Which brushes for encapsulation with CRB? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Which brushes for encapsulation with CRB?

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
I have just purchased a new CRB. I plan on using it on some of my commercial jobs for intermittent encapsulation cleaning, between the regularly scheduled HWA cleanings.

Which types of brushes do I use to accomplish this? The regular blue ones that come with it, or do I need something different for encapsulation vs. pre-agitation?

I also ordered the tile/grout brushes (black) that I want to try one some tile, but those specifically state they're for tile so it's easy to determine that one.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Blue brushes for the chinese machines, white brushes for the austrian machine

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yes, but please keep in mind it's primarily for agitation. I don't really endorse the CRB Brush method for encapsulation unless its to agitate before using bonnet. For REALLY dirty carpets use the broken in black brushes.

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
I do have a burnisher. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. So you think I should use that with bonnets instead of the CRB?

All I've done is HWA so far. Just trying to expand my arsenal. Sorry for all of the questions.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I do have a burnisher. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. So you think I should use that with bonnets instead of the CRB?

All I've done is HWA so far. Just trying to expand my arsenal. Sorry for all of the questions.
Use bonnets for low moisture cleaning. Use crb for prescrubbing hwe.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Burnisher is too high speed for carpet, you need something in the 150-175 range.

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
Ok. I gotcha.

I have a 165 RPM floor scrubber also, that came with the different brushes and bonnets as well. I have yet to use any of that for any of this kind of work. I'm going to give it a try this coming up week and see how it goes. Release It sent me a free same kit with 3 of their chemicals, including their encapsulation chemical, and all I had to pay was shipping. I appreciate all of the advice.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yeah, maybe try to find an encapsulation cleaner in your area to show you the ropes?

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
I don't really know any of the other contractors around here. I've tried to talk to a few of them about letting me tag along to learn other stuff before and never had any luck.

That would be fun and interesting. I love learning things, but can't afford most classes since they're not around here.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Ok. I gotcha.

I have a 165 RPM floor scrubber also, that came with the different brushes and bonnets as well. I have yet to use any of that for any of this kind of work. I'm going to give it a try this coming up week and see how it goes. Release It sent me a free same kit with 3 of their chemicals, including their encapsulation chemical, and all I had to pay was shipping. I appreciate all of the advice.
that is a great scrubber with a pad driver and red pad....and solutionn tank

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
that is a great scrubber with a pad driver and red pad....and solutionn tank
Do you think I could put carpet brushes or red pads on the floor scrubber and put encap and water in the solution tank and use that on carpets effectively?

I'd like to try it.

I was also planning on throwing a bonnet on it, spraying encap by hand in small areas and then going over that with the bonnet with just water in the tank.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Blue brushes for the chinese machines, white brushes for the austrian machine
Lets see. I have the Austrian TM4 and the blue brushes are primarily for residential and also good for tile and grout. The stiffer brown brushes for the TM4 are better for low pile commercial like CGD or really worn down beaten up polyester carpets.

The white brushes are the softest and are used for wool rugs.

Last edited:

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
Lets see. I have the Austrian TM4 and the blue brushes are primarily for residential and also good for tile and grout. The stiffer brown brushes for the TM4 are better for low pile commercial like CGD or really worn down beaten up polyester carpets.

The white brushes are the softest and are used for wool rugs.
I had to call Mytee because I couldn't find blue brushes. Mine came with white and I ordered black for tile. They told me to use white on all carpets, no matter if its residential or commercial. On the upside, the white brushes for the Mytee are only about $60. On the downside, I feel like you guys that get to use the separate brushes are probably getting more from it.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Get some Robs Shake and Rake, stuff is wonderful to use with a CRB

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I had to call Mytee because I couldn't find blue brushes. Mine came with white and I ordered black for tile. They told me to use white on all carpets, no matter if its residential or commercial. On the upside, the white brushes for the Mytee are only about $60. On the downside, I feel like you guys that get to use the separate brushes are probably getting more from it.
I guess Mytee has their own brush assortments and colors.

The brushes for the TM4 are almost $200 a pop for each color!

Reactions: memtndude

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
I guess Mytee has their own brush assortments and colors.

The brushes for the TM4 are almost $200 a pop for each color!
Yeah I saw that. I was getting concerned that they sent me the wrong brushes until I called them. I was relieved when she told me the white ones did both commercial and residential.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Do you think I could put carpet brushes or red pads on the floor scrubber and put encap and water in the solution tank and use that on carpets effectively?

I'd like to try it.

I was also planning on throwing a bonnet on it, spraying encap by hand in small areas and then going over that with the bonnet with just water in the tank.
yes blue brush for 175
red pad also for 175

best to prescrub with encap then extract.....
although most dont extract thats what it says on the instructions....
on a lot of encap...
doesnt take long as extraction is really fast....

memtndude

Feb 6, 2018
Memphis, TN
www.mooneysmagic.com
Real Name
Russell Mooney
Business Location
United States
yes blue brush for 175
red pad also for 175

best to prescrub with encap then extract.....
although most dont extract thats what it says on the instructions....
on a lot of encap...
doesnt take long as extraction is really fast....
I normally do nothing but extraction. I'm just trying to learn VLM/Encap so I can offer it as services in between extractions. I'm doing a commercial building Monday. I'm gonna try the bonnet with my floor machine, which is just using it as a 175 without using the tanks or vacuum.

I doubt I'd be able to actually run solution through it and clean carpets. I've heard of a few people saying yes but nobody explains it so I'm not gonna risk it.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
try vacaway chems....
commercial magic and grout hog.....works great......

also can call and get a free sample kit.....