Which one would you rather turn a wrench in??

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
www.rickiefontenotsjanitorialservices.com
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
After putting over 2000 hours on my in 4 months on my XPS I had to change out a bearing on the pump motor; Which BTW with great customer service Ed saved me some time and just told me to change the whole motor; I decided to snap a picture of the engine compartment. I hope he doesn't mind if I show this; but I will take a chance just to show you how mechanic friendly this machine is; The reason I posted this is because I kept trying to imagine getting my huge hands in that to work on it!

:bigsmiley:

Any way; This is the guts of an XPS 500 PSI machine; I can't wait to see the Contractor Series Next Generation Super Charged System.

This of course is the Mytee picture;

:AddEmoticons04259:

Scrubbs

Cleaner
Oct 11, 2007
Fl
Real Name
Mark
Nice pics Rickie, they do pack things in pretty tightly. Just to be fair though, what is the difference in the "footprint" of each machine. However you are right, It is somewhat difficult working on the 2 different mytee machines I have.

Mark

Mar 7, 2006
georgia
Real Name
scott rogers
Ricky, what is the point of running the plumbing on the outside of the recoil?

Also , i see issues with both those machines.

And your picture is deceiving since the recoil is missing all the vac plumbing. Or do they just let the exhaust blow inside the machine like that?

jcdsog

Mar 10, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.carolinacarpetcareonline.com
Real Name
James Carter
Business Location
United States
i will admit the 1003dx is a little tight. not to say that there is anything in there that i couldnt get to or work on. and i agree, from the looks of the picture it does look like the recoil has a bigger footprint.

and i too hope that noone at mytee minded me posting pics of my machine. i know there are a bunch of pics of other machines out there so i didnt think it was a big deal.

Matt Strader

Feb 7, 2009
Jupiter, Fl
www.561carpetandtile.com
Real Name
Matthew Strader
Business Location
United States
After putting over 2000 hours on my in 4 months on my XPS I had to change out a bearing on the pump motor; Which BTW with great customer service Ed saved me some time and just told me to change the whole motor; I decided to snap a picture of the engine compartment. I hope he doesn't mind if I show this; but I will take a chance just to show you how mechanic friendly this machine is; The reason I posted this is because I kept trying to imagine getting my huge hands in that to work on it!

How is that even possible?

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
The hose on the outside of the machine is the booster to airflow management valve; as far as the reason for it; I would have to refer that question to Ed; If I had to guess it would be an engineering tweek of some; not sure what it would affect. It is minus 3 vacuum hoses 2 exhaust hoses; other than the solution tank to pump hoses. But it is that roomy inside to work on. The foot print of the machine is longer and as wide as the Mytee machine. Also the vac to tank hoses are very simply routed to the tank held on by 4 bolts for durability and to keep machine from opening inadvertently. the vacuum motor intakes simply located on the side and front of machine.

Also switches are located to accomidate the machine easily operated from the van. My machine hasn't left my vehicle sinec early June.

I hope this was an informative post.

Jeff Ellis

Banned
Nov 25, 2007
Greenwood, SC
LOL. There are about 750 hours in a month.
3000 hours in 4 months
2000 hours on machine leaves you 1000 hours for sleep, eating,and family. You are on your way to an early grave and or a divorce or your math is off just a little bit.

Nice pictures though. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
How is that even possible?
When I first got the machine we had a contract to do 8 30 story resort condo's; we did all we could on lower floors with gas burners then with 1 portable worked upper floors 24hrs a day till done, Last building we had to do 200 foot hose runs due to construction wasn't complete. So needless to say that machine got put through it's paces. 1280 condos in all; I think we got about 1200 or so with Recoil following our cleaning crew for 85 days was a workout.

Man I went through some propane!!

M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
Topeka
Real Name
Randall Blackwell
Business Location
United States
now thats a lot of carpet cleaning keep up the gd work my brother. :cool:

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Good job Rickie. When I first read about your hours (in another post) I thought the math was off too. Then after reading all the info about your guys and shifts I was like ****!!!! Good job man!!

Nice pics too!

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
Good job Rickie. When I first read about your hours (in another post) I thought the math was off too. Then after reading all the info about your guys and shifts I was like ****!!!! Good job man!!

