Yea but your 2000 watt amp is at 20% THD
Yea but your 1000 watt amp uses 18 gauge wire

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
AZ, for me it has absolutely nothing to do with what particular Ametek motor was chosen, but actual power is at the wand does.... Because great results and speed of those results affect my bottom end.
I hear you. But if my corvette is 400 hp at the rear wheels, and yours is 390. Anyone can argue ones got more then the other. But both are pretty darn equal.
I’ve already seen in my rookie year, sopping wet carpets done by “powerful TruckMount” owners.
So like the cars.... give a experienced driver a less powered car, he still can win by driving better. Kinda like a teenager who thinks they are the best driver on the road.
Who’s at the end of the wand matters. I am .01% as experienced as you. But why am I able to get good results at this point already?
I take my time, I actually care, I learn good technique and really my hearts into it. I want every time, every client to get the best I can do. So the guy in my town with the high powered truck mount, who can care less, verses the guy with the ETM who cares, I’ve been clearly winning.
If a 6.6 motor is used or a 8.4 is used who’s using it has a ton more to do with my motor is .10% better then the other Guys.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I have a 2000 watt sub woofer amp.....
I have a 1000 watt sub woofer amp.....
Yea but your 2000 watt amp is at 20% THD
Yea but your 1000 watt amp uses 18 gauge wire
Exactly
What's sad is I have two 12 DDs in our suburban with with 900 watts I hit a 142.4 at slamology I won best under 1000 Watts category lol
To do it I have 0 gauge running to the amp,8 gauge running to the subs
Anybody that here's it swears that I'm running here 15s nope just high-end stuff

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
My 2000 watt peak sub amp is doing 200 watts rms. The other guys 600 watt amp is doing 450 watts rms.
You know what mean. If your using 0 gauge but your alternator is 70 amps....it goes on and on.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
My 2000 watt peak sub amp is doing 200 watts rms. The other guys 600 watt amp is doing 450 watts rms.
You know what mean. If your using 0 gauge but your alternator is 70 amps....it goes on and on.
I have a aftermarket 240 amp mechman alternator and extreme power battery. my amp rated for 900 running RMS at
12 volt watts by Dd but with the truck running it's in 14.8 I'm putting out closer to 1400 Watts RMS and dynamically bursts at close to 2200

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Come on Jim, it’s ok to reveal your a former headbanger lol

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Never underestimate a metalhead... Never!
Nothing better than the guy with the iron maiden t-shirt hanging out with his buddy in the AC DC shirt head banging away to Metallica's puppet Master.
Scaring all the little old ladies and waking up the babies.
that little lady had a flat tire is they'll be the first to stop and help.
And we all grow up to love babies

Reactions: Jim Davisson

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
As the Guns and Roses “Poser” drives by singing along to Welcome to the Jungle. Lol

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Just curious, asked out of respect. Why would you now choose the Jag? I’ve never used a s US Products equipment so am curious.
U.S. Products was sold a while back. Just like the old General floor machine company, they went down hill. Now, I could be wrong, but I doubt that I am....The Jag simply has better capabilities and that's why I would go with that. Plus Ed is more in tune to the needs of professional carpet cleaners as opposed to the newish owners of U.S. Products now. But I have to say my cobras lasted and lasted. Outstanding heat ALL the time too. Just like a Timex, it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
I must clarify a couple of mentions above even though I really did not want to join in on this "situation" out of respect for another.

First, I agree that both the 6.6 and the 8.4 vacuum motors make by Ametek are great motors and always have been. That is the very reason why we have used both for so long for our high performance equipment way before interest surged. These motors are much better than the copies made in Turkey, Italy, China, in our opinion.

One of the most important aspects in developing a "powerful vacuum motor" machine however, is also to seriously consider the Amperage draw for the operator. After all, the operator does not want to trip breakers, run up and down steps, because they would much rather be able to complete the job. Therefore, IMHO, a manufacturer has to be under maximum amps on a 120v circuit taking into consideration other additional operating components within the machine(main pump; pump out; etc). From here, the manufacturer has to concentrate on the operating design which becomes extremely important in minimal loss while maintaining high performance.

Ametek has the most technical testing equipment we have ever seen or witnessed on our visits and I have seen and have been in correspondence on many occasions that the standard 8.4 motors are more without a doubt, more powerful than the standard 6.6 and that is why we moved up to them. However, as we understand through Ametek information/communication the (122628-00/one stage) 6.6 motors mentioned above as special motors draw just under 18 amps and still have less water lift than the standard (two stage) 8.4. The CFM's of those 6.6 are slightly more however, in our opinion not worth the tripping of circuits. Never forget, "Mother-Watts" will only provide so much and that's it. Any motor stronger than a 8.4 has to demand greater amp draw period and will borderline and be susceptible to tripping.

Lastly, the earlier reference to the "Wet-Dry" senerio admittedly was not a good one. The cost difference between the large capacity and the smaller one using the same vac motor naturally does not mean the larger one is stronger more powerful. The cost difference is the tank, casters, and even perhaps the other items included. I doubt the manufacturer was not being honest.

In conclusion, I wish any manufacturer the best and hope they keep building their equipment different than ours because that is ultimately what separates all others and offers greater choices for much greater advantages and truer reasons.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Last edited:

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
I must clarify a couple of mentions above even though I really did not want to join in on this "situation" out of respect for another.

First, I agree that both the 6.6 and the 8.4 vacuum motors make by Ametek are great motors and always have been. That is the very reason why we have used both for so long for our high performance equipment way before interest surged. These motors are much better than the copies made in Turkey, Italy, China, in our opinion.

