Which portable

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I was in and out of sealed labs for 30 plus years.
Also how you have a lot of experience seeing I'm on the market for a new oscilloscope should I go for a newer Fluke 190-204/AM 4 the cost is very prohibitive I know they work rockin good or would you go for a rigol ds1054z they're both for channel one is handheld one is not. I really don't see the need for handheld for this application

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I don't understand why you and others refuse to post videos.
Like to see a video tour of this "Lab". My time at GM I worked in these "Sealed" labs. These sealed labs were not like testing out in the field which is my preferred way.
I know it takes time but its much simpler than it was 6 years ago when there was a slew of members posting videos of testing.
For example :
How can you call that field testing on a workbench in your shop not hooked to a piece of equipment not hooked to a wand I'm using your logic on your video maybe that's why I want to make sure everything is right before I post a video so people can't take it apart

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Exactly . Test at the machine then at 100' . Sealed or not . I personally want to compare the drop in performance .
Jim
Wish I still had the VIDEO I filmed ATM ,50" 100' and 150 .
8.4s in parallel with and without the downline booster . THEN with the rear booster . Took a few hours but it showed me which was the best setup at 100' plus feet and the quickest setup which was the rear booster and 8.4s.
I would like to see your results with the LX and standard 6.6 in a video as I did above...no lab required.
I agree with you that the higher CFM/lift motor combinations clean best at distance. The 122234-18 trailing the LX has very similar numbers to the 8.4 trailing the LX I tested up to 100', great usable mid-range power. I'm almost done with another scooter that has an onboard exhaust heat exchanger. I'll have some more numbers soon, but so far the finned exchanger and muffler hasn't really hampered cfm's.

My almost year old LX scooter build is retaining it's numbers and has had zero broken parts with heavy daily use.

I have I'm avoiding the poop storm from both sides.
That LX outperforms on left no duh
And the 8.4 s I'll perform on cfm's also no duh
So basically the LX works better when on the carpet but it's slower at clearing the liquid cfm's from the wand and hoes
And the 8.4 is better at clearing liquid from the wand and hose
It's tit for tat

They're both great I would take either of the nature of 8.4 when it comes to balance is more equidistant. When it comes to both performance and longevity the higher RPMs of the 6.6 single stage high amp otherwise known as the LX can cause added brush where bearing fatigue however it is unproven we will see long-term

Also something I haven't touched on yet is though 6.6 is are much louder like three decibels louder. Yes I've tested with a D. b. meter there appears to be a harmonic and balance in the impeller design which is actually very confusing due to the fact they are made by the same manufacturer.
Maybe the 4 I got have a factory in perfection that I haven't spotted yet. They were all from the same run.

I'm also confused why they chose to use a plastic motor cover versus a metal motor cover like what's on the 8.4. the metal will work better towards shedding heat due to the fact that it does not have any insulating quality the external temperature of the 6.6 is much higher is high as 20 degrees Fahrenheit higher. plastic insulates there for keeping the heat in and close to the motor windings itself. Maybe it was a cost consideration

I think people should look at it this way both Lamborghini and caterpillar make 500 horsepower motors which one will last longer.
They have different properties in RPM bands
The slightly higher power consumption and RPM's of the LX will inevitably lead to more heat and the need for better than average cooling.

I am waiting for the Edic 6.6 trailing the LX and the 8.4 high amp single stage leading the 8.4 two stage results. Both if wired right should IMO allow for a high pressure pumptec at 500 psi and operate on two 15 amp circuits with great balance of high cfm's and high lift at 100' distance.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I agree with you that the higher CFM/lift motor combinations clean best at distance. The 122234-18 trailing the LX has very similar numbers to the 8.4 trailing the LX I tested up to 100', great usable mid-range power. I'm almost done with another scooter that has an onboard exhaust heat exchanger. I'll have some more numbers soon, but so far the finned exchanger and muffler hasn't really hampered cfm's.

