Which quick disconnects name brand have been the longest lasting ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Which quick disconnects name brand have been the longest lasting ?

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Seems stainless 2 piece don't connect when hot . Brass for me Foster has been the best . It don't make a difference if they are stainless tipped.
Which has been the best for you ?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The stainless males are fine but always had problems with the females. Our wands just happen to have stainless males and they last forever

But our solution lines have the females from wanders with the cool cover, they are brass and usually outlast the hose.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Seems stainless 2 piece don't connect when hot . Brass for me Foster has been the best . It don't make a difference if they are stainless tipped.
Which has been the best for you ?
Do you lube them with anything?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you are having trouble connecting QC's, typically the locking rib on the male has developed a slight burr. A quick couple spins with an adjustable wrench to eliminate the flare from use immediately fixes that.

20200814_104506.jpg

Most SS females have dual viton o rings. Cobb supply sells them with Teflon o rings is you are a high heat guy, for even more longevity.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
If you are having trouble connecting QC's, typically the locking rib on the male has developed a slight burr. A quick couple spins with an adjustable wrench to eliminate the flare from use immediately fixes that.

View attachment 93231

Most SS females have dual viton o rings. Cobb supply sells them with Teflon o rings is you are a high heat guy, for even more longevity.
This is a great tip, worked perfectly

Reactions: Jim Davisson

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Do you lube them with anything?

Yes I lubricate them with a food grade teflon lubricant found at ACE hardware. Lube withstands high temps 400 degrees I think. Stuff is wondrful, wont hurt rubber and pretty much very safe, Expensive yeah but its worth it IMO. can remember the name but it comes in a small grey tube, they also make a spray and oil.

Reactions: brian3180

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Yes I lubricate them with a food grade teflon lubricant found at ACE hardware. Lube withstands high temps 400 degrees I think. Stuff is wondrful, wont hurt rubber and pretty much very safe, Expensive yeah but its worth it IMO. can remember the name but it comes in a small grey tube, they also make a spray and oil.
I'll look for that. Is it in an aerosol can or dropper type application?

Latest posts