Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
First thought is these guys are doing some great visual work. Bring the brands to life.

Second thought is can a guy like me just starting out afford this.......How much to create a brand?

Better question: What is a brand?

As far as I can see at this point it is: a logo, a color scheme, a punch line or tag line, and overall feel with use of graphics, characters, and design.

Im just spitballing here...

Starting out I have a van with a partial wrap that looks good but I think I still have yet to develop an overall brand.
Its expensive, and @OneBlueSummer has given you some good advise. Me and @Johnny Bravo have been at this for a long while and have built our businesses up.

I rebranded this year as I am getting all my ducks in a row to expand my business in a massive way. Design work alone for pros rebranding will run you 6-12K dollars depending on what all services you need. I then had to wrap 3 vans and a trailer as well as new uniforms for crew. New work orders as well as all printed material including business cards for all employees etc, had to be updated with the new branding( thousands and thousands of dollars later).............However at the end you own the brand and you get it Trademarked as well as your name copyrighted (another 3-4K dollars for both with a lawyer.)

I would say what I have done is not necessary for a owner operator or even someone who was just interested in a small 4 or less truck operation. You can get away with a more local feeling brand and branding efforts. Spending the money on pros branding may not be worth it as you do not need to rely as heavily on branding and the benefits it brings when you are a local company in mid or smaller size markets. If you are in a larger market then perhaps a local designer could help you pep up your current image without spending a whole lot of money.

Just some thoughts.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
carpet cleaning is old school now johnny, I will have on my 'carpet care'

That's funny because all my business names in the past were Agoura Carpet Care, Scrub 'N' Steam Carpet Care and now it's Johnny On The Spot Carpet Cleaning. I started Johnny On The Spot Carpet Cleaning in 2011. I figured with Google and all Carpet Cleaning would be searched for more then Carpet Care. But then as I've said before I'm a technological idiot so maybe I was wrong. But that's why I'm carpet cleaning instead of carpet care now days.

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
That's funny because all my business names in the past were Agoura Carpet Care, Scrub 'N' Steam Carpet Care and now it's Johnny On The Spot Carpet Cleaning. I started Johnny On The Spot Carpet Cleaning in 2011. I figured with Google and all Carpet Cleaning would be searched for more then Carpet Care. But then as I've said before I'm a technological idiot so maybe I was wrong. But that's why I'm carpet cleaning instead of carpet care now days.
Your not a technological idiot bro, you are actually absolutely correct in that move you made. Exact match KW in the biz name is still huge and probably always will be

• Wow
Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Your not a technological idiot bro, you are actually absolutely correct in that move you made. Exact match KW in the biz name is still huge and probably always will be

:) Well even a broken clock is right twice a day. :) Thanks! Glad to hear I did something right once.

• Haha
Reactions: Fedri

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Its expensive, and @OneBlueSummer has given you some good advise. Me and @Johnny Bravo have been at this for a long while and have built our businesses up.

I rebranded this year as I am getting all my ducks in a row to expand my business in a massive way. Design work alone for pros rebranding will run you 6-12K dollars depending on what all services you need. I then had to wrap 3 vans and a trailer as well as new uniforms for crew. New work orders as well as all printed material including business cards for all employees etc, had to be updated with the new branding( thousands and thousands of dollars later).............However at the end you own the brand and you get it Trademarked as well as your name copyrighted (another 3-4K dollars for both with a lawyer.)

I would say what I have done is not necessary for a owner operator or even someone who was just interested in a small 4 or less truck operation. You can get away with a more local feeling brand and branding efforts. Spending the money on pros branding may not be worth it as you do not need to rely as heavily on branding and the benefits it brings when you are a local company in mid or smaller size markets. If you are in a larger market then perhaps a local designer could help you pep up your current image without spending a whole lot of money.

Just some thoughts.
curious what your plan is to "expand my business in a massive way "?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Like all things it's a risk. Honestly there is no "great and true" advice about any of this. The more risk you take, the potentially greater the reward and equally potentially greater the downfall.

Something like KickCharge Creative makes you unique, different, and stand out immediately which is becoming more important in today's world.

I'll give you an example though based on my business - I only had enough funds to either do a branding package with KickCharge or start a massive SEO campaign.

After running my own analysis I determined the SEO would be a bigger return on investment and most customers don't particularly care about my van not being wrapped (though I do have a magnet on it for now). Granted I have a Ford E250 high top that is very clean, waxed, shiny, and the inside makes customers eyeballs pop when they see the new Apex 570 sitting there. So they KNOW and more importantly FEEL they have a professional entering their home.

This in turn leads to more referrals, more business, etc...so I'm hoping with the influx of business from my SEO investment to fund my KickCharge investment. This in turn leads to building into a 5 van operation in 3 years is my goal.

Now, if I had built the BRAND first - it's possible that would've made my SEO more impactful down the road. But my MARKET is not competitive on SEO, there literally is only 2 companies I have to compete with and one of those companies doesn't care about keeping return customers. So SEO was the way to go for me.

See how it can be different for everyone?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I've never heard any customer refer to it as Carpet Care
'carpet cleaning' is like any one can do it nothing special, mrs jones had 3 of the 'carpet cleaning' companies in and out with bad experiences on all. 'Carpet Care' is the next thing to try for mrs jones. Got to be different from all the failures.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
'carpet cleaning' is like any one can do it nothing special, mrs jones had 3 of the 'carpet cleaning' companies in and out with bad experiences on all. 'Carpet Care' is the next thing to try for mrs jones. Got to be different from all the failures.

I didn't choose Carpet Cleaning for Mrs. Jones. I chose it for Google and everyone that uses Google.

Reactions: Fedri and Spazznout

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
As a younger man I loved mrs. Homeowner jobs, the older I get the more I love rentals and realtor jobs with only a appointment time of anytime that day, nobody there and nobody gets butthurt when I literally fly through it all while doing a fantastic job without all the fussiness. The repair work is the real money and I don't go through the internet hassles like described above. I do admire you guys that cater to the net and reviews, it's a pile of work to care and feed and y'all really earn your keep staying on it. Cheers to you relentless guys!

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
As a younger man I loved mrs. Homeowner jobs, the older I get the more I love rentals and realtor jobs with only a appointment time of anytime that day, nobody there and nobody gets butthurt when I literally fly through it all while doing a fantastic job without all the fussiness. The repair work is the real money and I don't go through the internet hassles like described above. I do admire you guys that cater to the net and reviews, it's a pile of work to care and feed and y'all really earn your keep staying on it. Cheers to you relentless guys!

Jim, Can you recommend a good carpet repair class or book?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Jim, Can you recommend a good carpet repair class or book?

An IICRC repair and reinstallation course would be a good primer. Then stop by your local carpet retailer for scraps new and used and practice. It's slow going at first, but on easy patches we never really stop stringing hose or cleaning while doing patches simultaneously. The dollars per hour goes up significantly with very little extra time on the job, which is great.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Which Van Wrap Should I Got With? I had Prolific Prints design a new wrap for my work vans. They sent me 3 designs, and I wanted your input as to which one you all think is the better one and why. Thanks, !View attachment 86431View attachment 86432View attachment 86433
John, I think the second one looks the best.

1.) Color distinction front / back is pleasing and balanced.
2.) the phone # in the front should be dark as email
( give the phone # distinction with a backing • I can show an example if it helps.
3.) remove the oval near the tail pipe - looks like a fart - lol.

Beautiful, very pleasing to the female eye ( 90 % of callers ). Very good design • congrats !

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Here's the latest attempt of design for mine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201109-184841_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20201109-184841_Gmail.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 102