Who's encapping/bonnet cleaning wool with a detergent with peroxide in it?

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Ok so I've been dabbling with low moisture cleaning in residential. Mind you, this is for light to moderate soiling with little to no urine, bio type contamination. If it's heavy stuff I will HWE. I'm getting great results so far especially on upholstery using Bonnettpros Rocket w/peroxide and citrus. I'm cleaning a large wall to wall off white short loop wool carpet I do every year that I normally hot water extract. I'm never super happy about the results. I'm wanting to use the Rocket, scrub in with my Cimex and padding it down with microfiber bonnets with scrub strips. I've only ever applied anything with peroxide in it on just spots on wool and not the entire piece. Could I damage the carpet using it?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Most “ruggies” agree that 3% does no harm and can be repeated every 8 hours. Our SuperCap falls under that category.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
@Ed Cruz I would like to add that I have those same microfiber bonnets and while they are very good, Bonnet Pro's Ironman cotton are soooooo much better. Far more soil removal. Try them. You wont regret it.
I have and like Johns Ironman bonnets. I got a slamming deal from excellent on the micro with strips but I think they are too aggressive for wool because of the strips..

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I have and like Johns Ironman bonnets. I got a slamming deal from excellent on the micro with strips but I think they are too aggressive for wool because of the strips..
Most “ruggies” agree that 3% does no harm and can be repeated every 8 hours. Our SuperCap falls under that category.
Yeah I read that 3% and below is safe for wool which is part of why I asked. Im gonna call @BonnetPro to see if Rocket falls under 3% peroxide content or if I can delude it down a bit and how much would I need too. Im loving the Rocket and am gonna be switching over to it for most residential stuff.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
John used to have the "Woolpy" bonnets and they were terrific on wool carpets. Wool likes to fight us when cleaning them regardless of the method and I have found that the cotton/rayon blend bonnets work best for wool. Well...as far as ease of movement that is.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Believe it or not Oreck brand "cotton looking only" bonnets are pretty darn good on wool. Just enough grab without overheating.
Yeah too grabby causes pilling.

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
No strong peroxide on wool and no cimex
I normal blue micro fiber is fine. Im not a big micro guy but they are safe on wool, even my Ironman may be a little aggressive unless they are older.
Something like Omega Citrus would be good as the pH is 7

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
They really don't do much well except scrub wool great and I always have one with me. I can quickly go over it with an Ironman at the very end.

The capillary action of fibers takes place in the first half of drying, when enough water is actually present along the length of the fiber to carry soil/color to the fiber tips. Even though it doesn't rear it's ugly head until it concentrates in the very last parts of drying and browns out. When you HWE a possible brown out job, going back to that area right before you leave and dry stroking real quick can be a difference maker. Because once the clear water path is gone along the length of the fiber it can't carry soil to the tip anymore.

No matter how good we think we are, we still only remove 50-70% of the actual dirt in most carpets.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
No strong peroxide on wool and no cimex
I normal blue micro fiber is fine. Im not a big micro guy but they are safe on wool, even my Ironman may be a little aggressive unless they are older.
Something like Omega Citrus would be good as the pH is 7
I've been scrubbing oriental wools area rugs for years with my Cimex with white brushes and never a problem. I'm cleaning a woolloop wall to wall machine made cpt tomorrow. Are you saying the Cimex would cause damage? I've used my Nobles 185/315 buffer with a white pad on these types of cpt no problems at all.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I'm just gonna use some of Excellents DS and Punch as it's the only other encap I have besides Omegazyme...........Just thought maybe an encap with a lower content of peroxide would make this off white cpt pop better. Don't want to get caught with my pants down......

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Ok so I did the job. Spray and buffed a family room and synthetic area rug with Rocket came out great. Well the wool wall to wall gave me problems. First I decided to use Releasit Punch on it. The dark traffic lanes smiled at the Punch and told it to go piss up a rope.....Didn't cut at all. That's even after I ran my Cimex over it too. Luckily I had sprayed an office off of the larger area to test it. I used the Punch because it was supposed to be a bit more aggressive and doubles as a HWE traffic lane pretreat and I figured if need be I could rinse the bad areas. Well still looked like shit after a hot flush. So instead of using a 9-10ph prespray like usual I got ou something "wool safe" BIG MISTAKE.........Whipped out some Chemspec Heavy Duty Soil Lifter and even boosted it with Biosolve Citrus. Dirty lanes came clean with I nice scrub but now I gotta extract but figure I'm in decent shape. I knew ahead of time how the Soil Lifter was a damn bubble bath for cpt so I mixed at 1/3 of what the label said to be safe. I figured I'd let the Biosolve do the rest which it did. Ended up going through half a jug of defoamer till I ran out. It seemed I had to lay some down every 5-7 wet strokes. Killed my vacuum. After I rinsed I had to go back and dry vac the whole large ass area after I cleared the foam from my vac hose with the last of the defoamer I had. Apologized to the customer about the damn job taking 6 hours and left to blowers going which I'm picking up tomorrow after my first job. Told him he can pay me if he's happy when I get there. Through the half jug of Heavy Duty Soil Lifter in my garbage pail when I got home. Junk.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Ok so I did the job. Spray and buffed a family room and synthetic area rug with Rocket came out great. Well the wool wall to wall gave me problems. First I decided to use Releasit Punch on it. The dark traffic lanes smiled at the Punch and told it to go piss up a rope.....Didn't cut at all. That's even after I ran my Cimex over it too. Luckily I had sprayed an office off of the larger area to test it. I used the Punch because it was supposed to be a bit more aggressive and doubles as a HWE traffic lane pretreat and I figured if need be I could rinse the bad areas. Well still looked like shit after a hot flush. So instead of using a 9-10ph prespray like usual I got ou something "wool safe" BIG MISTAKE.........Whipped out some Chemspec Heavy Duty Soil Lifter and even boosted it with Biosolve Citrus. Dirty lanes came clean with I nice scrub but now I gotta extract but figure I'm in decent shape. I knew ahead of time how the Soil Lifter was a damn bubble bath for cpt so I mixed at 1/3 of what the label said to be safe. I figured I'd let the Biosolve do the rest which it did. Ended up going through half a jug of defoamer till I ran out. It seemed I had to lay some down every 5-7 wet strokes. Killed my vacuum. After I rinsed I had to go back and dry vac the whole large ass area after I cleared the foam from my vac hose with the last of the defoamer I had. Apologized to the customer about the damn job taking 6 hours and left to blowers going which I'm picking up tomorrow after my first job. Told him he can pay me if he's happy when I get there. Through the half jug of Heavy Duty Soil Lifter in my garbage pail when I got home. Junk.
Ed....I feel your pain. I think its safe to say that most of us here have had days and jobs like yours. I know I have. Gotta chalk it up to a learning experience.

Sometimes You're The Windshield And Sometimes You're The Bug.