Who are the best independent truck mount makers?

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I've been looking at Reliabuilt for sometime now. It looks like a solid machine!
I've been looking at Judson and some others as well. I had a few conversations with Kacy and decided on Relia- built. Been running his 23/47 for about 2 weeks, it's too soon to sing accolades before first oil change, but TM does, what is suppose to do. I got instructional video with it. In about 20 minutes of time, you'll understand concept of the built and get ready to deal with any challanges, unless you have service shop cllose by and want to support them.. Modell I have entails adjustable belt for pump and coupler drive for a blower. Actuator motor enables you to easily replace coupler, when needed.
I was going for 35/57 model, The Contender, but I did realize soon enough hat it would be too much power . So far, I wasn't able to run it at full throttle, my wand is locking down at 200'. I would like to share some more info after 500 hours...
The " Boss", lint filter is awesome. There is no comparison wit a Hydro force or Mytee Lint hog. I have 4 of these. There is the only one , The Boss !!!

Attachments

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
I've been looking at Judson and some others as well. I had a few conversations with Kacy and decided on Relia- built. Been running his 23/47 for about 2 weeks, it's too soon to sing accolades before first oil change, but TM does, what is suppose to do. I got instructional video with it. In about 20 minutes of time, you'll understand concept of the built and get ready to deal with any challanges, unless you have service shop cllose by and want to support them.. Modell I have entails adjustable belt for pump and coupler drive for a blower. Actuator motor enables you to easily replace coupler, when needed.
I was going for 35/57 model, The Contender, but I did realize soon enough hat it would be too much power . So far, I wasn't able to run it at full throttle, my wand is locking down at 200'. I would like to share some more info after 500 hours...
The " Boss", lint filter is awesome. There is no comparison wit a Hydro force or Mytee Lint hog. I have 4 of these. There is the only one , The Boss !!!
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. How's is the heat? How long are your average hose runs? Do you mind asking what you paid? I talked to him in the phone a few years back and he seemed like a very good guy.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Who sells that filter? How much is it? What is it made out of? And can you get it with two 2" ports on both ends of the filter? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Sorry for exposing you to less than mediocre writing. As I checked my post again, I couldn't fully understand myself.
I wasn't delirious or otherwise impaired, just my LG G4 is giving up on me and that was it. My apologies.....

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. How's is the heat? How long are your average hose runs? Do you mind asking what you paid? I talked to him in the phone a few years back and he seemed like a very good guy.
My heat is coming from my LG 3HT high pressure, but TM has a preheat element, feeding off of exhaust system, so it saves some propane. As far as a hose run, I average 150' , only twice a month runs are exactly 230' long. Unit has a water pump clutch in case of water extraction only jobs. Would be pointless to disclose $$, since this was custom made unit, I brought some ideas and Kacy made it happened. You have to talk to him, it's my understanding that no unit is built the same . Kacy is the man of great patience and focus. I know, he's been busy, so anyone thinking spring.....
I'll vouch for no one until I get at least 500 hours on unit. All of the components have yet to withstand test of time, temperatures and vibrations. Minuscule items, such as wiring disconnects, can cause major problems. So, 463 hours to an official statement....

Reactions: Swani21

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Who sells that filter? How much is it? What is it made out of? And can you get it with two 2" ports on both ends of the filter? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.
Johnny, I'll answer questions for you any time, even if you wake me up at 1 am. It came with my unit, so for pricing you have to call Kacy at Relia-built, Grand Junctions, CO. It is made from SS, as far as I know . I believe that you can have dual ports on both sides per request. The one I posted has 2.5" on unit side and dual 2" ports.. I've added tape measure in the photo on purpose for everyone to see. The diameter of the filter is whopping 25"(OD). I didn't weigh it yet, I'm thinking 6-8lbs, don't take my word for it. I capped one port. I'm using both, Cuff- Lynx and Flash cuffs, perfect fit, no air leak...

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Johnny, I'll answer questions for you any time, even if you wake me up at 1 am. It came with my unit, so for pricing you have to call Kacy at Relia-built, Grand Junctions, CO. It is made from SS, as far as I know . I believe that you can have dual ports on both sides per request. The one I posted has 2.5" on unit side and dual 2" ports.. I've added tape measure in the photo on purpose for everyone to see. The diameter of the filter is whopping 25"(OD). I didn't weigh it yet, I'm thinking 6-8lbs, don't take my word for it. I capped one port. I'm using both, Cuff- Lynx and Flash cuffs, perfect fit, no air leak...
Thank you Luck. :)

gasmaster5000

Jun 26, 2010
TX
Real Name
Eric O'Bryan
Business Location
United States
About 20 years ago, we had a WhiteMagic PTO with a massive blower that was an incredible setup...except the heat exchanger. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to have another setup like that with a big diesel burner. Has anybody ever seen a PTO unit running a diesel burner?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Rarely will anyone put a diesel heater on a pto.....
Don't know why....
PTO can cost up to 70k.

