Who Does E-Mail Marketing?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
We've been doing e-mail marketing for about three years. We recently expanded our e-mail marketing to e-mail direct communication. That seems to be a hit with our Property Managers.

For E-mail direct marketing we send out Flash Sell Alerts that can be found on our web site or Facebook page. This drives traffic to both areas. All the e-mails we have on file 700+ were from past clients. Some are repeat and some we haven't heard from again, however they haven't opted out of receiving the e-mail.

We like using Constant Contact because it keeps us updated on who is opening the files, what e-mails are bad, and who requested not to receive e-mails from us anymore.

We then take that information and use it for our postcards. Most likely to hear from, likely, and not likely. This doesn't include reminder postcards. I've learned that following up the e-mail with a postcard that reminds them of the e-mail works great too.

E-mail in general is just a great form of communication to potential clients and past clients.

We also use e-mail as a backup service when we receive an estimate request from our web site. We always call but sometimes people aren't able to answer the phone for whatever reason. I'll leave a message and say in my message, "I see you also provided your e-mail I will follow up this call with an e-mail."

Commercial companies love it because they feel they have a direct link to me. One of our property managers sends me an e-mail directly on the days he needs cleaning and the beauty of e-mail it goes straight to my phone. I can reply right back after I view our Calendar with times and days that he can pick.

Apr 6, 2013
Montana
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Dragomir Tonchev
Business Location
United States
I would use my or someone else's sense of humor. People are bored of commercial's boring e-mails. If u are able to make them smile while they are reading your e-mails, they will be waiting for your e-mails and will keep reading while you'r promoting your services. IMO that's another way to diversify your self from the competition. - Keep the customers happy - Anyhow, and they will love you for that.

Just my 2 cents

Sep 9, 2013
I would ALSO love to hear ideas on how to get client's e-mail addresses. I can seem to get everything BUT that. Some have said that when they ask why you want it, you should say that you want to send them a PDF on how to prepare for our visit, maybe a profile of who will be coming out, etc.

www.YourSurfaceExperts.com

May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I would ALSO love to hear ideas on how to get client's e-mail addresses. I can seem to get everything BUT that. Some have said that when they ask why you want it, you should say that you want to send them a PDF on how to prepare for our visit, maybe a profile of who will be coming out, etc.

Just plug it into your normal set of questions, phone number, email, address, etc.

Don't take a breathe or bring special attention to it.

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
Just plug it into your normal set of questions, phone number, email, address, etc.

Don't take a breathe or bring special attention to it.
I agree. In addition, any time you "smoothly" ask for their email the question should also include the reason WHY you are asking for it. For example, AFTER booking the job on the phone simply say...

"By the way, Mrs. Jones, I'd like to get you a checklist of how to get your home ready for us tomorrow. What is the best email address to send the checklist to?" Done! Once you give people what Chuck Violand calls a Valid Business Reason for asking 95% will immediately comply.

Steve Toburen
SFS.JonDon.com

PS Explaining you would like to email them a short bio and photo of the employee(s) you are sending over is another great reason to capture their email. But of course that would mean you must actually have Employee Profiles on your web site of each employee. HERE is how you do this.

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States

Ask for it...

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app because I have nothing better to do than post on TMF!!!

Nov 24, 2013
Real Name
Jesse Stafford
We have employed a simple survey we use at the end of each job or when a customer picks up a rug. This survey asks several "Happy questions" and ensure they are madly in love with their service, then as a last step is asks "Do you already receive emails from us?" they say 'Yes' we say, "Great, thanks for letting us keep in touch.". If they say "No", we ask "Would you like to receive them? You can always opt out at any time.", my guys have about 90% success rate capturing emails since we added this to our end of job survey. We've grown our list from 15 to over 300 this year alone. That list provides us with a weekly contact with our customers, though we have taken a more guerrilla approach to keeping in touch where we harness the power of our blog, facebook and what people are thinking about at the time, rarely do we share cleaning topics, unless they are relevant.

TRUE STORY! The most profitable email ever sent was 'Sorry, our phones are broken'.

Our phones had been dead all day and finally a customer emailed and said "Hey your phones aren't working". So we got the phones fixed AND sent an email to our list, we booked 5 jobs that afternoon. HAHA! WOW. GET THE EMAILS PEOPLE!

Steve Samoska

Jul 8, 2011
A, A
1chicagocarpetcleaner.com
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States

I use Google calendar and make all my customers give me there emails to verify appointment and also if anything ever changes you have right on your phone or whatever you use to reset new date and Google sends a update. Also I have found older people might not have a email so I don't bug them or hold against them just schedule them. But you would be surprised this year I had only 2 people that did not give email. I always let them know this is my scheduling process.

Infamousdave

Nov 2, 2010
Minnesota
Real Name
David Watkins
Business Location
United States
You can also capture email addresses from your website by inserting a web form and offering something in return for their email address. This way you get something out of the traffic that is bailing from your website. You can use Aweber to keep the list and stay in front of those customers who visited your site once, all year long.

Mar 3, 2014
Montrose, Colorado
www.royalhelpme.com
Real Name
Patrick McAnulla
MSS, I am getting ready to build a CS database for this business I recently started managing. Do you ever outright call your clients and ask if they would like to receive an email Newsletter and monthly specials? Just curious. I have several thousand clients that I will have to go through the files and do data entry + cold calls but feel it will be well worth the effort and time. Most all their clients thus far have been just Restorations and very little has been done in the customer retention area of carpet cleaning, etc....

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
A cbs TV affiliate company offered to sell me email marketing services. The emails come from 3rd party companies who sell the email list to them. So they offer marketing sending my information, an offer I suppose, to thousands who fit a certain demographic I want to target. .03 per email, not sure if that is a clicked through one or if that is charged to the initial total thousands. Seems spammy to me.

Steve Samoska

Jul 8, 2011
A, A
1chicagocarpetcleaner.com
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States

Tell them you need there email to add them to your schedule and will send you a confirmation of your appoinment

Apr 24, 2017
Real Name
Lincoln Boland
I am curious to know that from where you get email list of potential customers because on subscription basis it's hard to get them on board.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
I am curious to know that from where you get email list of potential customers because on subscription basis it's hard to get them on board.
We had a sign up area on our website that offered a chance to win a Free Shark Vacuum when they submitted their e-mail addresses. We also collected e-mail addresses from clients and potential clients when they called.