Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
"Professional" needs off the logo, makes it look dirty hard to read, messy. Instead put it above the services you offer.
change carpet dying to:
Carpet Repair
change natural stone to:
Pet Accidents

The lighter the background the better off you are, especially in the cleaning industry sooo number 2 is closest to where you need to be.

You need a mascot, one like Rob does is perfect, if people see a set of eye balls they will trust, smile, and call you more often. They also get a since of social proof/kinship.

Most designers/business owners barf on a blank van and then add all that matters. Less is more especially with a busy logo like you have. I would either get rid of back ground color on van, or do a solid background. Do a black stroke/border on your water on the logo. You want them remembering 1 thing, the logo, the rest should just support it and not defract from it.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I discarded number 1 almost instantly. Then I put up number 2 and 3 on my pc and went back and forth between them. For me 3 is the clear winner. The extra darker blue towards the front makes the rest of it stand out better to me. Number 2 isn't bad either so it goes to preference really.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
johnny bravo what did it cost to do. I'm looking at wrapping my van in the next month or two have peel on graphics now
thanks
I had Ryan Kettering design my wrap. https://prolificprints.com
He has a few different packages but I bought the more expensive one for $500.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@Johnny Bravo

You have Carpet cleaning 2x on the van.
Seems redundant and a waste of space as it is making it unnecessarily busy.
I would either remove the carpet cleaning from the bullet points or change your logo to not have Carpet cleaning in it.
Instead use the space for an alternative service.

One thing I did learn when branding my company is that lists on vehicles like that distract from the branding itself and do little to draw business.
Your logo already lets folks know what you do.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
as you can see from the link above, we used to have a list of services on our old vehicle lettering design as well. We are getting nearly 3x the calls from our new wrapped vehicles than we did with our 90's style graphics and lists of services. They have been on the road nearly 5 months now.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
as you can see from the link above, we used to have a list of services on our old vehicle lettering design as well. We are getting nearly 3x the calls from our new wrapped vehicles than we did with our 90's style graphics and lists of services. They have been on the road nearly 5 months now.

Thanks! I didn't catch that. I will have the Carpet CLeaing removed on the list.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Never take shortcuts on branding.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@Johnny Bravo

One last observation.
You need a splash of a bold primary color to draw attention.
Your current design is almost urban Camouflage. It will blend in with the background and not be noticed.

I am not a design expert to tell you where or how, but you need something bright to catch the eye.
Perhaps the word spot in your logo different color.
I dont know.........
Something is missing,
Perhaps like someone else suggested in this thread, a character, brightly colored in place of your list of services????????????

I would get back with your designer........there are missing elements. A wrap should do more than look good to you. In fact, a good brand will probably NOT tick your boxes. Serious, would you ever spend 2,3,400 dollars for a cleaning service if you were not in this industry.........So what we like and looks good is NOT going to be what our customers like and creates an emotional response in our customer. There are specific elements that need to be ticked off. The first is does the wrap create an instant emotional response that is positive and confident building when a customer sees your van on the road or parked in their driveway.

Another element missing is some kind of call to action. The most important point.

You are gonna spend $3k on the wrap.............make sure the design is perfect first. Even if you have to spend a little more getting the design and branding perfect. In fact the branding design is MORE important than the wrap itself..............
You want to be able to use this brand across all mediums, WRap, print, website, uniforms, bizz cards, etc. for the next 10-15 years. Make sure everything is perfect.

Last edited: