Who's using steamers on upholstery on the regular?

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
The couch is about a little over 5years old. I gotta figure this out. It's a little beast and the vacuum is actually pretty good. It's got the feel of one of the newer uph dry tools we use on the injection side. The turbo head with steam tool is pretty neat. Did the tile in the shower with it. Came out nice with no chems. I'm not ready to turn it loose on the set I'm cleaning tomorrow as I'd hoped to do.....

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
The couch is about a little over 5years old. I gotta figure this out. It's a little beast and the vacuum is actually pretty good. It's got the feel of one of the newer uph dry tools we use on the injection side. The turbo head with steam tool is pretty neat. Did the tile in the shower with it. Came out nice with no chems. I'm not ready to turn it loose on the set I'm cleaning tomorrow as I'd hoped to do.....
did you clean with vapor or the hot water feature

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
Wow! didn't know it would cook the fabric. I suppose with the heat enclosed in the head of that tool it would be pretty intense, more so than spraying with a basic steamer.
I guess the key might be to keep the tool moving and not focus on one spot too much?
Thanks for experimenting for us, sorry you had to sacrifice for the info!

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I don't remember how exactly but that I had the uph attachment on. I wanted to see if the steam alone could breakup the spots and be vacuumed. I won't be able to full brush out the tool mark. I did use it Saturday with a towel over a brush attachment to remove dog oils and slobber off a chair. Seemed to work.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
I don't remember how exactly but that I had the uph attachment on. I wanted to see if the steam alone could breakup the spots and be vacuumed. I won't be able to full brush out the tool mark. I did use it Saturday with a towel over a brush attachment to remove dog oils and slobber off a chair. Seemed to work.
Pure steam is 212f...that is way hotter than any uph should be cleaned at.

I think Pinosan had something with his question of whether you used the hot water setting instead of steam...if your unit has that capability.

Jul 12, 2016
Real Name
Matt Herring
I have two Dupray steamers. Hill injection with no vac and another one with same specs but with a vac. I bought them for kitchen equipment cleaning and according to the promo videos they could clean almost anything. Well I tried them on almost everything and now, months later they are sitting in my shed. For me they seemed kinda good at a lot of things but not great at anything. The one with the vac was $4K and the one without was $2K.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I have two Dupray steamers. Hill injection with no vac and another one with same specs but with a vac. I bought them for kitchen equipment cleaning and according to the promo videos they could clean almost anything. Well I tried them on almost everything and now, months later they are sitting in my shed. For me they seemed kinda good at a lot of things but not great at anything. The one with the vac was $4K and the one without was $2K.
Ouch. If you posted a day or two earlier you might have saved me $4k

Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I prefer to use a commercial steamer for the spotting and a hwe spotter for the rinsing if I'm not running TM equipment.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Let me know how you like it.
Yes sir!

I have tile and grout, shower and doors, carpet spots and upholstery already lined up.

First I gotta figure out how to use it, lots of buttons!

I was thinking my first gig would be to see how well it steams rice :D

Seriously though I need to find out if I can run RO water through it first. Haven't had a chance to call up the company.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Yes sir!

I have tile and grout, shower and doors, carpet spots and upholstery already lined up.

First I gotta figure out how to use it, lots of buttons!

I was thinking my first gig would be to see how well it steams rice :D

Seriously though I need to find out if I can run RO water through it first. Haven't had a chance to call up the company.

Instead of steaming rice, maybe try to steam your wrinkled ass with it first. :ROFLMAO: :eek:;)

Seriously though I would think running RO water through it wouldn't be a problem at all. Hard, well water on the other hand.......

And yes, do practice on your belongings first to get acquainted with it. I highly recommend that you go to a junk yard and start cleaning crap upholstery, headliners, carpets, under the hood grease with it. It's the perfect OJT training school out there. I mean.....What's to ruin really? Another thought is go clean some college dorm room furniture for free with it. ANYTHING you do to that crap will be an improvement..... even if you shrink it.

Keep me posted, Mike. And pull your pants up, I was joking. :p

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Instead of steaming rice, maybe try to steam your wrinkled ass with it first. :ROFLMAO: :eek:;)

Seriously though I would think running RO water through it wouldn't be a problem at all. Hard, well water on the other hand.......

And yes, do practice on your belongings first to get acquainted with it. I highly recommend that you go to a junk yard and start cleaning crap upholstery, headliners, carpets, under the hood grease with it. It's the perfect OJT training school out there. I mean.....What's to ruin really? Another thought is go clean some college dorm room furniture for free with it. ANYTHING you do to that crap will be an improvement..... even if you shrink it.

Keep me posted, Mike. And pull your pants up, I was joking. :p
lol Rich!

Thanks for the tips, I forgot I have a junk car in the back yard. Some damn deer hit me. It's got dirty upholstery, engine, carpeting. Man everything I need to practice on lol

The thing with the RO water is I've been reading comments from this site about certain metals it attacks since in the RO state it's devoid of minerals.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
lol Rich!

Thanks for the tips, I forgot I have a junk car in the back yard. Some damn deer hit me. It's got dirty upholstery, engine, carpeting. Man everything I need to practice on lol

The thing with the RO water is I've been reading comments from this site about certain metals it attacks since in the RO state it's devoid of minerals.

Hmmmm...I'd call Diamer and confirm.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
lol Rich!

@Tom Forsythe

I'm not sure if ro water will dissolve metals easily. I believe, in order for a solid metal to be dissolved it needs to transfer electrons somewhere. Water usually needs some type of dissolved substance that will accept those electrons.

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
In another thread we were talking (ok i was reading lol) and it would take years and years and years before ro water took enough out of the pipes to do any damage.
Like 40 years i think they said.