Who is my Facebook Audience?

Drew Moore

Nov 16, 2015
Memphis, Tennessee
Real Name
Drew Moore
Business Location
United States
I recently read a conversation on a current thread and some of the posts were asking in Facebook what age group do we target? How do we find that sweet spot? Is 18 too young? How old is too old? Well...I'm here to provide SOME information. This is not definitive, but it is a snapshot of the data for my current Facebook ad. So far it's generated over 600 posts clicks and reached over 8K people since posting less than 10 days ago. This will need some work to generate more clicks but more importantly how to turn those 600 post engagements into information i can use, i.e. phone numbers, e-mail address, home address, etc. I included a PDF attachment so you can see for yourself all of the gender and age data, it seems my sweet spot is women aged 25-34...

Attachments

• Facebook_Audience.pdf
    103.4 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: Ray Thomas
Nov 2, 2015
Real Name
Jeremy stinson
Facebook is been great
For me to get the website clicks but I haven't seen a call come over yet... There's no way to capture the email address or phone numbers for these people clicking... They wouldn't want to give you that info because if they did you wouldn't need to keep advertising with them.... How many clients do you need a year.. And what average ticket? My goal
Is 750 jobs a year at $250 each

Drew Moore

Nov 16, 2015
Memphis, Tennessee
Real Name
Drew Moore
Business Location
United States
Facebook is been great
For me to get the website clicks but I haven't seen a call come over yet... There's no way to capture the email address or phone numbers for these people clicking... They wouldn't want to give you that info because if they did you wouldn't need to keep advertising with them.... How many clients do you need a year.. And what average ticket? My goal
Is 750 jobs a year at $250 each

It's a numbers game, some will call directly or some will opt-in to your landing page and give their information, but only in return for something of value. This is the trick to turning page clicks into useful information and closed sales. And there is no one answer, it's a lot of variables and each person is influenced differently by your ad. There is a lot to advertising in general but Facebook really is the best platform simply in terms of reach, relatively low costs, and amount of effort needed to market your business.

Nov 2, 2015
Real Name
Jeremy stinson
I agree completely, I just launched my 1st ad.... In my area there are a ton of small pages for specials and deals... And I often get business from these... A friend of mine also runs his business's out of these and he's booked solid 2 weeks out from these small pages. I don't compete with him so it's a little hard.

Reactions: Drew Moore

Drew Moore

Nov 16, 2015
Memphis, Tennessee
Real Name
Drew Moore
Business Location
United States
I agree completely, I just launched my 1st ad.... In my area there are a ton of small pages for specials and deals... And I often get business from these... A friend of mine also runs his business's out of these and he's booked solid 2 weeks out from these small pages. I don't compete with him so it's a little hard.

It's all about exposure, trying different things and doing more of what works. People have to see a value in your product, they have to benefit from it.

Hit their pain points and the explain how you can solve them, that's part of the strategy.

Drew Moore

Nov 16, 2015
Memphis, Tennessee
Real Name
Drew Moore
Business Location
United States
It's all about exposure, trying different things and doing more of what works. People have to see a value in your product, they have to benefit from it.

Hit their pain points and the explain how you can solve them, that's part of the strategy.

Something I'm trying to work into my marketing plan is looking at AT&T and how they're always offering gift cards in return for buying their services or mail in rebates on something you buy at BestBuy or wherever.

So for example I have an AD I'm drafting, spend minimum $125 and get $25 back in a Visa GC after you review my company on FB and you like my page. It benefits me because I'll make at least $100 off each customer and I get FB reviews and I'll get more page likes.

Also a good FB creates urgency, offer runs from X time to X time or X number of new customers will receive this in return..

So if I get 10 closed leads from that I'll generate at minimum $1,250.00 minus my $250 in gift cards and let's say I set my budget for FB at $80 and it runs for 10 days. I'm still gonna net over $900 from one $80 FB ad.

I'm not guaranteeing this as a proven science but just something I'm tinkering with.

Ron Musgraves

Jun 22, 2014
Phoenix
www.propowerrwash.com
Real Name
Ron Musgraves
Business Location
United States
I think if your residential Based Facebook local buyer groups are great. You can simple advertise by posting. always helps to have customers who can refer you in the groups. Keep in mind this is all bringing our neighbors closer to us.

Posted a Photo as example of what I'm talking about.

15,000 neighbors in the one group

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 6.24.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 6.24.45 AM.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 157

Drew Moore

Nov 16, 2015
Memphis, Tennessee
Real Name
Drew Moore
Business Location
United States
I think if your residential Based Facebook local buyer groups are great. You can simple advertise by posting. always helps to have customers who can refer you in the groups. Keep in mind this is all bringing our neighbors closer to us.

Posted a Photo as example of what I'm talking about.

15,000 neighbors in the one group

Local Facebook groups like you mentioned are often times untapped groups because they're so overlooked. Just like a lot of people overlook farming neighborhoods. It's common practice in Real Estate but rarely makes it outside of that industry.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I recently read a conversation on a current thread and some of the posts were asking in Facebook what age group do we target? How do we find that sweet spot? Is 18 too young? How old is too old? Well...I'm here to provide SOME information. This is not definitive, but it is a snapshot of the data for my current Facebook ad. So far it's generated over 600 posts clicks and reached over 8K people since posting less than 10 days ago. This will need some work to generate more clicks but more importantly how to turn those 600 post engagements into information i can use, i.e. phone numbers, e-mail address, home address, etc. I included a PDF attachment so you can see for yourself all of the gender and age data, it seems my sweet spot is women aged 25-34...
Online, your sweet spot is 25-34. But your chance of getting a customer from that age group is slimmer than the 55-64 range. Sure, there's less online activity, but the chance of those few responses calling you is a lot higher.

My best range of Facebook activity is the
34-65
Women with pets and anything to do with kids.
The younger generation has a higher chance to share all your ads, and the older generation will be fewer, but they'll be the ones to pick up the phone and call

Drew Moore

Nov 16, 2015
Memphis, Tennessee
Real Name
Drew Moore
Business Location
United States
Online, your sweet spot is 25-34. But your chance of getting a customer from that age group is slimmer than the 55-64 range. Sure, there's less online activity, but the chance of those few responses calling you is a lot higher.

My best range of Facebook activity is the
34-65
Women with pets and anything to do with kids.
The younger generation has a higher chance to share all your ads, and the older generation will be fewer, but they'll be the ones to pick up the phone and call

i believe it all depends...the younger generation has more online presence, obviously. And they're also the ones to be gung-ho DIY and they just binge watched a whole season of Fixer Upper so they believe they know more than us or they can cheat the system and spend the weekend cleaning their carpets with a Bissell only to have it smell like dirty underwear because it took a week to dry.

And the older generation is online less but they will be the ones to reward you with loyalty.

I created this thread to show the age breakdown on Facrbook as other people have discussed who and what age to best market to on Facebook, it's not to say one is better than the other or one is preferred over another.