Which brushes for encapsulation with CRB? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Which brushes for encapsulation with CRB?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I normally do nothing but extraction. I'm just trying to learn VLM/Encap so I can offer it as services in between extractions. I'm doing a commercial building Monday. I'm gonna try the bonnet with my floor machine, which is just using it as a 175 without using the tanks or vacuum.

I doubt I'd be able to actually run solution through it and clean carpets. I've heard of a few people saying yes but nobody explains it so I'm not gonna risk it.
Just use 175 with bonnets. And use pump up or electric sprayer to mist down 200sqft ahead of yourself.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
try vacaway chems....
commercial magic and grout hog.....works great......

also can call and get a free sample kit.....
Hot knife extreme always worked good for me. And their spotters are pretty good too.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Don't be afraid to use a red pad on dirty areas before you bonnet them. I wet out pads or bonnets slightly before using them. On super clean cgd areas I will straight red pad only. Pad capping is super fast and very effective on lightly soiled areas, you might even feel guilty the first couple times it's so fast and effective lol

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
Don't be afraid to use a red pad on dirty areas before you bonnet them. I wet out pads or bonnets slightly before using them. On super clean cgd areas I will straight red pad only. Pad capping is super fast and very effective on lightly soiled areas, you might even feel guilty the first couple times it's so fast and effective lol
Do you think it'll be ok even though it's not a traditional 175? It's a floor scrubber but came with a pad driver and pads. So it's designed to be able to do pads. It has a vacuum that I wouldn't use and solution tank etc. I would only be turning on the pad and using my sprayer. It weighs about 100 lbs dry but I can add water to it to weigh it down more if need be.

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
So if you red pad it isn't that just scrubbing it but not extracting any?

I just ordered the sample pack from Vacaway, but unfortunately the only crystalizing encap I see in the pack is some green one, not one of the ones you guys have mentioned. Still gonna try it.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If your floor machine spins at 175 I'd say you're fine. Yes on super easy areas, pre vacuum and pad cap, no bonnet and no extraction. The floor tells you what to do.

I have sprayed areas with encap and did nothing, no machine at all and just observed them (unbeknownst to the customer and I was not charging for this experiment) and guess what? It looked great after house keeping vacuumed on their regular timeline over the course of months. I only mention this and I am not advocating the practice and charging for it, but the juice works on it's own and it's hard to wrap your head around it. Maybe the above helps, because at first encap seems sleazy if you have a staunch pro hwe background. It's not and it's a great tool in the toolbox.

Reactions: memtndude

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
those vacaway products

instructions say to prespray scrub and extract.....
their other products say encap only...

they told me both have crystalizing polymers and basically the same chems
but the ones for encap-only have more polymers and thus more crystalizing and foam for just encap.....also dries faster

Reactions: memtndude

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
those vacaway products

instructions say to prespray scrub and extract.....
their other products say encap only...

they told me both have crystalizing polymers and basically the same chems
but the ones for encap-only have more polymers and thus more crystalizing and foam for just encap.....also dries faster
Do you know of any good ones that don't ask for extraction?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Many of the Bonnet Pro products are great for encapping only, I finally started carrying them here and my VLM guys are in love.

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
So today I did a good sized commercial building. I did half the room with extraction and half with encap. The beginning was the same process, where I vacuumed then pre-sprayed with RFS Spiked w/Groutmaster on the extraction side and used ReleaseIt (the one without peroxide) on the other side. Then I ran the CRB over it, which on both sides most of the spots came out already with just the CRB and either chemical. Then my partner extracted and I ran my floor machine with a green striped bonnet over the other half. I was finished in less than half the time. When we both got done the floors looked the exact same, only my side was a nearly dry. I'd like to conduct the same experiment on much lighter carpets, as these are black with light tan designs on them, so the designs area where you can really see spots etc.

And don't worry, the owner of the business and manager are good friends of mine and they're ok with me trying stuff like that out there.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
try the encap stuff from vacaway where you scrubb and HWE

incredible difference

i pre scrub my carpets anyway it actually is less time because the HWE TAKES about HALF the time it used to cause the chems work so well.....

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
try the encap stuff from vacaway where you scrubb and HWE

incredible difference

i pre scrub my carpets anyway it actually is less time because the HWE TAKES about HALF the time it used to cause the chems work so well.....

I actually did that with ReleaseIt today. I'd like to try it with vacaway also. My sprayer bottle with RSF ran out so I just used what was left of my ReleaseIt bottle to pre-spray an area. Agitated it and extracted it. Worked great. I'll give it a shot with Vacaway.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
In my experience the trouble comes when you try to encap only, and not HWE ever again. It looks good the first few times and then it stops looking good and needs to be extracted.

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
In my experience the trouble comes when you try to encap only, and not HWE ever again. It looks good the first few times and then it stops looking good and needs to be extracted.
I don't think I'd do it more than 2-3 times before extracting. I don't view it as a permanent alternative so much as interim maintenance.