Which vacuum cleaner is better, one with bag or a bagless one?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I believe CRI standards indicate you need to use a bag vacuum cleaner, preferably HEPA to catch all the small micron size particles that escape from the bagless ones.

Allows you to market yourself as better for people with allergies =) Customers do care about things like that.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I believe CRI standards indicate you need to use a bag vacuum cleaner, preferably HEPA to catch all the small micron size particles that escape from the bagless ones.

Allows you to market yourself as better for people with allergies =) Customers do care about things like that.

They also rated a Rug Dr as platinum status above most truckmounts. Just saying.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Filter Queen 1978 model still working very good.

The batting is collecting carbon dust from the motor brushes.
But the guy doing the review / repair does not realize that and likes to talk bad about the filter queen.

I never had the cervice tool holder break off.

The power head is self adjusting on all floor types. Very good tools

Filter Queen M360 majestic taken apart and cleaned.

He has 3 or 4 Rug Doctors he rents out. And probably talks good about them lol

Last edited:

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
They also rated a Rug Dr as platinum status above most truckmounts. Just saying.

Very true, though the study done was before they started playing such shenanigans....and they don't have any controlling interest in vacuum companies =) It also makes logical sense, we've all seen the dust come flying out of bagless vacuums. No such problem with the bag ones.

Reactions: Fedri

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Very true, though the study done was before they started playing such shenanigans....and they don't have any controlling interest in vacuum companies =) It also makes logical sense, we've all seen the dust come flying out of bagless vacuums. No such problem with the bag ones.
Kirby Royal sanitaire Just make it easy on yourself it works

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I always loved bag-less because you can see what is being extracted, but am getting frustrated with how fast their performance drops as their filters quickly get clogged, no matter how "cleanable" they claim the filters are, they just don't seem to last as long as I need them to.

I'm getting tired of dusty canisters and clogged filters.

Maybe it's the amount of sh!tholes I do.

I'm to the point where I just buy a new one every couple of months.

I remember using big bagged units as a kid, and how much crap those bags held while maintain their suck.

I'm about to try a good bagged unit since the primary filter mechanism is integrated into the bags themselves and the process of changing the bag is ALSO changing to a new primary filter.
This one is up for grab. 99.97 %. Doble filtration, Hepa filter. It's a Nilfisk with a fancy name and 4 gal bag. Has a outlet for Power beater bar. Motor -1.4 hp .vBrand new, no accessories, though. Cool concept, quiet 53 db.

Attachments

• 20180812_160830.jpg
    20180812_160830.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 20180812_161404.jpg
    20180812_161404.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 246

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
I think that attachment would be handy Jim, but you have to run the TM to use it...I like to vacuum, pre-spray, and set up before I turn the machine on.
No hoses in the way, not extra fuel spent, etceteria.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Bigpapa, I vacuum with my portable on every residential job. I'm removing so much more dry soil than the best corded vacuum, the carpet changes colors on bad ones. With the portable outside, zero hepa needed and both vacs on at 100' I use waaay less water once I do start to clean. Just a simpler approach to the same end though.

20180813_181327.jpg

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Bigpapa, I vacuum with my portable on every residential job. I'm removing so much more dry soil than the best corded vacuum, the carpet changes colors on bad ones. With the portable outside, zero hepa needed and both vacs on at 100' I use waaay less water once I do start to clean. Just a simpler approach to the same end though.

View attachment 79339
How do you stop your vacs from sucking in all the particles while dry bruh?

Reactions: goomer

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
@BigPapa it's a 2 cord portable

@OneBlueSummer I have an extremely efficient filter inside the tank, but prevacuum with 2 gallons of water in the tank. Like A Rainbow Vacuum the standing water is an incredible filter itself.

Kevidence

Aug 18, 2018
Real Name
Kevin
Honestly for the price of a Dyson, you could get commercial grade products that wont ever let you down. I've been in healthcare facilities for 12 plus years and Clarke and Windsor vacuums are AMAZING! As far as bag vs bagless, I like bag less so I can see what I'm getting from carpets to hardwoods. My wife made us put a shark on our wedding registry and its been nothing but a pain. Feels like it has no suction and fills up quick. Also, If I can recall, I cant remember seeing any baglees vacs that had hepa filters on them which is a huge plus in my book. I used to clean with my uncle and one small office building insisted we use their vacuum, it was a very old Kirby, and it weighed a ton, but the suction on it was like nothing i've ever seen. The carpeting in a few rooms was old and if you got to close to the corners it would suck the carpet off the tack strip. I have personally never used a new kirby but if that 30 year old kirby did that, then I cant imagine what the new and improved ones are like.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I bought it brand new at Cleansource in Charlotte, NC. Amy (Mama Fen here) can ship it to you, it's two 2" sections that firmly slide together exactly the same fit and finish as wand pipe and only requires a $5 fitting to connect to the Turbocat. The Turbocat is bullet proof if you don't over rev it. ~$80 before shipping

56715.jpeg

This is the rubber fitting needed.

Reactions: Allred