That's what I paid for my house 20 years ago
Guess they don't want to spend any more$$$$

Reactions: rob allen

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
About 20 years ago, we had a WhiteMagic PTO with a massive blower that was an incredible setup...except the heat exchanger. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to have another setup like that with a big diesel burner. Has anybody ever seen a PTO unit running a diesel burner?
@SRD has a Hydramaster CDS with a diesel burner for heat.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Yes more guys are using kero heaters in the last 5-10 years

I hear the pro gets worse heat than a hx.. slide in????

But I went know

soyoh

Feb 6, 2017
Real Name
Octavio
I have been running a reliabuilt machine for over 3 years now and for the money it is a great machine. Very easy to fix yourself especially if you are about 4 hours to the closest carpet cleaning repair shop like we are. And most of the parts I can buy locally at industrial hose and fitting and small engine shops. I have been in business for over 10 years now and it was a great choice to buy reliabuilt. I also bought a filter from Kacey for $399 which he builds like mini waste tanks and it is leaps and bounds better than anything else on the market even the devastator which I bought years ago for over $500 but it leaks air and I was always messing with it. Kacey builds quality stuff for reasonable prices I will get many more years out of this truck mount and the filter will probably last forever. I posted some pictures of the filter and basket that it came with very nice quality as you can see in the pictures.View attachment 82146View attachment 82147
Where can I buy one of these??

gasmaster5000

Jun 26, 2010
TX
Real Name
Eric O'Bryan
Business Location
United States
I remember about 25 years ago we were using a Dynachem Cobb unit with a Little Giant. There was no fuel tap, so the truck mount fed off of a six or eight gallon tank inside the van. We had an employee (thank God he was a good friend) filling up the tank at a gas station catch himself on fire and singed his hair pretty good because gas fumes ignited from the pilot light of the Little Giant.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We have I think about 5 yrs on the Relia Built 45.

We also run one of those filters on each truck, hands down best filter in the industry. Air flow is significantly better than the others available. Its aluminum not stainless. His design for sealing the lid is perfect, water tight.

On the 45 blower relia built the vacuum is very strong, hate to say it but quite a bit stronger than the Judson... although the judson has features relia built lacks.

Relia built has no water box, so no chem injection. But it does have a pre heater that gets cold winter water temps up to 130f before entering the little giant so your not demanding nearly as much from the LG. Saves a ton of propane utilizing the exhaust heat.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
We have I think about 5 yrs on the Relia Built 45.

We also run one of those filters on each truck, hands down best filter in the industry. Air flow is significantly better than the others available. Its aluminum not stainless. His design for sealing the lid is perfect, water tight.

On the 45 blower relia built the vacuum is very strong, hate to say it but quite a bit stronger than the Judson... although the judson has features relia built lacks.

Relia built has no water box, so no chem injection. But it does have a pre heater that gets cold winter water temps up to 130f before entering the little giant so your not demanding nearly as much from the LG. Saves a ton of propane utilizing the exhaust heat.
. If you have a Dwyer chem.meter, than 5 gal. container retained an the side is either for rinse or detergent. I do have 2 water boxes, 1 for acid rinse, one for detergent, since the circumstances vary with a plethora of my commercial accounts. I have to agree that blower produces more air flow that I was hoping for( no complaints here, I didn't reach my 300 ' yet)
So, do you have a chemical metering installed on your unit?
You can find mine on the upper left side, next to the preheater ...
Installation of chemical meter shouldn't be a big deal...

Attachments

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Propane is by far the safest fuel to run inside a truck or RV etc.

Its why the entire RV industry uses it
Yes but they all run belly tanks. Also I’ve noticed many are switching over to diesel heat now.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
. If you have a Dwyer chem.meter, than 5 gal. container retained an the side is either for rinse or detergent. I do have 2 water boxes, 1 for acid rinse, one for detergent, since the circumstances vary with a plethora of my commercial accounts. I have to agree that blower produces more air flow that I was hoping for( no complaints here, I didn't reach my 300 ' yet)
So, do you have a chemical metering installed on your unit?
You can find mine on the upper left side, next to the preheater ...
Installation of chemical meter shouldn't be a big deal...
I like it. Would you consider your chem meter up stream or downstream? Have you measured the GPM for accuracy?