Which one of these 3 is the best starter unit.

kingjoelking

Mar 26, 2008
AZ
www.whatsinyourcarpets.com
Real Name
Joel Riggs
Business Location
United States
I would suggest Judson or EZ truckmounts. Both are easy to work on parts are all available locally. Both will save you thousands over a Pro Chem or Hydramaster.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Hello Todd
I am planing to buy a Prochem Legend Gt can you recommend this unit since you are prochem user?
Thank you
Are you buying new or used? Prochem makes a great machine and is very reliable.

Nick P

Sep 30, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Nick Palumbo
Business Location
United States
I agree with Bud's post. I really like Amtex awesome service from Ben

Gary Getman

Dec 2, 2010
florida
Real Name
gary getman
Business Location
United States
Brickhouse, it'S like this. In 1993 I bought a Prochem Cub XL new from a dealer in Birmingham, Alabama. While they were installing it, I went with the dealers employee to do a job as awway of learning the new machine. It was 27 degrees outside and the Cub was unable to keep up with the heat. Are they that much hotter now? I don't know. These small entry level HX machines are good for Florida but Maryland in the winter will leave you wanting more heat. For real steam cleaning year round with HX, AMTEX GIVES YOU TWO EXHAUST HXs instead of one. Also concider a Judson propane unit that will blow live rug scorching steam all day with a free flowing Roots 45 and stainless hammertone powder coated tank that is a work of art as opposed to the barnicle breeding aluminum sludge collector the comes with the Prochem. From experience, a starter machine should be chosen based on the most powerful combination of componants

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I went from a prochem to Amtex Inferno, and I'm not looking back. The new Inferno costs $6k less than the prochem and it has the same engine, blower, water pump, etc. and is made simpler, but has bigger heat exchangers around the engine's exhaust which is where the real heat is. Prochem and Hydramaster use the blower's exhaust to preheat the water which makes no sense to me. Not only does it create a resistance, it also prevents the blower to give it's full potential on the most it could suck out of the carpet. My dry times are literally cut in half. And I don't see how he does it, but Ben (the owner), is the one and only one who I talk to when I have a problem. I don't see how he has the time to talk to all his customers around the world that he sells to. If you're just starting out and your getting a unit brand new. Go Amtex

If your going used, look for an 80's to late 90's Prochem Legend or bigger with under 1500 hrs. That's the best quality that prochem's ever come out with
Someone just put a funny icon on this post. I regret saying this. I had no clue what I was talking about back in 2012

Amtex screwed me with this design. Any post you see of mine about Amtex during this period...please ignore

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I know the old models are in awesome condition and quality, but what my Jondon mechanic told me when he used to work on my old Legend, he said that the new Prochem machines aren't too user friendly and that they have alot of kinks that will cause future problems. I was in the market for prochem until I was told that. That was back in '09. I don't know about this years models, but I do know that they are still not user friendly when it comes to things like belt changes, etc. For some reason, Prochem, Hydramaster, and Sapphire like to hide the blower at the bottom of the truckmount under alot of things that are in the way.

Am I wrong with the 2012 models, or are they about the same way as they were a few years ago?
Can someone delete this stupid comment I made above?? It's extremely inaccurate and will only cause damage to someone who believes this nonsense i made

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Can someone delete this stupid comment I made above?? It's extremely inaccurate and will only cause damage to someone who believes this nonsense i made
Oh come on now Matt, you have made many stupid comments. :p

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Matt, don't beat yourself up, lol. You gave the opinion you had at the time, based on your current experience, and at the time it was 100% accurate. You didn't know then what you know now, and if everyone took back what they said when they gathered new experience, none of us would ever have said anything.

You've made it clear that your feelings have changed, I think that's important to keep visible because it may help others who feel the same way. Someone who's in the position you were in back then may see your reversal and it may give them the time to stop and re-think things, too.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Trying to decide which starter unit to go with. I don't see too many diferences in them but I'm sure you guys know something I don't about each. The prices are all similar. Please let me know which one you think would be the best to go with. Suggestions for other starter units are welcome. I tried to buy a used package deal but they all needed too much work. Planning to buy a used van then installing a new unit.

Prochem Blazer GT
Century 400 Avenger 550
HydraMaster Boxxer 318

Thanks, Mike
Mike
What are you lookng to clean homes , rentals, resturants, apt
And what state are you in

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Mike
What are you lookng to clean homes , rentals, resturants, apt
And what state are you in
I'm guessing he bought his machine, this thread is almost 5 years old.