Who's using steamers on upholstery on the regular?

Las Cruces Janitorial

Jun 10, 2014
Las cruces Janitorial
www.fivestar-clean.com
Real Name
Jason Armstrong
Business Location
United States
Me want that turbo head!
I think this would be an added bonus to any carpet cleaner but I also ran a janitorial in maid service and think it would be awesome for cleaning dirty ovens and appliances and being able to steam draperies as they hanging on the curtain rod would be awesome to

Reactions: Mike Krall

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I think this would be an added bonus to any carpet cleaner but I also ran a janitorial in maid service and think it would be awesome for cleaning dirty ovens and appliances and being able to steam draperies as they hanging on the curtain rod would be awesome to
I run a janitorial company and I agree the steamer could make so many jobs easier.

But I'm thinking of using one to expand business into restroom only cleaning and residential bathrooms so I'm kind of leaning toward a bigger steamer.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Not yet, I'm strongly considering it. I have seen it work and works good. I don't want it to replace my TM or Porty. I want it fix what my TM can't and as a spotter.
I just bought one and it should be here in a couple days. I'll let you know how it performs. Hopefully I can tackle most upholstery with it and stains in cpt. Makes no sense firing up the TM for upholstery and I'm just tired of porties......Thanks.

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
I just bought one and it should be here in a couple days. I'll let you know how it performs. Hopefully I can tackle most upholstery with it and stains in cpt. Makes no sense firing up the TM for upholstery and I'm just tired of porties......Thanks.
Which one did you get? Curious to see how you like the results.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Reactions: rob allen

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Just unwrapped it......got 2 jobs tomorrow. If I got any gas in the tank afterwards I'm gonna use the Desi Plus to clean my living room furniture. Can't wait to play with it.

Funny....I just cleaned my LR furniture today. I'm looking forward to reading your review, Ed.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Funny....I just cleaned my LR furniture today. I'm looking forward to reading your review, Ed.
I'm looking forward to hopefully going lower moisture and not dragging hoses for upholstery. Be nice to use more neutral ph detergents and using that heat to energize it. Maybe save some money on chems using just hot vapor here and there.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Just unwrapped it......got 2 jobs tomorrow. If I got any gas in the tank afterwards I'm gonna use the Desi Plus to clean my living room furniture. Can't wait to play with it.
Fill the tank up before you start the 2 jobs.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I'm looking forward to hopefully going lower moisture and not dragging hoses for upholstery. Be nice to use more neutral ph detergents and using that heat to energize it. Maybe save some money on chems using just hot vapor here and there.

"Learning By Doing" I always say, Ed.
Just a suggestion.....If you have some customers, or family members who own a variety of different upholstered fabrics, I would offer to clean them for free just so you could experiment with your new machine.
My guess is you will see different results from different fabrics. (Absorbent - vs - Adsorbent)

Do some automotive upholstery too. Heck, you could go to a junk yard and have a field day there. You'll just need a generator. And when you get good and comfortable with all those, shoot for the stars and practice on some draperies, partitions, tapestry and fabric wall coverings. Once you get familiar with your new steam vapor machine you will be opening new doors, filled with money my friend. (y)

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Okay! Okay! OOOOO KAAAAAAAAY.

You're making me go all vertigo now, Mike. Can you pleeeeeease flip good ole Babe over now. I have a headache. :D:ROFLMAO:
Sure, can you start pitching for the Yankees and turn things around? I'll switch the Babe upright when the Yankees do the same :D

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Sure, can you start pitching for the Yankees and turn things around? I'll switch the Babe upright when the Yankees do the same :D

Ahhhh.....In distress I see. Well buddy, if it makes you feel any better my Mets aren't doin' much better.
(though better than your Yankees. he he he)

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Ahhhh.....In distress I see. Well buddy, if it makes you feel any better my Mets aren't doin' much better.
(though better than your Yankees. he he he)
Well I lived through the 80s and 90s teams so I'm familiar with crying.

At least you tasted success recently! Kinda in the same boat as last year now you are.

How about that Daniel Murphy?

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Well I lived through the 80s and 90s teams so I'm familiar with crying.

At least you tasted success recently! Kinda in the same boat as last year now you are.

How about that Daniel Murphy?

Oh please. Don't get me started. Killed me to see him go,

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Well, I just ate a couch. Glad it was mine own. I used the Desidario Plus to clean the arms of one of my corduroy couches and it scalded the fabric. The wife ain't happy. WTF.......

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Well, I just ate a couch. Glad it was mine own. I used the Desidario Plus to clean the arms of one of my corduroy couches and it scalded the fabric. The wife ain't happy. WTF.......

OUCH!
Something's not right, Ed because many auto detailers use steam vapor machines on upholstery all day - everyday. How old was your couch?

On the bright side you may have found a new, better, more improved water boarding tool. (y)