemicals for our body to handle, and the reasons mentioned above. Laziness always has something to do with it.
But then again, I've never been overweight. In fact, I'd kill to gain 20 lbs right now. Radiation and chemo have cost me precious pounds the last couple months. But even before that I was always 160 or so.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Because excersice is only one part of a balanced lifestyle. So essentially we tend to be overweight because of the same reasons most Americans are overweight. Poor diet, alot of chemicals for our body to handle, and the reasons mentioned above. Laziness always has something to do with it.
But then again, I've never been overweight. In fact, I'd kill to gain 20 lbs right now. Radiation and chemo have cost me precious pounds the last couple months. But even before that I was always 160 or so.
Got eat more man! I'd be dead at 160lbs ...sorry about the chemo tho man, not sure what you got going on but one of my friends went thru it and it was rough stuff

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
I eat as much as possible. I'd like to be 175 or so but I dont have time for the gym. Or energy at the moment. After I kick the cancer I'm planning on going back to the gym.
Yeah after your first 1-3 years of the gym it's a lot harder to add muscle than it is to lose fat for most peeps..gotta force feed yourself and it isn't fun lol