Who uses the swivel head stair tools? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Who uses the swivel head stair tools?

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
What's your feedback on it? I just ordered one a few days ago, and I should've asked this question before I bought it. OhWell. Who know what about this tool?

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I had one delivered this month!
So far I like the swivel. Came in real handy on a motor home I cleaned last week!
Some very tight areas that wanding wasn't an option and Uph tool would work but... Stair tool much more efficient!
I can see it being a big asset on winding tight staircases!
Yup , I think I will be happy with the purchase!

Reactions: matt30577

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
I've used one ever since they came out.

bjones2004

Feb 3, 2013
Real Name
Brandon Jones
I've been considering this but I feel I'd want a small handle attached to the head of the wand so I can grab it and swivel it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TMF Forums mobile app

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
We have them and love them. We run glides and have double jets on them. Would have to look at what size jets we have that seem to be our sweet spot.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Why does it matter if it's a single or double jet? The one I bought came with a single jet, I figured it will do a good job. I havn't used it yet, because they forgot to include the handle with it, which should arrive at my house sometime today or tomorrow.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Why does it matter if it's a single or double jet? The one I bought came with a single jet, I figured it will do a good job. I havn't used it yet, because they forgot to include the handle with it, which should arrive at my house sometime today or tomorrow.
Matt,
Perhaps two jets would give it a better spray pattern.
I'm enjoying my swivel stair tool , I will get a glide for it though.
The one jet is heavier spray in the middle and of course looses pressure and flow at the edges.
Overall , good tool to have.
Again it came in handy on two motor homes I cleaned yesterday, where the wand was to wide and Uph tool more work!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hated it. Just can't clean the bull nose correctly with it.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Hated it. Just can't clean the bull nose correctly with it.
I figured, either way, that I would have to pull the vac. hose off and go over the nose with it. It has to be better than throwing both hoses over my shoulder to turn my wand around to do the front of the stairs.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I figured, either way, that I would have to pull the vac. hose off and go over the nose with it. It has to be better than throwing both hoses over my shoulder to turn my wand around to do the front of the stairs.

I think they could have a winner if they shortened it a bit and made the head a little tighter. The swivel is too loose for my taste. But tastes vary and you may love it as others do above Matt. Let us know how you like it.

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
I have the swivel head with the open jets, not a closed jet (or one in a housing), and the double jets I have set up flush better and have a better pattern.

We just got done doing 120 steps a couple of hours ago, and it was way easier with our set up....

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Well...I finally used it today. And I HATE IT. I couldn't keep the head still from swiveling, therefore, it was extremely hard to keep a vacuum seal on the carpet. Those stairs are probably still wet from this morning. I'm glad I was just bartering on that job, or I'd feel really bad right now.

The good news is, Magic Wand told me that I could return it and swap it out for something else. What do ya'll recommend for a good stair tool that I can do both sides of the stairs without fighting my hoses at the same time when I do the face of the stairs?

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
There is a trick to it but once you get used to it's fine.
But I found the solution hose too short and had to go to the hardware store and added a brass extension right after the quick connect. The short hose wouldn't allow the swivel to fully go flat for the risers.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
There is a trick to it but once you get used to it's fine.
But I found the solution hose too short and had to go to the hardware store and added a brass extension right after the quick connect. The short hose wouldn't allow the swivel to fully go flat for the risers.

The way I feel with any wand, is, they should have already done the testing on the wand so we wouldn't have to tweak it out with any adjustments for the prices we pay. I payed $270+shipping. I'm not gonna experiment with a brand new tool. Nope, not for me.

The swivel idea that I had in my head has already popped my bubble of excitement. POP!

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
Another cleaner gave me that idea because he had the same problem.
The brass fitting only costs $1.49

Maybe some monkey who was putting them together cut the solution line too short.

I also use the wand for rugs and those tight spaces say around toilets.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I hear about all these adjustments that we make on our Bentley's and Prochems and Mach wands that makes me ill. Our job is to make the carpet clean. Why can't they adjust these jets for us when they make the wands at the factory. Once the "sweet spot" is there with the size jets and the angle, we dont change it. For the prices that are paid on these tools, they should work perfect when we pull it out of the box.

I hope PMF, Prochem, Mytee, and every other wand maker reads this.

Do you have to buy different size tires when you buy a new car? What about buying a different water pump when you buy a new tm? I don't think so. The same should go with the wand makers

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Another cleaner gave me that idea because he had the same problem.
The brass fitting only costs $1.49

Maybe some monkey who was putting them together cut the solution line too short.

That's no excuse