White carpet yellowed | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

White carpet yellowed

tony20110

Sep 12, 2013
Real Name
Anthony Anzelone
There is a white Carpet with a yellow area. I believe it is from the backing of a throw rug but not sure. I have cleaned the area twice and both times comes out perfectly white. After drying it is yellow again. Thoughts?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Dry it downside.
If it has a cotton backing its wicking the latex, in other words its suffering latex deterioration

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Dry it downside.
If it has a cotton backing its wicking the latex, in other words its suffering latex deterioration
Think hes talking about the oil residue from the back of a rug. Transferred to the face of the installed carpet below.

chicagoside

Jun 22, 2016
Real Name
Ikram
Im not expert like most of the gents on here, iv little over 5 years of experience cleaning carpets.
I will write my input.
Iv came across similar situation, i had to go twice to fix the similar problem. It was beige berber and had same problem.
It cleaned out well just with water, without using any chems. I tried dabbing white cotton towel on the treated spot to check if it wick on towel, result was negative. I then use hair dryer, sat there almost 35-40 minutes to dry the spot. Told customer to call us if it comes back, and never got call.

Reactions: tony20110