Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Excellent information, thanks!
What kind of brushes, tools and equipment do you suggest, and where to get it?

I'm really kind of shocked there are not more guys doing this.

It seems like an easy add on for $70-120.
I plan to start off doing only the easy ones, single floor through the wall types.
We don't have basements in my market, but we do have a lot of multilevel and high rise units.
We JUST started marketing this....First check with Rob Allen on here (he Does it) and you can go to cliff@lintalert.com for more info.
We have yet to do one (aside from my personal 'Crib' Bout all I can tell you at this point!

Reactions: rob allen

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
We JUST started marketing this....First check with Rob Allen on here (he Does it) and you can go to cliff@lintalert.com for more info.
We have yet to do one (aside from my personal 'Crib' Bout all I can tell you at this point!
The key is to ask ever customer ever time.
If you ask without waver,
You will be blown away with the extra money in your wallet at the end of the week.
So again,
Every customer, every time.
Dont skip, dont have a feeling they wont do it, dont think their car looks to old or tv is still black and white......or think they are too cheap........or cant afford it. Let them make that call, not you.
Ask ever customer every time.

The actually cleaning part is a cake walk and you will feel like a pros by the time you have done 3 or 4 of em.

Good Luck!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
You will be blown away with the extra money in your wallet at the end of the week.
So again,
Dont skip, dont have a feeling they wont do it, dont think their car looks to old or tv is still black and white.

The actually cleaning part is a cake walk and you will feel like a pros by the time you have done 3 or 4 of em.

Good Luck!
SO RIGHT! You are Helping them solve a Potential DISASTER after all!

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
SO RIGHT! You are Helping them solve a Potential DISASTER after all!
AND
saving them money on their power bill as well as unnecessary wear and tear on their dryer. When lent begins to line the walls of the dryer vent it dramatically slows down the air being blown from the dryer. This results in the dryer needing to run longer to get the clothes dry. Causing a huge waste in electric and or gas depending on the dryers heat source.

Pro tip, find out how many dryer vent fires your local Fire Department Responded too last year.
In Columbus Ohio in 2012 the Fire Department responded to 362 dryer vent fires, and over a 1000 vents that were clogged and smoldering a bit with smoke, but no fire.
Powerful fact that can close a deal for a homeowner on the fence about having the service performed.

Reactions: Mr.E

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
AND
saving them money on their power bill as well as unnecessary wear and tear on their dryer. When lent begins to line the walls of the dryer vent it dramatically slows down the air being blown from the dryer. This results in the dryer needing to run longer to get the clothes dry. Causing a huge waste in electric and or gas depending on the dryers heat source.

Pro tip, find out how many dryer vent fires your local Fire Department Responded too last year.
In Columbus Ohio in 2012 the Fire Department responded to 362 dryer vent fires, and over a 1000 vents that were clogged and smoldering a bit with smoke, but no fire.
Powerful fact that can close a deal for a homeowner on the fence about having the service performed.
YEP,YEP and YEP!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
So how do you clean dryer vents? I want in in this.
So how do you clean dryer vents? I want in in this.
Johnny...U-TUBE IT! Pretty much Piece of Cake? We're going to start with the single floor..Til we feel good about it...Practice!
More than likely (as it should) will take 3x's longer at first til we get it down...None the less seems like a Super add on!
make SURE you read ALL Methods...Using a TMT..you MUST have a DUST DOWNER or RISK taking out a 2-3,000.00 BLOWER!
NO BUENO! Not to mention Blowers are Tons of FUN installing!

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
So again,
Dont skip, dont have a feeling they wont do it, dont think their car looks to old or tv is still black and white......or think they are too cheap........or cant afford it. Let them make that call, not you.

Good Luck!
GREAT ADVISE! LOW KEY..I Assume? Can we get a QUICK PITCH FROM YA.....?

pacleaner

Dec 24, 2012
Real Name
Glen Isaacson
Business Location
United States
Johnny...U-TUBE IT! Pretty much Piece of Cake?

Some are easier than others. You have to watch out for wasps when you are on the out side. You may have to go up high on a ladder and then have to reach way over to one side to get to a vent. I have had several where they turn at a 90% bend and there was just nothing I could do. One where the bend was in the basement and I was able to take it apart and clean it. You have to be careful that you do not tear the flex hose apart. The dryers can be heavy and tough to move without scratching a floor or even breaking the top of the dryer where the controls are if you pull on it to move one, I recommend never using the control panel to jockey a dryer around. I use a camera every time. You would be surprised how much you can see blow out and then you look in with a scope and it still has huge clumps hanging on to the walls. Often there is only a couple feet behind the dryer to work and the laundry room so small you can't get any more space. It isn't always a bad one but it also isn't that you walk up quick push a brush through and get paid. It can take an hour set up to clean up with some.

Gregory Allen

Jul 4, 2013
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I concur w previous comments but the average time from drive up to drive away for us is 1 hour or less, and we take a dryer vent from no air flow to full air flow and a kitchen trash bag half full of lint. Easy money in most cases and helps keep your schedule busy when carpet cleaning is down a bit.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

BESJohn

Dec 5, 2011
South Carolina
Real Name
John Pence, Jr.
Business Location
United States
Next.... who is cleaning out actual dryers??
I had to replace the rear bearing on my dryer and this is what I found inside! :eek:
May be easier to do this then the vent cleaning.
Dryer.JPG

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Next.... who is cleaning out actual dryers??
I had to replace the rear bearing on my dryer and this is what I found inside! :eek:
May be easier to do this then the vent cleaning.
View attachment 22295
We offer it for another $159. Package vent and dryer cleaning for $239. Sells easily.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app
I never thought of doing both. Great idea!