Who does this with their chemicals?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
How many times have you spilled your powder chemicals everywhere or even liquids? (awaits the 8ball comments)

Seriously though, I viewed a video recently of a guy trying to mix up 4 different products (no idea why) and spilled the product everywhere! Totally unprofessional in my opinion.

So.....I created this video for you all, who wants one??

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I knew a cleaner once that mixed up a concoction of chems for a rat nasty and after applying it on the job found out that it made his tennis shoes start to dissolve!

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Suddenly remembered an indecent from a few years ago with a cleaning company I used to work for.

In an effort to save money I got them to buy their Windex in gallon jugs from home depot instead by the 26oz spray bottle every time we needed it. Did the math and found it was going to be a savings of $1.60 per spray bottle and was going to shave about $50 a month off our chemical cost (guys used a ton of Windex). I left a gallon jug of Windex at each store with a funnel attached to the jug by 18" of cord. A week later guys were calling to let me know they were out of Windex. "How the hell did you use a gallon of Windex in a week?" "Its really hard to fill the spray bottle without spilling everywhere." "Did you use the funnel?" "No." "So you just dumped product down the drain with the funnel dangling off the jug?" "No the funnel was getting in the way so I cut it off and threw it away."

I think it was shortly after this I noticed a bald spot forming on top of my head.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Suddenly remembered an indecent from a few years ago with a cleaning company I used to work for.

In an effort to save money I got them to buy their Windex in gallon jugs from home depot instead by the 26oz spray bottle every time we needed it. Did the math and found it was going to be a savings of $1.60 per spray bottle and was going to shave about $50 a month off our chemical cost (guys used a ton of Windex). I left a gallon jug of Windex at each store with a funnel attached to the jug by 18" of cord. A week later guys were calling to let me know they were out of Windex. "How the hell did you use a gallon of Windex in a week?" "Its really hard to fill the spray bottle without spilling everywhere." "Did you use the funnel?" "No." "So you just dumped product down the drain with the funnel dangling off the jug?" "No the funnel was getting in the way so I cut it off and threw it away."

I think it was shortly after this I noticed a bald spot forming on top of my head.
I wanted to give your post a "funny" but it's just too sad.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
It's breathtakingly amazing how stupid people can be. I used to work for a mega chemical company and we would train janitors and cleaning staff all the time. We used colored labels, bottles, bi or tri lingual labeling, even pictures and still they would get it messed up. "Can't fix stupid."

Feb 15, 2017
Real Name
Alan Dyches Jr
I see carpet cleaning and restoration crews mixing chemicals or filling pump sprayers on the back of their truck, all the while spilling it all over their truck and the ground. Not a good look, and the fish at the end of the storm drain runoff probably don't appreciate the extras.

Having said all of that I'm super-sensitive about chemicals, I don't even allow crews to bring jugs of chemicals in a house only spray bottles, and the spray bottle ALWAYS lives in a Rubbermaid tote while on-site. No setting things on counters / furniture / ground etc...

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
How many times have you spilled your powder chemicals everywhere or even liquids? (awaits the 8ball comments)

Seriously though, I viewed a video recently of a guy trying to mix up 4 different products (no idea why) and spilled the product everywhere! Totally unprofessional in my opinion.

Far too time consuming for this guy. Bigger funnel = Faster fills. I'd be there all day filling 8-10 Hydroforces for the day. Not being critical Tre just my world.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall

I can't tell but does that pour cup have an oz listing on it? That would make it way more valuable.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I still use the standard scooper but mine does not go everywhere because I squeeze the scooper to narrow it and then poor the chemical inside the jar.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I still use the standard scooper but mine does not go everywhere because I squeeze the scooper to narrow it and then poor the chemical inside the jar.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
Yup....helps to be a tad smarter than the scoop.:) That's why I stopped measuring with an eye dropper!:confused: