which is the most reliable and durable start up unit | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

which is the most reliable and durable start up unit

Las Cruces Janitorial

Jun 10, 2014
Las cruces Janitorial
www.fivestar-clean.com
Real Name
Jason Armstrong
Business Location
United States
Why not keep your cash and just finance a Prochem Legend GT or an El D?
I am with Rob on this one if you can finance one that's the way to go I found a good used SS 370 and was able to finance my entire TM for five years I invested $18,000 for my TM and $10,000 for a used Ford van that was the best investment of my life get you a budget in place and figure out what carpet cleaners are charging in your area figure out how many Jobs a day and a month you need to do to make your payment and buy supplies and future equipment and pay yourself you want to get yourself a machine that is going to be reliable and down you to grow your business if you buy something just make sure you're not going outgrow the machine in a year or two if I was you I would use the cash on hand for advertising business cards fliers and other accessories such as air movers spinner tool Rotary carpet extractor or other accessories that would help improve your business or graphics on your van because when you finance the equipment you can do a lease purchase and it's tax-deductible Come tax time

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Reactions: Wallace

Las Cruces Janitorial

Jun 10, 2014
Las cruces Janitorial
www.fivestar-clean.com
Real Name
Jason Armstrong
Business Location
United States
I personally won't run anything less than a 56 blower but if your not custom building your machine your talking BIG Bucks. for a 250 foot run please do not go lower than a 45 blower, you will hate your machine and your job. You would be better off with a 46 and bigger. I have a friend who bought an SS370 and then started kicking himself in the ass when he watched me string out a 600 foot run and clean with my custom(built by me) Machine with a roots 56 blower. If your on a budget and don't want to finance Build your own. If you don't know how you should save your money and buy a more powerful machine.
Can you tell me how many of your jobs require 600 feet of hose 85 to 90% of my jobs I run 150 max maybe 200 from van to wand we don't have many five-story homes here in my town

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
Very few that was my longest run ever but I get a few 300-400 foot commercial runs a year. Personally I would rather have overkill than not enough.

Reactions: rob allen

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
looking to purchase a start up unit that can handle apartment complex cleaning with good suction for 250ft of hose..also able to do tile and grout with no problem my budget is between 6-7 thousand...any help would be greatly appreciated...
I have a used hydramaster hydracat for sale. The only downside it that it cannot do the pressures for tile and grout, but I have done 400 foot hose runs with the machine.

freddyabsolute

Oct 31, 2015
Real Name
freddy noya
i appreciate all the help guys but i think im going to custom build my unit at the 7-8 thousand range i got a friend i worked for who has one that handles all jobs and its been 10 years running and all he had to replace was a the water pump...im getting a 20hp commando kohler cat water pump 4/5 blower with a little giant 120,000 btu and im havinf the waste and fresh water tank custom welded out of stainless steel i already have an rx20 being serviced hydramaster upholstery tool and wand to get me off and running ..i ve decided to go this route without the worry of how beat up a used unit is also itll be designed for an easy fix if any thing goes wrong being im a one man band about to take on 4 apartment complexes to start i cant afford to loose any accounts bring in the ttruck in the shop for repairs ...thank you all

Reactions: Wallace

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Don't forget the ball valves

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
i appreciate all the help guys but i think im going to custom build my unit at the 7-8 thousand range i got a friend i worked for who has one that handles all jobs and its been 10 years running and all he had to replace was a the water pump...im getting a 20hp commando kohler cat water pump 4/5 blower with a little giant 120,000 btu and im havinf the waste and fresh water tank custom welded out of stainless steel i already have an rx20 being serviced hydramaster upholstery tool and wand to get me off and running ..i ve decided to go this route without the worry of how beat up a used unit is also itll be designed for an easy fix if any thing goes wrong being im a one man band about to take on 4 apartment complexes to start i cant afford to loose any accounts bring in the ttruck in the shop for repairs ...thank you all
If you are planning on doing tile and grout I would pay the extra for the 180,000 btu little giant.

freddyabsolute

Oct 31, 2015
Real Name
freddy noya
im taking everyones advice and taking heed and am grateful for the help ..i just have another question if you dont mind its about the hydramaster 450maxx that was repo with a 2010 chevy van with only 60,000 miles on it the machine has 2000 hours on it in really good condition van comes with everything i would need to do a clean but i noticed there wasnt a fresh water tank in it, does anyone know if i can put one in the van and supply the water that way or is this a truckmount i have to have connected to a spicket the salesman is asking 16000 for the van and equitment im sure 14000 cash would take it ...

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
im taking everyones advice and taking heed and am grateful for the help ..i just have another question if you dont mind its about the hydramaster 450maxx that was repo with a 2010 chevy van with only 60,000 miles on it the machine has 2000 hours on it in really good condition van comes with everything i would need to do a clean but i noticed there wasnt a fresh water tank in it, does anyone know if i can put one in the van and supply the water that way or is this a truckmount i have to have connected to a spicket the salesman is asking 16000 for the van and equitment im sure 14000 cash would take it ...
That sounds like an awesome deal. If you're not too far up north, you shouldn't need a tank immediately.

Is the van a 3/4ton or 1ton? If it's a 1ton, you shouldn't need to worry about putting a tank in there. If it's just a 3/4ton, I would steer away from getting a water tank

freddyabsolute

Oct 31, 2015
Real Name
freddy noya
it is a 1ton but with that 450maxx and hose reels waste tank its pretty tight plus i have 4blowers and an rx20 going in there are shelves in it maybe i have to take those down to fit the fresh water tank do you happen to know where i can get a water pump that pushes 5gpm for a good price brother

freddyabsolute

Oct 31, 2015
Real Name
freddy noya
my mistake it is a 3/4 ton chevy 2500 can i get a smaller water tank because i have 4 apartment complexes to service when im up and running and i cant connect to a spicket each time ..can you say dilema

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
That is a great deal on a good machine with a 3 cylinder liquid cooled engine which will run forever if it's maintained

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
FreddyAbsolute, I would try and rearrange some things to get at least a 50 gallon fresh water tank in. You can do it just fine on a 3/4 ton if you add some overloads to it. I have a 65 gallon over the wheel well in my half ton, with some overloads it rides level with a full water tank.

alexus

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2014
Real Name
Aleksandr Davidov
yea I kind of figured it was worth a shot lol I guess im going to have to keep looking been searching for months down here in Orlando and everything ive seen is pretty much beat to death I appreciate it though...
You should check janitors closet they have good deals on prochem legend