Sep 8, 2015
London, England
www.cleanerclients.com
Real Name
Ryan Love
Business Location
United Kingdom
Up to you boss!

But every customer you get you should be drilling them until they say where they found you.

If you're already number 4 in the free rankings and yelp is getting you some returns, do everything you can to get to number one.

Try to get more reviews, but bear in my mind that yelp doesn't allow you to solicit reviews. One great way to get reviews though is through "Check Ins", which last I heard yelp do allow, see http://marketingland.com/incentivized-check-ins-white-hat-trick-getting-reviews-yelp-120607

And make sure you fill out your profile with as much info and images as possible. Some companies have over 100 of their own pictures on their yelp listing and it helps them stand out big time and get more eyeballs. Check out http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/pinks-carpet-cleaning-moreno-valley-2 for an example.

If people are already finding you on yelp and they see you have as many pictures as that guy, you'll kill it!

Reactions: katandmouse

Light351

May 20, 2012
Real Name
Sal
Yelp is all smiles and happy faces! Til you get on there bad side!! Then they become nasty unprofessional people! Ive had there reps scream and insult me on the phone... Thats my experience with them..

Now my father? He also complains on non stop calling they do trying to get him to sign up for paid advertising, every time he tells them "sorry not now" they go back and pull one of this yelp reviews down.. He has 40+ 5 star reviews..

katandmouse

Sep 17, 2022
San Jose, Ca
katandmouse.com
Real Name
Kathy Long
Have you mentioned anything about a review to the customers?
Ryan, You may know already, but Yelp does not allow you to solicit reviews. If you get caught doing that, you can get penalized. But what you can do is request customers leave photos. So we're going to start sending a before and after photo collage along with a thank you note that also includes a link to leave a review at google and photos at Yelp. While there, they probably will also leave a review, but it won't be us asking.

The other thing you can do is include a "See Us in Yelp" message or ad in all your correspondence.

katandmouse

Sep 17, 2022
San Jose, Ca
katandmouse.com
Real Name
Kathy Long
Can I ask how your set up with them? like whats in it for them. I see where they retain 30% of ticket or sale online maybe. I dont know. I would like to know how to set up with them and what to expect them to ask for. Not huge here yet, but that's when I like to jump in when something is GONNA be big. Just a matter of time.
Best thing to do is work with a professional Yelp partner because partners get advantages you don't and save you money. I know because I'm one. I only signed up because my client wanted the benefits. What I like is as a partner I can add negative keywords to the ads. Yelp's algorithms may start showing you for keywords you don't want, such as house cleaning if you don't do that. As a pro partner, I can say, "no, no, no, don't you dare Yelp," and remove that keyword. That alone prevents quite a bit of ad $ waste.