Who Does E-Mail Marketing?

repspro

Apr 11, 2021
repairsprout.com
Real Name
Bogdan Krstic
That sounds terrific. How do you get or ask for the email addresses? I know I recoil when someone asks for my email and ususally give them an address that is my junk mail I never look at. Thx.

In a nutshell, to get someone's email, you need to give something that's valuable and worth exchanging an email address for.

Usually, this is a free quote, inspection, discount or even a small product.

You could set up a guide (nothing too fancy, small 10 page eBook or 15 minute video), teaching a certain subject.

Think of your prospects. What information - information they're actually interested in consuming - could you provide them with for free?

Use that product to collect people's emails.

Hope I've helped.

John B.B.

Feb 25, 2013
Denver
Real Name
J. Bulsterbaum
Email is nowadays also a major legal headache: actual laws require a lot from you to even ask for them, and if you get them but haven't done the things required, you should discard them...
Largely due to e.g. "oh they want my email for this valuable thing!? I'll just input someone else's..." (Among many other reasons.)

repspro

Apr 11, 2021
repairsprout.com
Real Name
Bogdan Krstic
Email is nowadays also a major legal headache: actual laws require a lot from you to even ask for them, and if you get them but haven't done the things required, you should discard them...
Largely due to e.g. "oh they want my email for this valuable thing!? I'll just input someone else's..." (Among many other reasons.)
Absolutely agree.

The thing with email is - there is just SO MUCH information out there and so many people just spamming the hell out of it. The law was basically forced to take action.

For many businesses, especially small ones, a simple email list where you send updates from time to time would be more than enough in my opinion.

There is no reason to go crazy and pay for HubSpot, Clickfunnels and all other stuff when you're just trying to market in your local area with 50k population.

If someone doesn't agree, let me know your opinions.