Which Van Wrap Should I Go With? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Which Van Wrap Should I Go With?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Which Van Wrap Should I Got With? I had Prolific Prints design a new wrap for my work vans. They sent me 3 designs, and I wanted your input as to which one you all think is the better one and why. Thanks, !
Image 7-27-19 at 8.49 AM.jpg
Image 7-27-19 at 8.49 AM (1).jpg
Image 7-27-19 at 8.50 AM.jpg

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Looks like an advertisement for a Nickelodeon show. ;)

I'd agree, the third one, is carpet Dyeing really so prolific to advertise for it? I'd almost think pet stain and/or natural stone cleaning would be more beneficial.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I like #2 best, the light color at the front "leads into" the logo and makes the darker background with the wording on it really pop. Plus, the wording is short and sweet and much easier to read quickly. The uninterrupted flow of color and images from left to right (which is how we're trained to read in the first place) is pleasing to the eye and leads the viewer to keep going all the way down the van.

Turboman

Sep 28, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Mark Markovic
Business Location
United States
I prefer none. A naked van has lots of advantages.
1. I get lots of work from other cleaners and restoration contractors who don't want my brand and phone on their job. 2. After 35 years of interviewing other carpet cleaning companies, they tell me they got very few calls from the number on their van. In fact, they get tons of extra calls from salesmen and fellow drivers really wanting to talk to me about what I need and how I drive.
3. Some customers told me when I was considering lettering or wrapping my van, they really preferred that their neighbors not know that they were having their carpet cleaned AGAIN! :) 4. When wraps begin to fail they can allow bubbles and huge pockets that can collect moisture under the vinyl causing external rust intrusion to eat the body panels. So save some money and put the ego aside unless you're a fleet sized business that needs branding recognition to conquer and grow the business.

Reactions: john gerding

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
They all look the same except 2 stands out better. Are you using Daniel Martinec the one who designed your logo?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
1. I get lots of work from other cleaners and restoration contractors who don't want my brand and phone on their job. 2. After 35 years of interviewing other carpet cleaning companies, they tell me they got very few calls from the number on their van. In fact, they get tons of extra calls from salesmen and fellow drivers really wanting to talk to me about what I need and how I drive.
3. Some customers told me when I was considering lettering or wrapping my van, they really preferred that their neighbors not know that they were having their carpet cleaned AGAIN! :) 4. When wraps begin to fail they can allow bubbles and huge pockets that can collect moisture under the vinyl causing external rust intrusion to eat the body panels. So save some money and put the ego aside unless you're a fleet sized business that needs branding recognition to conquer and grow the business.
branding makes a big difference imo in what your able to charge, how easily people remember you, plus when your working many homes in a particular area that your targeting online (facebook, google, etc) then your impact is much greater.

I like all of them, but if I had to choose id say #3

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
They all look the same except 2 stands out better. Are you using Daniel Martinec the one who designed your logo?

I don't recall who did my logo design. But it was a guy here on TMF. He did it for free too.

For the wrap I had Ryan Kettering do the design.

What is/was Daniel Martinec's TMF name?

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

I've gotten too many jobs off my wrap to not have one. Ego has nothing to do with it. Matter fo fact my main van has the wrap of another carpet cleaner on it. It's just gotten so crappy looking I need to fix it.

Personally I prefer to have no wrap either. I get into too many road rage situations. But business wise it's a big help. I don't do sub contract work for there cleaners either.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
#2 gets my vote

BTW we are in the process of doing my van as well, we ordered the decals and have been putting them on ourselves after work when we have time and it is not 100 out. Running around daily doing jobs without advertising on your van can lead to many missed opportunities.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I don't recall who did my logo design. But it was a guy here on TMF. He did it for free too.

For the wrap I had Ryan Kettering do the design.

What is/was Daniel Martinec's TMF name?
I know y’all get offended if I mention any constructive criticism but I still do. He should provide 3 “different looking” wraps. They all look the same. Daniel is the one who made all our chemical labels, TMF, tmfshop.net and Drynclean logos and all our wraps.

Even Ryan will tell you he has extraordinary talent that can’t be duplicated by subbed out or offshore graphic design. Just saying. Daniels latest design he did for our new Encap with Unchained, Kick Acid and Reefer Rid. Daniel is a true and rare artist.