Who uses Quickbooks?

Benjamin Clark

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonds, Wa
Real Name
Benjamin Clark
Business Location
United States
We started using Quickbooks based on a thread on TMF we saw a year ago and it has helped organize our business beyond belief. We do everything through it; payroll, accept credit cards, track our advertising $s, categorize our expenses, estimates, invoices, payments, everything. We have a subscription to Quickbooks online version rather than buy new software every year and now I just saw they came out with a great Quickbooks online app for iPad. I figured i had to post it on here because it's help our business so much and because I've read a few guys on here with one van operations use an iPad for a lot of running there business.
Sounds like the way to go. Just curious what % of you guys are utilizing Quickbooks as well.

Reactions: Gavin

Beeks

Dec 11, 2012
FL
Real Name
JR
i use quickbooks, but i know alot of guys on here are service monster fanatics.

Joey J.

Jun 18, 2008
Fl
Service Monster is not a replacement for QuickBooks, they work hand in hand.

I use them both. QuickBooks or some equivalent is almost a must have imo. It was one of the first things i bought when i launched the business.

Service monster can be lived without if you're willing to put in the office work doing what it does automatically.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
Quickbooks was one of the first business purchases I made months ago. Quickbooks (or equivalent software) is a must have if you are running a business and will easily pay for itself when it comes to tax prep.

Reactions: Andrew C

0331grunt

Feb 3, 2011
OK
Real Name
Craig Osburn
Business Location
United States
I use it as well. However, I am still learning how to use it. I just bought it recently and can tell that it will do so much more than I know how to do. I can see how it will help, but I must implement the time to learn it and use it. My wife is more excited about the tax part, as she does all of it now :cool:

Floor Tek

Apr 10, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Ryan Timmerman
Business Location
United States
I've use quickbooks for years and just recently paid for the additional subscription for the online stuff. Now i can create estimates and invoices from my phone or tablet on the spot and also input payment information when i pick up checks at the ups store without having to go back home just to put the info in. I couldn't imagine doing business without it

Reactions: Andrew C

TheBeast

Mar 30, 2011
Kentucky
monsterclean.us
Real Name
Dave Chrisman
Business Location
United States
Those of you using an online, can you generate sales orders with it yet? I've been using Enterprise Edition so I can use the sales order function to generate work orders for technicians

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk while peeing in the new tech's coffee

Dennis Anderson

Jul 16, 2012
Real Name
Dennis Anderson
I've use quickbooks for years and just recently paid for the additional subscription for the online stuff. Now i can create estimates and invoices from my phone or tablet on the spot and also input payment information when i pick up checks at the ups store without having to go back home just to put the info in. I couldn't imagine doing business without it
How do you go about leaving the customer an invoice?

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I have been using QuickBooks since day one with my business, cant imagine not having it. I can easily pull up invoices, expenses, reports and estimates from 5 years ago. Best way to track everything, I have been using the same version with no upgrades since 2008.

Benjamin Clark

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonds, Wa
Real Name
Benjamin Clark
Business Location
United States
I have been using QuickBooks since day one with my business, cant imagine not having it. I can easily pull up invoices, expenses, reports and estimates from 5 years ago. Best way to track everything, I have been using the same version with no upgrades since 2008.
The nice thing about the online version there are no upgrades. It just automatically stays up to date. Also you'll be able to access all your customer information and old invoices and estimates from your mobile phone or device with you. If you have something like Square app or Quickbooks GoPayment you can accept credit card payments right there and then are completely mobile

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Not so sure bout keeping MY database on a cloud.
One thing to consider when deciding to buy the online version or in store version.
I prefer my data to stay on MY pc.
Call me paranoid......but.......its already happening right now. Folks are loosing or having their data stolen from the cloud.

Gavin

Jan 21, 2011
WA
Real Name
Gavin Green
Business Location
United States
I use quickbooks all the way.

bhendricks

Mar 18, 2012
NJ
Real Name
Bernard Hendricks
Business Location
United States
I was going to use QB but i didnt cause it seem like its takes a lot of time. I use paychex for payroll and service monster for invoices and all the other things it has. With Paychex they handle all the tax stuff and send it out so all i do is put in the employee hours and thats it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TMF Forums mobile app

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Why are you paying every year for new software? It is every three years that you have to either upgrade or be discontinued from certain things. We have quickbooks 2009 for our home office. For credit card processing and invoicing we use online version (pay as you go type of deal).