Which portable

Royce 22

Nov 19, 2018
Real Name
Roy payne
Has the best suction

I was looking at a u.s products extractor and its around 7k....why is this extractor so special? King cobra

Not sure a portable can live up to these claims?

212 degrees..1200 psi

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I agree I’ve tried the Nautilus yet never owned one, but do own a Jaguar 8.4.
Not sure why he said don’t buy a crb. I’m sure there’s a reason. But till then a crb is one tool I use on every carpet job. I normally always crb in my prespray, & crb after extracting before grooming.
Unless I missed a post someplace, why not post what your planning on doing with your machine and people will help you.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
7k is a lot to pay for a portable unless you really are going to be doing closed door commercial work and thats what the job calls for.

The nautilus look nice.

If you talking your main machine... 7k is almost enough to get a new TM

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I've priced my Mytee Escape , quad 230 V motors with a vacuum reel and solution line reel with a 150' hoses and lines at $2500. Setup is fully functional, I had a few jobs yesterday, but truckmount is being installed today in the van.
Setup is coming with a 13 K Wen generator, Mytee Hot Turbo and 4 jet wand. You'll need at least Chevy Astro to fit everything insise of the van.
If you look for a portable unit, what are deciding factors? Weight, power, size?
When Jeff said, don't get CRB, he was most likely referring to a price sticker. It might get high as 3K, but Oreck Orbiter can cost as low as $200
There are so many companies to consider while shopping for a portable unit. Visit Mytee, U.S. Products, Rotovac and see what's available an than ask members for opinion

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I agree that the Cross America Jag and the Nautilus units have the best suction. But, there are other features you may also want to consider.

The King Cobra does provide 1200 PSI, as do some other portables. Reaching 212 F water temp depends upon the temperature you start with and how much time you allow to get to that temperature. It is also a well built machine. I had machine from that manufacturer in my cleaning days that lasted decades. Quality does cost something.

There is only so much energy available from a wall outlet. Typical portable with heater can increase the temperature somewhere between 18 and 25 degrees. If you restrict the water flow so that you have less water to heat, you can get a temperature rise of 28 to 35 degrees. If the water going in is 180 F, you can then get up to 212 F with limited water flow. Alternately you can have the trigger on less so the water has more time to heat. Or some combination of those actions to lower the flow.

I prefer to use the available power for vacuum which I feel is the most important aspect to look at. You can get heat form other sources such as bucket heater, or other type of add-on heating system.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I've priced my Mytee Escape , quad 230 V motors with a vacuum reel and solution line reel with a 150' hoses and lines at $2500. Setup is fully functional, I had a few jobs yesterday, but truckmount is being installed today in the van.
Setup is coming with a 13 K Wen generator, Mytee Hot Turbo and 4 jet wand. You'll need at least Chevy Astro to fit everything insise of the van.
If you look for a portable unit, what are deciding factors? Weight, power, size?
When Jeff said, don't get CRB, he was most likely referring to a price sticker. It might get high as 3K, but Oreck Orbiter can cost as low as $200
There are so many companies to consider while shopping for a portable unit. Visit Mytee, U.S. Products, Rotovac and see what's available an than ask members for opinion
Are you selling your escape setup?

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Personally I wouldn't buy a US product and I have two (bought used.) They aren't bad machines, but just don't do anything more special than my mytee LTD 3. I own a lot of portables bc I do commercial government high rises (8 portables) and the mytee LTD 3 is my favorite. If your a one person team though the smaller mytee are great too. I forget the name, but it is 500 psi. Maybe called the 2005 or something

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Has the best suction

I was looking at a u.s products extractor and its around 7k....why is this extractor so special? King cobra

Not sure a portable can live up to these claims?

212 degrees..1200 psi
I owned 3 US Products extractors. Best extractors I ever owned.
However if I was starting all over again, I'd buy the Jaguar.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I owned 3 US Products extractors. Best extractors I ever owned.
However if I was starting all over again, I'd buy the Jaguar.
Just curious, asked out of respect. Why would you now choose the Jag? I’ve never used a s US Products equipment so am curious.

Royce 22

Nov 19, 2018
Real Name
Roy payne
I agree that the Cross America Jag and the Nautilus units have the best suction. But, there are other features you may also want to consider.

The King Cobra does provide 1200 PSI, as do some other portables. Reaching 212 F water temp depends upon the temperature you start with and how much time you allow to get to that temperature. It is also a well built machine. I had machine from that manufacturer in my cleaning days that lasted decades. Quality does cost something.

There is only so much energy available from a wall outlet. Typical portable with heater can increase the temperature somewhere between 18 and 25 degrees. If you restrict the water flow so that you have less water to heat, you can get a temperature rise of 28 to 35 degrees. If the water going in is 180 F, you can then get up to 212 F with limited water flow. Alternately you can have the trigger on less so the water has more time to heat. Or some combination of those actions to lower the flow.

I prefer to use the available power for vacuum which I feel is the most important aspect to look at. You can get heat form other sources such as bucket heater, or other type of add-on heating system.

Bucket heater? How are they using those? Those dont raise the temp that much

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson

Scott are you familiar with the eclipse portable it has 3 vaccs two heaters & 500 psi.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera

No other manufacturer has access to the LX motors other than Mytee. They are with out question the most powerful vacuum motors on the market today. Some of these other manufacturers have tried to get them with out success. They are exclusively made for Mytee by Ametek. They have the highest combination of cfm and water lift. Which is what is needed to clean and dry carpets. If you go to Mytee.com look at the 1005 LX and the LTD 5 LX. They are the most powerful best priced extractors in the industry. And if you are interested in doing low moisture cleaning take a look at the ECO14 and ECO17 PRO.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I know I’ve read countless statements from the manufactures and technical users “whos motors are best” but honest question has their been a independent lab test ever performed? If not, why?
If I owned a company and spent a ton on a exclusive product that was much better, I’d have it tested independently to show mine verses the other guy. If my product came out such a clear winner just the extra sales alone would make up for the lab testing loss I’d think. Could be wrong. Unless evidence showed that wasn’t the case or there wasn’t a significant enough difference.
For me let’s face a lx 6.6 & a 8.4 have been proven very good motors. Which to choose should have more to do with options, features, price and actual need. If one motor has a slight advantage over another I don’t think anyone would be still arguing which is best, the winner would be easy to determine because one was just clearly that much better. So there would be no arguement.
That all being said if I didn’t have lab testing, I’d switch my marketing to show people my products very well designed, proven and it’s features make it a better choice. Or warranty. Or something of of the sort. Otherwise it always sounds like a peeing contest.
Sorry for the edits, sometimes I sure can’t spell for a darn and after reading what I wrote even I don’t understand it!

Last edited: