Which unit to buy? Would welcome your advice. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Which unit to buy? Would welcome your advice.

Matt1919

Aug 8, 2019
Real Name
Matt Anderson
I am looking at getting a portable carpet cleaning machine. I was originally looking at the Nautilus MX3-500H machine and then I ran across some forum posts that said they had a bunch of issues with their Nautilus (different model) and would buy something different in the future. The sales guy at the local shop was talking Nautilus up and I had not done any research prior to this. Another post I read said buy a machine with the most amount of suction and then get external heater. After reading the eternal heater post I was going to skip the MX3-500H machine and look at one of the Nautilus extreme machines. Ideally, I'd like to be able to clean tile too which seems to be a problem with Nautilus since it appears to be a balancing act with electricity draw. Nautilus has 1,200 psi machine but then you sacrifice heat and suction. I called some sale shops I found online and got third option since I told the guy that I have a Landa pressure washer with diesel water heater (model MHC4-35324E). This sale guy suggested 7303LX Air Hog™ Vacuum Booster and I could use my current pressure washer since I had it and it would cover the (heat and pressure piece) then I would just need to buy the extractor component and carpet cleaning tool and therein the Air Hog solution. I am leaning this way presently because the cost of the extractor is $1,650 verse ~$3,500/$4,000. I will need carpet cleaning wand too.

When I told the original sales guy what my new plan was he thought there were to many parts and that I was going to have problems. While I liked the local sales guy I am getting the feeling he is just trying to get a sale now verses doing what is truly best for me. I am fine spending extra money to get quality tools if I need to but I also don’t need to throw money down the drain if another option is great solution as well. I am looking for unbiased view points since I don’t know a ton about the carpet industry. The online guy said the Air Hog has LX motor and will compete with many truck mounted systems.

Here is direct quote from the local sales guy.

“So that is a Mytee. I am a distributor of those but we have had many issues with build quality. Seems like a lot of electrical/circuit problems. That’s why we don’t stock them but I can get them if you need. Again, multiple machines will be cumbersome and time consuming but do as you see right for yourself. Thanks.”

Questions

• Do you own or have experience with 7303LX Air Hog™ Vacuum Booster?
  • Do any of you know of quality control issues that the local sales guy mentioned?
  • What are your thoughts on the 7303LX Air Hog™ Vacuum Booster?
  • What wand would you go with?
  • Do you like/find value the 12” Rotovac Bonzer High Speed Carpet Cleaning unit?
  • Do you like/find value in the 360i Rotovac or XL?
  • Any great classes/certifications you would recommend?
  • How long have you been in the business?
  • Any other feedback or advice you can offer?

Thank you very much!

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I am looking at getting a portable carpet cleaning machine. I was originally looking at the Nautilus MX3-500H machine and then I ran across some forum posts that said they had a bunch of issues with their Nautilus (different model) and would buy something different in the future. The sales guy at the local shop was talking Nautilus up and I had not done any research prior to this. Another post I read said buy a machine with the most amount of suction and then get external heater. After reading the eternal heater post I was going to skip the MX3-500H machine and look at one of the Nautilus extreme machines. Ideally, I'd like to be able to clean tile too which seems to be a problem with Nautilus since it appears to be a balancing act with electricity draw. Nautilus has 1,200 psi machine but then you sacrifice heat and suction. I called some sale shops I found online and got third option since I told the guy that I have a Landa pressure washer with diesel water heater (model MHC4-35324E). This sale guy suggested 7303LX Air Hog™ Vacuum Booster and I could use my current pressure washer since I had it and it would cover the (heat and pressure piece) then I would just need to buy the extractor component and carpet cleaning tool and therein the Air Hog solution. I am leaning this way presently because the cost of the extractor is $1,650 verse ~$3,500/$4,000. I will need carpet cleaning wand too.

When I told the original sales guy what my new plan was he thought there were to many parts and that I was going to have problems. While I liked the local sales guy I am getting the feeling he is just trying to get a sale now verses doing what is truly best for me. I am fine spending extra money to get quality tools if I need to but I also don’t need to throw money down the drain if another option is great solution as well. I am looking for unbiased view points since I don’t know a ton about the carpet industry. The online guy said the Air Hog has LX motor and will compete with many truck mounted systems.

“So that is a Mytee. I am a distributor of those but we have had many issues with build quality. Seems like a lot of electrical/circuit problems. That’s why we don’t stock them but I can get them if you need. Again, multiple machines will be cumbersome and time consuming but do as you see right for yourself. Thanks.”

Questions

• Do any of you know of quality control issues that the local sales guy mentioned?
  • Do you like/find value the 12” Rotovac Bonzer High Speed Carpet Cleaning unit?

Thank you very much!
Go with the Mytee Air Hog LX. It has a ton of suction. It compares to my Hydramaster CDS. John LaBarbara of Mytee stands behind his machines like no other manufacturer. Get it and you will not be disappointed and your wallet will love you.

• YES
  • MYTEE WILL COVER ANY ISSUES
  • IT'S THE MOST POWERFUL PORTABLE TO DATE I'VE COME ACROSS.
  • MYTEE HAS AN AFFORDABLE AND GREAT BENTLEY SWIVELHEAD WAND I'D RECOMMEND
  • I"D GO WITH THE MYTEE T REX. I HAVE 2 MYSELF

• AGAIN I'D GO WITH THE MYTEE TREX
  • 8 YEARS
    IMG_3243.JPG

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Go with the Mytee Air Hog LX. It has a ton of suction. It compares to my Hydramaster CDS. John LaBarbara of Mytee stands behind his machines like no other manufacturer. Get it and you will not be disappointed and your wallet will love you.

