Who belongs to BNI | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Who belongs to BNI

E

ericthered

I belong to one for the past 6 months. It's worth it, and I can see the upside potential. I'm starting to enjoy going now, now that I'm getting to know people/customers.

Billy

User
Jun 19, 2008
Real Name
Please Remove
Business Location
United States
What is BNI .. ???
I figure you was being sarcastic John but just incase:

Business Networking International is a Organized Networking Group in which you meet at a specified time weekly & everyone does a 1 minute elevator speech in hopes of everyone referring each other.

I have been in one that the franchise owner was letting one member that was also a paid director over other groups run over everyone in the group I was part of. This made my experience & opinion of BNI very bad.

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
I figure you was being sarcastic John but just incase:

Business Networking International is a Organized Networking Group in which you meet at a specified time weekly & everyone does a 1 minute elevator speech in hopes of everyone referring each other.

I have been in one that the franchise owner was letting one member that was also a paid director over other groups run over everyone in the group I was part of. This made my experience & opinion of BNI very bad.
I went to one meeting and didn't see it as a good marketing tool.

bworthmore

Aug 11, 2010
Real Name
loren blackburn
Business Location
United States
Over 20,000.00 in the last 8 months, just from BNI!! It is a no brainer for my business!

carpetman1000

Sep 10, 2012
Real Name
james stuble
I started with a small chapter and lost out on BNI. I liked the concept, but it didn't work for me or anyone else in the chapter except the restoration guy and the plumber which sadly was killed in a single engine plane crash with his wife in the Bahamas 6 days ago. Sad. He was the chapter president and good dude. Him and the flood restoration guy werw the only one in our chapter who made money from our chapter.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Been in two BNI groups over the years. Got a few leads at first but since my prices are cost prohibitive for some, it wasn't a good fit for the 'upstarts' who were in those groups. Its a bit disheartening scheduling a luncheon with another member and watch them get out of a 'beater' Ford Tempo. :(