White Magic 1200HP shutting down/overheating | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

White Magic 1200HP shutting down/overheating

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
One question is the van temperature Guage or light showing hot. If not the van /engine is ok.
Are you using a fresh water tank or hose to the house. Check your water flow to the unit filters and screens

Reactions: rob allen
Sep 4, 2010
Real Name
Keith Miller
Business Location
United States
I'm using a freshwater tank. The van temperature seems to be okay stays steady at 210.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Been awhile since I worked on a butler unit. But if it's there pull the window shade schematics down look at the wiring see if you have a high temp sensor if so it sounds like the unit is overheating and that dang sensor is working (lol) and is disengaging the clutch. Safety feature. Then look at the water flow diagram check all the water flows. Check the temperature gauge on the console if it works is it over 220 -230 degrees it could be the sensor bad. You can disconnect the wire to the sensor if it's not overheating and see if it stays running if it does then refer back to the chart for the part # call butler and order the parts.
Sorry tell you if you didn't know where the chart is it should be right above the side door in front of the unit. Most people that haven't worked on a butler wouldn't know where to find it.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Sorry I just realized that I posted the info on a butler and you have a WM but the same info applies but the schematics are in your manual if you have it. Again sorry for the mix up.

Sep 4, 2010
Real Name
Keith Miller
Business Location
United States
Update: forgot that I failed to update this...
It ended up being a little sprayer in the back of the unit which sprays water on the blower to cool it off when it hits a certain temp. It was clocked and just needed to be cleaned out. I have since added it to my maintenance program and we are good to go. Thank you to everyone who posted in an effort to help. It was greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TMF Forums mobile app

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Update: forgot that I failed to update this...
It ended up being a little sprayer in the back of the unit which sprays water on the blower to cool it off when it hits a certain temp. It was clocked and just needed to be cleaned out. I have since added it to my maintenance program and we are good to go. Thank you to everyone who posted in an effort to help. It was greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TMF Forums mobile app
Sweet. And you didn't tell us you had the HV model.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: idahocarpetcare