Who Makes the Best Truck Mount???

Discussion in 'Modify Truckmounts & Portables' started by Maximum Air, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Pinosan

Premium VIP

Nov 22, 2011
    Male
    Owner/operator Carpet cleaning Tech
    California
    Ratings:
    +7,857 / 42 / -0
    Yes, I heard some horror stories about him. I recently let a TMF member borrow one blower because this guys returned his rebuilt blower out of timing and all fked up. Tey will go to court I guess. Kevin came up with the excuse, he needed to see the TM. I can tell you I have rebuilt blowers and I don't need to see the TM to make sure my blower will be working fine. Neither Tuthill. You bring the blower they fix it, it works fine with guarantee. But Kevin won"t take responsibility without seeing the TM. That was the last I heard maybe things changed in the last few days.

2. tmillar

tmillar Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I would go with the Areo Tech XT or the Butler with big blower and big heat with 2.5 inch hoses

3. Brentypoo86

Brentypoo86 Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot. Appreciate the heads up. Any ideas where I could go to get good advice and good equipment in SoCal? I don't know the first thing about this industry so I really need some honest people to work with.

4. Chips Butler Service

Mar 25, 2011
    Butler Service and Carpet Cleaning
    Michigan
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hey you didn't even mention The Butler System? There track record is flawless, resale value is unmatched, ease of maintenance, Last but not least They have the Same Platform as they did since inception in 1980' The Butler Direct Drive is absolutely the Best!! Hands down.
    Chip

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. larry roy

larry roy New Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  6. Anderson

Anderson Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Belton Texas
    Ratings:
    +362 / 5 / -0
    I may be wrong but i dont believe any hx truckmount can hold heat for dual flow if you are using 2 zippers on continual flow- no trigger...thats 24 flow or 3 gpm
    gotta go to fuel hea....

7. Koka

Koka New Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree, go with pro1200 direct drive , very solid unit, well built, no issues so far...

8. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +26,525 / 83 / -0
    There is a new Truckmount on the horizon. I am not at liberty to speak of it at present but it has the potential to make the standard ones obsolete.

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,162 / 0 / -0
    Is this one that you are designing, lol?

10. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,607 / 84 / -0
    When is this suppose to be announced or available?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Anderson

Anderson Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Belton Texas
    Ratings:
    +362 / 5 / -0
    i believe this suprise super duper truckmount will be revealed at the Florida carpet cleaning symposium????
    next week??????
    but just guessing?????

i am skeptical as I already have an easy to work on Truckmount that is upgradable and I use kero heater!!!!!!!!
    but it has its limits
    but we will see as I believe it is time for a new standard....

these problems need to be fixed with TM:
    1. easier to work on!!!!!
    2. more afordable(some of these vans-TM costs as much as a brand new 18 wheeler 70-80k)
    3. more consistent heat for HX
    4. also able to upgrade to larger engine and larger blower if needed

i WOULD BE INTERESTED to see if they can improve the HX system...but I believe there is no way to match fuel heat
    as you are limited on btu's comming off the engine.....
    I thought the pto's would have more heat coming off the van engine......but I am hearing conflicting reports that
    these direct drive...butler ... are not any different heat than some of the slide-ins

• Like Like x 1
  12. rob allen

rob allen Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +26,525 / 83 / -0
    Yes and no. Does that help? :)

13. rccva

rccva Active Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -0
    I'll be replacing my Butler within the next year, I hope this is something to get excited about.

14. rob allen

rob allen Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +26,525 / 83 / -0
    I hope so too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,094 / 6 / -0
    NATURAL GAS! less than .50 cents a gallon. you can get a fill station at your house.

Imagine the size blower you could run without the high fuel costs.

Also soo many homes in the US have LNG. Motors would last as long as a propane engine 8500 hrs instead of approx 5000

smoking hot natural gas heater could be as hot as you want.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kyle8

Kyle8 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Ratings:
    +504 / 9 / -0
    Dang

17. Allied

Allied Life is good!
    Premium VIP

Jun 18, 2013
    Male
    CC Biz Owner
    GA
    Ratings:
    +2,682 / 10 / -0
    Lets break these points down:

1. easier to work on!!!!!

- Not going to happen...it will probably have the latest and greatest technology...read computers. Easy to work on is a Judson TNT type TM...period.

2. more afordable(some of these vans-TM costs as much as a brand new 18 wheeler 70-80k)

- The more goodies they have in them the more they will cost...I am going to go on record and predict $28K for middle of the road model as they surely will have options.

3. more consistent heat for HX

- You said it...limited heat source...limited heat...only true fire breathers in this industry are fuel fired TMs.

4. also able to upgrade to larger engine and larger blower if needed

- Yes...because they would rather let you upgrade on the cheap instead of selling you a new TM.

I will eat crow if proven wrong...all I'm saying is don't expect a fire breathing, anyone can fix, modular TM for $14K.

18. Allied

Allied Life is good!
    Premium VIP

Jun 18, 2013
    Male
    CC Biz Owner
    GA
    Ratings:
    +2,682 / 10 / -0
    [​IMG]

19. Allied

Allied Life is good!
    Premium VIP

Jun 18, 2013
    Male
    CC Biz Owner
    GA
    Ratings:
    +2,682 / 10 / -0
    Judson already had a NG TM...runs an LG4HP.

20. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,094 / 6 / -0
    yup Les is the one who told me the LNG ones will be popular at some point. Its just a matter of getting the fill station at your house.

there is one available for 4k but other fill stations are as much as 10k.

either way it could be bundled in a TM purchase for 25k.... then your operating for less than 50 cents a gallon.

all of our garbage trucks, and other city vehicles run on LNG. You could have truck and TM running on it.

Imagine a company running 10 trucks all operating for .50cents a gallon. Thats big money your saving

• Like Like x 2