• YES

• 8 YEARS
  • Any other feedback or advice you can offer?View attachment 86663
I just recently bought a Nautilus 1200 PSI for carpet and tile & grout. Can the Mytee Air Hog LX be used with the Nautilus for extra suction power?

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Matt1919

Aug 8, 2019
Real Name
Matt Anderson

• YES

• 8 YEARS
  • Any other feedback or advice you can offer?View attachment 86663
Thank you so much for your feedback Johnny!!! I very much appreciate it!

Matt1919

Aug 8, 2019
Real Name
Matt Anderson
I just recently bought a Nautilus 1200 PSI for carpet and tile & grout. Can the Mytee Air Hog LX be used with the Nautilus for extra suction power?
My understading is yes but don't take my word on it as I am still getting things figured out!

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
  • Love
Reactions: Matt1919

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States

Questions

Thank you very much!
Been operational for 2 months now and this is my first time working in this industry so my experience is short.

But, I started with and still run the air hog lx. I’ve run it at 125’ which is all the hose I’ve got and worked well.

If you have the pressure washer pump and the diesel heater than all you need is the air hog lx for your extractor.

Regarding wands I just stepped up and bought a good wand. Many on here may not like my choice but I’m pretty tall and the guy I bought it from makes them to height.

Anyway for around $600 I feel like I’m driving a Cadillac when I use my wand vs. the wand I bought when I began for $250.

I bought it from wandersproducts.com and so far it has made me very happy. I got the 15” vt wand.

Just some food for thought!! Good luck !!!

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
For cost effectiveness, I'd use the pressure washer on tile and grout. You can leave it set up in a trailer and run the solution hose into the house. The air hog, I've never used it but have also never heard anything bad about it. Mytee reputation seems to go back and fourth. Some stuff they don't do so well (never heard a good thing about their tile and grout tool) some things they do really well, like the air hog. The Nautilus 1200psi would condense the system into one portable package but it's really not that much more convenient. You're looking at a pressure washer that can stay mounted in a trailer, solution hose run, Air Hog that isn't that big, easier to unload and carry inside than a Nautilus, vac hose and wand which you still have to carry in with a nautilus, set up of it all... Actually, that set up might be a little easier to deal with than the nautilus 1200 psi.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I used a Nautilus 1200, the machine worked fine. The auto fill and auto dump feature is a huge help. It had plenty of suction, about 10 inches of lift. Didnt have any issues with it for the year I had it.

• Love
Reactions: Matt1919

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
My understading is yes but don't take my word on it as I am still getting things figured out!
keep researching....

there is some truth in what the distributer said...
as that pressure washer can weigh a lot and take up a lot of room....but it can be used with a air hog or other portable booster........
with some modifications.....

Matt1919

Aug 8, 2019
Real Name
Matt Anderson
Been operational for 2 months now and this is my first time working in this industry so my experience is short.

But, I started with and still run the air hog lx. I’ve run it at 125’ which is all the hose I’ve got and worked well.

If you have the pressure washer pump and the diesel heater than all you need is the air hog lx for your extractor.

Regarding wands I just stepped up and bought a good wand. Many on here may not like my choice but I’m pretty tall and the guy I bought it from makes them to height.

Anyway for around $600 I feel like I’m driving a Cadillac when I use my wand vs. the wand I bought when I began for $250.

I bought it from wandersproducts.com and so far it has made me very happy. I got the 15” vt wand.

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback! I very much appreciate it!

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback! I very much appreciate it! I was not sure if I would get any feedback!

Matt1919

Aug 8, 2019
Real Name
Matt Anderson
For cost effectiveness, I'd use the pressure washer on tile and grout. You can leave it set up in a trailer and run the solution hose into the house. The air hog, I've never used it but have also never heard anything bad about it. Mytee reputation seems to go back and fourth. Some stuff they don't do so well (never heard a good thing about their tile and grout tool) some things they do really well, like the air hog. The Nautilus 1200psi would condense the system into one portable package but it's really not that much more convenient. You're looking at a pressure washer that can stay mounted in a trailer, solution hose run, Air Hog that isn't that big, easier to unload and carry inside than a Nautilus, vac hose and wand which you still have to carry in with a nautilus, set up of it all... Actually, that set up might be a little easier to deal with than the nautilus 1200 psi.
I think you might be right too and the beauty is that I can put more money into a wand verses most of the money going into the machine! I also feel like I am not sacrificing heat or suction or pressure which I feel like I would be with the Nautilus unit. Thank you for taking the time to read and reply. I so appreciate the feedback.I think you might be right too and the beauty is that I can put more money into a wand verses most of the money going into the machine! I also feel like I am not sacrificing heat or suction or pressure which I feel like I would be with the Nautilus unit. Thank you for taking the time to read and reply. I so appreciate the feedback.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Whatever setup you choose, dial in the setup and breakdown for speed. I'm close to equal time for the TM in the driveway at <125' and portable in the kitchen at 60'. I have similar vacuum and flow with less heat ~155° at the wand vs 180° with the TM, but close enough that it's no big deal whichever machine I choose. On pet treatments I prefer to use the vacuum from the portable and the solution line from the truck mount believe it or not. The portable has faster rise times and excellent recovery.