One of the most important aspects in developing a "powerful vacuum motor" machine however, is also to seriously consider the Amperage draw for the operator. After all, the operator does not want to trip breakers, run up and down steps, because they would much rather be able to complete the job. Therefore, IMHO, a manufacturer has to be under maximum amps on a 120v circuit taking into consideration other additional operating components within the machine(main pump; pump out; etc). From here, the manufacturer has to concentrate on the operating design which becomes extremely important in minimal loss while maintaining high performance.

Ametek has the most technical testing equipment we have ever seen or witnessed on our visits and I have seen and have been in correspondence on many occasions that the standard 8.4 motors are more without a doubt, more powerful than the standard 6.6 and that is why we moved up to them. However, as we understand through Ametek information/communication the (122628-00/one stage) 6.6 motors mentioned above as special motors draw just under 18 amps and still have less water lift than the standard (two stage) 8.4. The CFM's of those 6.6 are slightly more however, in our opinion not worth the tripping of circuits. Never forget, "Mother-Watts" will only provide so much and that's it. Any motor stronger than a 8.4 has to demand greater amp draw period and will borderline and be susceptible to tripping.

Lastly, the earlier reference to the "Wet-Dry" senerio admittedly was not a good one. The cost difference between the large capacity and the smaller one using the same vac motor naturally does not mean the larger one is stronger more powerful. The cost difference is the tank, casters, and even perhaps the other items included. I doubt the manufacturer was not being honest.

In conclusion, I wish any manufacturer the best and hope they keep building their equipment different than ours because that is ultimately what separates all others and offers greater choices for much greater advantages and truer reasons.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.
Lol Ed. LX motors don’t draw 18 amps. In series they Have more water lift and 225-250 CFM over the 8.4s. The balanced combination of water lift and cfm and size is what makes these motors a better choice for extraction equipment. However, manufacturers that can’t get LX motors want to down play their performance. I understand they’re dilemma.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
"However, manufacturers that can’t get LX motors want to down play their performance." ---John L

We, in no way, want you not to use those motors in your equipment. Your company and yourself (as others) has always had your own identity. And, that is what separates all of us; either good, or bad. I suggest you keep doing what you are doing because that may be good for you and/or may also be good for others.
I just wanted to "clarify" a few details.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I still suggest either lab tests, or I get samples of both machines and do a independent test to see which can suck more $ into my wallet from across the room :)

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Lol Ed. LX motors don’t draw 18 amps. In series they Have more water lift and 225-250 CFM over the 8.4s. The balanced combination of water lift and cfm and size is what makes these motors a better choice for extraction equipment. However, manufacturers that can’t get LX motors want to down play their performance. I understand they’re dilemma.
LX Vac Motor 710 AirWatts

Highest Efficiency Vac Motor for Extractors

173 CFM at 2 inch orifice

113" Water Lift Sealed

2" Inlet Tube and Outlet for maximum CFM

LX vac motors are rated for 1500 hours of running times with larger bearing and longer motor brushes.

14 amp current draw, 13 amp ea. for 2 in Series

Inlet hooks to 2"Inlet Hose

LMB5A Vac Motor 148" 8.4" diam. Tangential Discharge, Note - No Thermal Cutout for use in extractors
148" Water Lift, 142 CFM, 673 Air Watts w/new Black Epoxy Fans
The Highest Efficiency Design available for Extractors
Only Draws 12.5 amps in typical extractor
Long Life Brush Design (1500 hours) with Improved Bearing Moisture Protection
Overall Height 7.3" x 9.25" mounting circle
Fits 7.2" Vac motor Bolt Pattern
U.L. Recognized Motor System

Ready
fight to the death

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
LX Vac Motor 710 AirWatts

Highest Efficiency Vac Motor for Extractors

173 CFM at 2 inch orifice

113" Water Lift Sealed

2" Inlet Tube and Outlet for maximum CFM

LX vac motors are rated for 1500 hours of running times with larger bearing and longer motor brushes.

14 amp current draw, 13 amp ea. for 2 in Series

Inlet hooks to 2"Inlet Hose

LMB5A Vac Motor 148" 8.4" diam. Tangential Discharge, Note - No Thermal Cutout for use in extractors
148" Water Lift, 142 CFM, 673 Air Watts w/new Black Epoxy Fans
The Highest Efficiency Design available for Extractors
Only Draws 12.5 amps in typical extractor
Long Life Brush Design (1500 hours) with Improved Bearing Moisture Protection
Overall Height 7.3" x 9.25" mounting circle
Fits 7.2" Vac motor Bolt Pattern
U.L. Recognized Motor System

Ready
fight to the death
Good data. Thank you. Now put the LX in air series and tells us what you get. In addition to size in air series is where this combination shines.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
So would it matter is one was tested at 100 volts the other at 130 volts?
Altitude?
Distance between motors?
Even petty stuff as how many stands of copper are used in the wiring going to the motors?
Type of connectors used.
If the incoming air was hot or it was cold.
How about a spectrum analyzer to test the incoming voltage.
If I was smart I could list stuff that all day....

Seems the question is more of a “whos the greatest”

I would imagine if both companies are successful, both companies know sometimes you win, some days your lose. So who cares to argue, more could be accomplished by encouragement.
If you have your heart into something, have spent decades designing stuff, and your not passionate about it that would be odd.

It sincerely bothers me. Ed builds a awesome machine, and is honest. I personally know John is a man of utmost good moral character and truth. I’m happy men like you both are passionate so little guys like me can simply clean a carpet and know they are doing a good job because of men like you.

Last edited: