Which Scrubbing Tool for Bathtub, shower, and some tile?

zackw419

Feb 10, 2021
Real Name
Zach Whitfield
Hi All,

I've been doing general routine commercial cleaning for 5 years now. But I've recently added some house cleaning jobs to my schedule.

I'm looking for the best electric scrubbing tool for cleaning standard bathtubs and showers. There are a few options but I'm not sure which is best. Eg.- A drill with a cleaning brush vs. dedicated scrubber etc.

If you can recommend a specific tool- it would be *massively* helpful. I'd like to not spend more than $150 on the tool itself if possible. But feel free to share all and any input.

Thanks!

-----

Also- if you can reccomend some of your favorite chemicals/methods that would also be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

CampusCleaner

Dec 5, 2018
Real Name
Dan Snyder
The drill brush is very helpful. But remember to spray whatever chemical you use and leave it alone for several minutes - that is called dwell time. If you spray and then immediately use that drill brush, you will just be slinging most of that chemical away from where you just sprayed it.

I suggest buying an impact driver instead of a drill because the drill brush has a shank that easily fits into the impact driver.

You don't want the biggest impact driver and the biggest battery. You want the smallest and lightest impact driver with maybe a second battery.

Search Home Depot for "Ryobi PSBID01K" and you'll find an light weight impact driver with 2 batteries and a charger for $129. My local HD has 10 in stock.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
IMG_7136.JPG
IMG_7137.JPG

Get some tile cleaner chemicals ams some of the below brushes

American brush and chems
Dirty grout shark
Dirty grout demon
And a ezi grip pole for the brushes
Mini shark
And raptor
Those brushes out class many powered machines that cost much more $$$$$

Last edited:

scrubb3d_Ed

Mar 22, 2021
Real Name
Ernest Wood
The drill brush is very helpful. But remember to spray whatever chemical you use and leave it alone for several minutes - that is called dwell time. If you spray and then immediately use that drill brush, you will just be slinging most of that chemical away from where you just sprayed it.

I suggest buying an impact driver instead of a drill because the drill brush has a shank that easily fits into the impact driver.

You don't want the biggest impact driver and the biggest battery. You want the smallest and lightest impact driver with maybe a second battery.

Search Home Depot for "Ryobi PSBID01K" and you'll find an light weight impact driver with 2 batteries and a charger for $129. My local HD has 10 in stock.
I don't know man. I actually think that drill could get the job done in a more efficient manner than the impact driver.