emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Now I just don't answer them ( call display on my cell) but must get 15-20 a week.
I block out the # but still doesn't seem to do anything.
I have voicemail so if it something/someone legit there will be a message. With these questionable # no message which is great but the calls are annoying.
Not talking different area codes as these can be a real job or potential.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Now I just don't answer them ( call display on my cell) but must get 15-20 a week.
I have voicemail so if it something/someone legit there will be a message. With these questionable # no message which is great but the calls are annoying.

I have actually input some of these numbers in my phone as spam. I swear one of the spam numbers later called and became a customer.

Meaning there are apps that can broadcast an incorrect number on the caller id. So the number that is calling may not be the number that is calling.

I just answer and hang up if they are unimportant. Unfortunately not every prospective client leaves a message, I used to think if they can't leave a message they aren't a customer for me. Sometimes a completely reasonable person can be in a rush also, so they call many places.

Anyway I attempt to answer every ring on my phone no matter whom it may be. It can be very tiring...lol

Reactions: keep it clean

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I have actually input some of these numbers in my phone as spam. I swear one of the spam numbers later called and became a customer.

Meaning there are apps that can broadcast an incorrect number on the caller id. So the number that is calling may not be the number that is calling.

I just answer and hang up if they are unimportant. Unfortunately not every prospective client leaves a message, I used to think if they can't leave a message they aren't a customer for me. Sometimes a completely reasonable person can be in a rush also, so they call many places.

Anyway I attempt to answer every ring on my phone no matter whom it may be. It can be very tiring...lol
Agree with answering your phone .
In my neck of the woods we have one area code 204.
I know the area codes for the western provinces and 99.9 % if it is not a 204# it is telephone soliciting or google or someone not booking a job.
Here are some blocked calls that are in my iPhone
image.png
image.png

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Agree with answering your phone .
In my neck of the woods we have one area code 204.
I know the area codes for the western provinces and 99.9 % if it is not a 204# it is telephone soliciting or google or someone not booking a job.
Here are some blocked calls that are in my iPhone
View attachment 64115 View attachment 64116

Lol these guys are ruthless.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Did you ask them to take you off there list? Usually works for me

Sent from my SM-N920P using TMF Forums mobile app
Up in Canada for residential/ business /cell your were suppose to be able to put your # on a "Do not call list" for telephone soliciting etc.
Doesn't work.
I have answered and asked them not to call again but...they still do.
I just ignore # and then block it out. Don't know how many times I got a call from google or website providers etc

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
they are starting to spoof local cell numbers. they've even spoofed mine to call other locals. locals have picked up thinking it's me, and it's somebody from asia selling something or other.
I've heard of a scam were your cell phone rings and on your call display is your # . You pick up and nothing there . You then get a few dollars charged on your bill. Most people don't always look at the billing and just pay it with out knowing.

Wec

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
dustin denton
There is no don't call list for business numbers its only for residential numbers
It. Is really easy to have whatever number you want show on the caller id when you call someone it is a nice feature just abused way to much

You can set up a pbx server on the cloud for 15 dollars a month rentpbx.com
and have all your calls go to the pbx then out to wherever you want and have a really nice phone system that you can block the Tellamarker really easy and it will play a zap tone that most Tellamarker will take your number off there list because they will think the number is disconnected

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
I've heard of a scam were your cell phone rings and on your call display is your # . You pick up and nothing there . You then get a few dollars charged on your bill. Most people don't always look at the billing and just pay it with out knowing.
Holy shyte..... I thought I was all alone on that one..... Seen that countless times..... I never answer.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States

I get calls like that almost daily, but on my landline mainly, not much on my cell yet. I handle them the same as you. I simply can't answer them all. I can pretty much tell which ones aren't legit, but not always. My phone does allow to block a certain amount of calls and that helps. Haven't needed to block any on my cell yet so I don't know how that works. I don't know where all the calls are coming from. Some appear to be automated. Many are in the U.S. I frequently get calls that have a city name for the caller ID like Houston, TX. for example.