Which is the better portable machine Amtex Prowler or Jaguar 8.4

Discussion in 'Manuals' started by bkj5145, Aug 4, 2016.

1. bkj5145

bkj5145 New Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone, I am working on my business plan for starting my own Carpet and Tile cleaning company. I have solidified everything except for equipment. I want to make sure that I am versatile and can maximize the equipment that I buy for at least the first two years while I get established and make some money.

I am leaning towards an Amtex Prowler 14hp, because it has heat and is portable, because I can run it from my van or move it close to buildings if I have a bigger job. I live in a large metro-plex and I worry about the perception I would have from using a portable. All of the operations around my area that I have seen use truckmounts. The prowler new is going to run me about 7500 new, with a wand, 150 feet of vac/solution hoses. I am planning on serving higher-end residential homes and targeting mostly small commercial.

With the Jaguar, I have heard good things about it, but it doesn't have heat, so I would have to have an external heater. Seems like it would add extra time to setup versus something that is gas powered, and I have to use customers electricity. Will this unit work if I buy a generator?

Amtex Prowler
    http://amtexequipment.com/prowler14hp.php

What are you thoughts between these two machines, are their other machines out there that I should be considering?

• Like Like x 1
  2. brianedwards25

brianedwards25 Active Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Male
    Carpet and window O/O
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +185 / 0 / -0
    I dont own either machine but I am interested in the replies to your inquiry. One plus of the jaguar is it can be used indoors for commercial when you have to close doors but having 2 or 3 plugs is no fun lol. Either should have the power you need for a reasonable price. The jag is cheaper and you could get a cimex or OP machine to offer some encap vlm cleaning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TMF Forums mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Detail Studio

The Detail Studio New Member

Feb 20, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hello. I hope you found the answer you were looking for. It looks like it's been since August. Do you mind if I ask what you ended up doing?

I'm new to this forum. I've been in business about 6 years doing Mobile Car Detailing. Before that I worked for a company for 5 years that did Carpet Cleaning and Water Damage Restoration.

I'm interested in what you found out about the Amtex Prowler 14 HP. I've been seriously considering purchasing that machine from Houston. Is it a good machine? Since I do Mobile Car Detailing, I think it would give me what I need for a Power Washer and Vehicle Interior Steam cleaning. Also, I do some Carpet Cleaning on the side, so it seems like it would work for that.

I'm intrigued if anyone has any input?

4. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,162 / 0 / -0
    There are a LOT of guys here with very strong opinions one way or t'other on those Amtex machines. I'd do a search and see what they have to say.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Detail Studio

The Detail Studio New Member

Feb 20, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. Yeah, I've looked into what's available and what has been said about it here. I haven't heard much about it in recent times though. The most I've seen about it is from 2 years ago or longer. So, I was just wondering about how it's looked at these days :)

6. Jimsteam

Premium VIP

Apr 19, 2009
    Retired
    NOYB
    Ratings:
    +5,450 / 19 / -1
    Jaguar is a great extractor with a 800 psi pump. I use a 2ht Propane heater. Over 2000 hours on the Jag . 3K plus on the heater.
    Prowler is Gas TM / heat with a 2000 psi pump.
    Suppose you could power wash with the Am..... But .....