onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
On Thursday my truckmount gave up a piston. (oil filter blew off and lost all the oil)
I was planning on buying a new one this fall, but have decided to move up the purchase to now instead of repairing the old one. But I don't know which el Diablo I should buy. I have like the propane burner that I use now so I have thought about getting that one, friends have said get the diesel model, my distributed has told me to buy the heat exchanger model because the burners have problems, I don't need the heat, and the hx will always have some heat even when the hx goes out. What do you guys feel is the best?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I prefer the heat exchanger version.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Any reason in particular? Does the hx version give you enough heat for dual winding and tile work?
We don't dual wand anymore. Just tired messing with dual fuels. Plus with todays chemistry you don't need high heat anymore.

Reactions: igare and alexus

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
We don't dual wand anymore. Just tired messing with dual fuels. Plus with todays chemistry you don't need high heat anymore.
Rob. I agree. Its cool having the crazy heat of a diesel burner, but there is also a big down side. Soot, 2nd fuel cell, smell, cost. Everytime I grab my grandy brush. I need to wipe it down to ensure I don't rake soot across a freshly cleaned carpet.

I think the heat ex tech has come a long way. Better coil designs and preheaters have brought them on par with fuel fired heat. We really live in a great time.

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
I have never been afraid of the extra fuel, especially propane because it burns not explodes. (dont believe me, mythbusters did an episode where they tried to blow up a cylinder, they couldn't do it until the last test with an incendiary round, even then I don't believe it exploded as much as a big flame). I have a friend with a diesel heater, I could smell him a block away, though he says the smell went away after he changed to kerosene.

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
A few guys i know that had heat from a burner that went to hx were disappointed and ultimately went back to a burner. Rob likes the hx better bc of the less hassle factor (paraphrasing from his post) but he has employees to worry about and thats part of it

I think you should ask yourself how hot you like to clean how much trouble do you think it is etc and youll know which one to get

You could also consider a tm that uses propane i believe they are a little more reliable from the heat perspective. I think judson are propane fires and have a good rep

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
A few guys i know that had heat from a burner that went to hx were disappointed and ultimately went back to a burner. Rob likes the hx better bc of the less hassle factor (paraphrasing from his post) but he has employees to worry about and thats part of it

I think you should ask yourself how hot you like to clean how much trouble do you think it is etc and youll know which one to get

You could also consider a tm that uses propane i believe they are a little more reliable from the heat perspective. I think judson are propane fires and have a good rep
Yes employees are the reason I switched. As an O/O kero great as you can watch the heat/hoses/parts and not over do it. Employees,not so much.

Reactions: earl804

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
I have a powerclean unit with heat exchangers and an eldiabo with a diesel burner, they both get the job done but I prefer the diesel. It gets hotter faster and can control the heat better, my heat exchangers produce awesome heat but will spike to 270 and shut down if I put the wand down for just a few minutes to move furniture. I guess I could put a by pass valve on. The heat exchangers take much longer to get real hot and much longer to cool down.

Reactions: lvtandg and earl804

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
I had an El Diablo and it was great, but I don't want another air cooled engine in our hot climate. It must be a Northstar thing, or a @Nomad74 thing, but I don't think I've had any issues with soot on everything.
It wasn't so bad using dual fuels, with the smaller engine that used less gas and the diesel burner, it wasn't that bad at all. My 570 uses more gas than the El Diablo did, so it kind of evens out.
I decided on a water cooled, HX tm, I'll never go back to a burner. I never run out of heat with the 570, not even doing tile.
With the El Diablos getting nearer to $20,000, I'll pass.

Reactions: Omar and Nomad74

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I had an El Diablo and it was great, but I don't want another air cooled engine in our hot climate. It must be a Northstar thing, or a @Nomad74 thing, but I don't think I've had any issues with soot on everything.
It wasn't so bad using dual fuels, with the smaller engine that used less gas and the diesel burner, it wasn't that bad at all. My 570 uses more gas than the El Diablo did, so it kind of evens out.
I decided on a water cooled, HX tm, I'll never go back to a burner. I never run out of heat with the 570, not even doing tile.
With the El Diablos getting nearer to $20,000, I'll pass.
Hi Ivan

On Thursday my truckmount gave up a piston. (oil filter blew off and lost all the oil)
I was planning on buying a new one this fall, but have decided to move up the purchase to now instead of repairing the old one. But I don't know which el Diablo I should buy. I have like the propane burner that I use now so I have thought about getting that one, friends have said get the diesel model, my distributed has told me to buy the heat exchanger model because the burners have problems, I don't need the heat, and the hx will always have some heat even when the hx goes out. What do you guys feel is the best?
Hello Jeremy! Mark Jennings with MasterBlend; give me a call Tuesday morning so we can chat about the El Diablo's!! Thank you sir. 800-525-9644