Nice pics too!
Man with my artritis I have rough 12 hours days!! Not as young as I use to be; that condo complex really work my nerves though; all my cleaners, 2 other techs, onsite truck full of supplies; but man we made some money in Janitorial cleaning and carpet cleaning, when we caught up with cleaners we basically had to do carpet after they had finished.

Mar 7, 2006
georgia
Real Name
scott rogers
The hose on the outside of the machine is the booster to airflow management valve.
Are you saying there is a shut off valve to stop a air leak when not using the 3rd motor?

If so explain to me a situation you wouldnt use all available vacuum the machine could produce.

And couldnt such a valve still be used with a internal stack instead of external?

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
LOL. There are about 750 hours in a month.
3000 hours in 4 months
2000 hours on machine leaves you 1000 hours for sleep, eating,and family. You are on your way to an early grave and or a divorce or your math is off just a little bit.

Nice pictures though. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff
My bad Jeff; I had 2 C/C techs and 14 Janitorial Cleaners on that jobsite.:eek: Man I wouldn't even think about trying that by my lonesome!! haha
We ran 3 full shifts. Jan Cleaners would knockout 4 to 8 condo's per shift we were right with them.

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Wow! This photo of the inside of the Recoil really shows the care that goes into the manufacturing of the Recoil 3XPS. Personally I just don't see the problem of how Cross-American runs the built in booster hose on the outside of the machine.
I had a Recoil 3HP for years and this was quite useful as there were times when I did not want to run the 3rd vac. With plumbing on outside this made it easy to not use it.
I also like the way that each motor has access to fresh air for cooling each motor. This is intellegent engineering. No doubt! Almost every problem is addressed so it can easily be taken care of.
Scott I don't think the CA Recoil 3XPS has issues. Maybe you do!

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
Are you saying there is a shut off valve to stop a air leak when not using the 3rd motor?

If so explain to me a situation you wouldnt use all available vacuum the machine could produce.

And couldnt such a valve still be used with a internal stack instead of external?
I am not sure for the Innovative placement of the booster plumbing Scott; But I know it makes for easy access to clean the filter; and that booster filter probably catches 85% of the carpet fuzz and what not; Every time I check the machine I check the filter. That helps me maintain optimum airflow for quick drying carpet.

If you give Ed at CA a call; I am sure he can shed more light on that innovative design.

I hope this post was helpful.

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Same here Rickie, we check our filters on every job..You would be amazed at how much the filter catches. After using our Recoil for a while now, we can tell by the way the machine sounds that it's time to check the filters. Clean on brothas!!!

Gman

Dec 3, 2008
WI
Real Name
Johnny B L
Business Location
United States
Great Pics Rickie :cool: :-D :cool:
;) :cool: :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

I hear ya Jan.. That extra space for better air-flow
keeps the motors cooler prolonging running hours.. :cool:

Just like My Computer with a

Mobo: ASUS P5K-EPU FSB-1600
and
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz, FSB 1333 MHz.. L2 Cache: 6MB
and
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon 4870 1GB GDDR5
and
Memory: OCZ Reapers 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1066 PC2 8500..
and
PSU: CoolerMaster 650W SLI and CrossFire Ready
and
6 Fans with plenty of room in the Case to keep it COOL..!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
GMan that sounds like a nice PC; did you build it yourself?

And that Recoil machine is just all around a super charged monster that takes a licking and keeps on cleaning.

All the XPS owners I keep in touch with seem to say the same thing; Recoil is definently the way to go for superb performance and engineering.

:AddEmoticons0423:

Gman

Dec 3, 2008
WI
Real Name
Johnny B L
Business Location
United States
Rickie Mine is a 1999 Model R-2.. Its has 3-3stage #116765..
PumpTec recently bit the dust.. Looking for another pump..
I like the 500psi one on your XPS.. :)

Have to get this pump on soon.. Just copped 700 unit Apt.Complex
back in Feb.. OH Man..!! :) So i can have one in the Complex while i take the TM and do my loyal Clients.. :cool: :rolleyes: :)

On the PC yes built myself.. 2nd one.. I like fast PCs.. All parts
from Newegg...... They have the best prices... OS is XP.. Didnt like Vista..

Total of 4 desktops and one HP laptop..

:cool: :cool: :cool: :eek: :) :rolleyes: :cool: :D

Latest posts