Who are the best independent truck mount makers?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Masterblend
Judson
Reliabuilt
TCS

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I used Judson for several years and know the TCS machines. Reliable and good service. I am not sure what your definition of independent is, but Butler also makes a very reliable machine, that is easy to service and they support you.

The smaller manufacturers often have only one or a few authorized service centers. This can make it hard to have a machine serviced, especially for warranty issues. That is a benefit of the national organizations that have many service outlets. If you choose one of the smaller manufacturers, consider if the service is available near you. Some of these companies have great service but only in a limited area.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Chemtex seems to be a cheap low end price with value .. HX
Fuel burners those above mentioned .
Cheap is never the best choice .

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

My little unit is not too shabby.

TWalters

Jun 22, 2018
Real Name
Tristen Walters
TCS has been great to me so far. Kind of hard when they only have 2 locations though. But anytime I’ve needed anything at all, I’ve been able to call and they always walk me through whatever I need. Very simple machines that are easy to work on too.

Jan 9, 2012
Idaho
www.idahofallscarpetcleaners.com
Real Name
Patrick Ianuzi
Business Location
United States
I have been running a reliabuilt machine for over 3 years now and for the money it is a great machine. Very easy to fix yourself especially if you are about 4 hours to the closest carpet cleaning repair shop like we are. And most of the parts I can buy locally at industrial hose and fitting and small engine shops. I have been in business for over 10 years now and it was a great choice to buy reliabuilt. I also bought a filter from Kacey for $399 which he builds like mini waste tanks and it is leaps and bounds better than anything else on the market even the devastator which I bought years ago for over $500 but it leaks air and I was always messing with it. Kacey builds quality stuff for reasonable prices I will get many more years out of this truck mount and the filter will probably last forever. I posted some pictures of the filter and basket that it came with very nice quality as you can see in the pictures.
IMAG1505.jpg
IMAG1506.jpg

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
any TM you buy has to be relatively easy to service....

big 3:
more expensive
more difficult to work on!!!!!
even if you buy the big 3 and have a distributer warranty it can still take many days or more to get it serviced.....

direct drive(butler): few in my area know how to work on these!!!!

if you buy from independent:
- can talk to inventor personally....
fuel heat less complicated than HX......
some of the manufacturers are ex-carpet cleaners.....

Prices of TM have almost doubled in the last 10 years.....
at least with the big 3....

sad that now we are saying 10-15k is a cheap unit......

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
is les judson still making tm ...
hardly hear anything from them anymore????

Yes sir! I'm actually thinking about selling my back up TM and getting a Judson.

Jun 26, 2010
TX
Real Name
Eric O'Bryan
Business Location
United States
Masterblend does make a good unit, and I believe the guys that designed it were ex Steamway guys. You can’t beat the heat on these things. We’ve used all kinds of heat exchanger units from Whitemagic, the Dynachem from Cobbs, various propane fired units from PCS...and nothing compares. It will spoil you. I firmly believe the guy over at Amtex was on to something really good. I liked the way you could slide the engine forward to replace the joy coupler. Very beautiful set up too. Too bad all those problems arose...

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i will make a projection!!!!!

that the small independent TM makers will take a larger and larger market share of the TM business in the next 5-10 years...

for various reasons....that many can list.....

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
i will make a projection!!!!!

that the small independent TM makers will take a larger and larger market share of the TM business in the next 5-10 years...

for various reasons....that many can list.....
I know I am coming with a vengeance in next 5 years!