My almost year old LX scooter build is retaining it's numbers and has had zero broken parts with heavy daily use.

The slightly higher power consumption and RPM's of the LX will inevitably lead to more heat and the need for better than average cooling.

I am waiting for the Edic 6.6 trailing the LX and the 8.4 high amp single stage leading the 8.4 two stage results. Both if wired right should IMO allow for a high pressure pumptec at 500 psi and operate on two 15 amp circuits with great balance of high cfm's and high lift at 100' distance.
I think that 8.4 single-stage high amp is a great motor I'm throwing around the idea of using it on production equipment the numbers are slightly higher then the 6.6 LX but when I mean slightly I mean slightly they are quieter. I have to do testing at distance to see if they hold up.
My favorite motor right now is the 6.6 single stage low amp you can get away with running 4 those bad boys on two outlets and have room for a discharge pump and pump out pump.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
How can you call that field testing on a workbench in your shop not hooked to a piece of equipment not hooked to a wand I'm using your logic on your video maybe that's why I want to make sure everything is right before I post a video so people can't take it apart
Why ? Because this is testing equipment that most of us laborers use and have used for years and years including ED and John..
I am only testing motor specs and they fall within advertised specs.
I ran this LX motor for a short time (50 hours) in the Jaguar out in the field and wasn't impressed with the results especially Lift . Parallel setup with a 8.4.
FYI . I did testing for Ed with the 1st JAG 8.4 and I am on the 3rd set which totals over 5K hours.
LX motors durability is my concern especially in a series configuration. I doubt if anyone ran these for 1000 hours plus as I did with the 8.4s before releasing them to the public.

Will your Lab be certified ? Do you plan offering testing on other products for a Fee? If the answer is no I wouldn't invest in the top of the line equipment and again test out in the field at various lengths and climates. I have seen how lift is affected from barometric pressure , 'bad cuffs etc..
AND film the setups with results.

Last edited:

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Why ? Because this is testing equipment that most of us laborers use and have used for years and years including ED and John..
I am only testing motor specs and they fall within advertised specs.
I ran this LX motor for a short time (50 hours) in the Jaguar out in the field and wasn't impressed with the results especially Lift . Parallel setup with a 8.4.
FYI . I did testing for Ed with the 1st JAG 8.4 and I am on the 3rd set which totals over 5K hours.
LX motors durability is my concern especially in a series configuration. I doubt if anyone ran these for 1000 hours plus before Ed released the Jag 8.4 to the public.

Will your Lab be certified ? Do you plan offering testing on other products for a Fee? If the answer is no I wouldn't invest in the top of the line equipment and again test out in the field at various lengths and climates. I have seen how lift is affected barometric pressure 'bad cuffs etc..
AND film the setups with results.
because I know you work with Ed in the past and I respect you
Therefore I would figure you would have into it put on which oscope you wood prefer I currently use the Hantek HT6022BE20Mhz 6022be and it would be great problematic for field testing seems how it hooks to a laptop

Yes lab certification. And yes we will charge. I have yet to find one based in the cleaning industry other than the CRI.

I have the 71 hours on the LX motors they are worthless in parallel and adequate in series and no they will not last 1,000 hours especially the rear one. It has a terrible waveform past 204 degrees on the b plus there is a bearing in balance that I have detected on a few occasions this is the top bearing near the armaturein layman's turn it spins too fast for its own good

Also I like the Jag because it is such a refined system and is currently my primary way of cleaning I also have to recoil threes in which that I use for testing I also make aluminum boxes for testing as well.

Also I worked in GM not for gm sorry I needed to clarify i work for Davidson engineering group. As a freelance diagnostician solving problems engineers could not in relation to recall. I've been in Ford Chrysler GM and Kia plants. And I am still under gag orders I'm still a higher consultant until my contract is up in 1/7/20.

I am free to speak of certain things that are considered general public knowledge

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
because I know you work with Ed in the past and I respect you
Therefore I would figure you would have into it put on which oscope you wood prefer I currently use the Hantek HT6022BE20Mhz 6022be and it would be great problematic for field testing seems how it hooks to a laptop

Yes lab certification. And yes we will charge. I have yet to find one based in the cleaning industry other than the CRI.

I have the 71 hours on the LX motors they are worthless in parallel and adequate in series and no they will not last 1,000 hours especially the rear one. It has a terrible waveform past 204 degrees on the b plus there is a bearing in balance that I have detected on a few occasions this is the top bearing near the armaturein layman's turn it spins too fast for its own good

Also I like the Jag because it is such a refined system and is currently my primary way of cleaning I also have to recoil threes in which that I use for testing I also make aluminum boxes for testing as well.

Also I worked in GM not for gm sorry I needed to clarify i work for Davidson engineering group. As a freelance diagnostician solving problems engineers could not in relation to recall. I've been in Ford Chrysler GM and Kia plants. And I am still under gag orders I'm still a higher consultant until my contract is up in 1/7/20.

I am free to speak of certain things that are considered general public knowledge
I worked with the engineers and Lab techs testing products / material that was susceptible. I could watch / listen but for the most part ..no touch the expensive gauging in the Lab (s). Gauges on the floor were accessible but not the precision top shelf gauges as was in the secureded labs.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I worked with the engineers and Lab techs testing products / material that was susceptible. I could watch / listen but for the most part ..no touch the expensive gauging in the Lab (s). Gauges on the floor were accessible but not the precision top shelf gauges as was in the secureded labs.
This is going to be painfully expensive for me
But I think it will be worth it long term

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
My headache turned into a migraine now. :)
Yes, but the points on the lxs, plastic housing, expected lastivity of them, make it worth rummaging thru, to me, for me. Glad I got the 8.4's. Doesnt mean I wont mess them up with foam or something. :)

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Has the best suction

I was looking at a u.s products extractor and its around 7k....why is this extractor so special? King cobra

Not sure a portable can live up to these claims?

212 degrees..1200 psi
There is absolutely no reason what so ever to spend 7k on a portable.

Yes the US products portables are good but no way at all are they worth the kind of money they sell for.

Mytee, Nautilus, or a Jag would be hands down a way better choice

I took a number of years off from carpet cleaning but when i got back in 2010
my 1st machine was a Us Products machine i bought new for 5grand
Sold it off 3 months later, not because i had problems with it as it never failed to work properly but it just was not powerful enough unless you used short hose runs like only 25 feet.

I then bought a Mytee M5 and it blew it away to say the least and for half the price.
Kept that M5 for two years trouble free, then when i was ready to get a new one i was looking at others but ultimately decided to stick with what I already new was good and bought the Mytee LTD5
I kept that one for a long time as well as it was a good workhorse and never failed me except for a vac motor switch which is a two minute fix to swap one out

Now i'm on my 3rd new machine and went with the new Mytee Escape with the LX vac motors and couldn't be happier, almost got a year on it so far and no regrets what so ever, it stays in the van and so far i've never had to run over 125 feet and don't see that i will ever have to do longer hose runs then that in my area for what I do so it suits me just fine
However I've put longer hose runs on it at home just to see how far i could push it and still have good suction, i only have 175 feet of hose so i put that on and would be fine using it at that length if i had too then just cut it back as i got closer to the machine.

I can't speak of the Jag or Nautilus as I've never owned one but am sure they'd be a better choice over a US products portable as well and for way less money.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Yes, but the points on the lxs, plastic housing, expected lastivity of them, make it worth rummaging thru, to me, for me. Glad I got the 8.4's. Doesnt mean I wont mess them up with foam or something. :)
If you’re testing 6.6 motors that has plastics you must not be testing LX motors as there is no plastic on the frame of an LX motor.