• Total voters

Drew Moore

Nov 16, 2015
Memphis, Tennessee
Real Name
Drew Moore
Business Location
United States
If I ever get to retire I'd love it to be were my family is originally from , in Sao Miguel Azores. The weather is pretty decent, some of the greenest and most beautiful landscapes you will ever see. And best thing is that it's very slow paced.

That's what I liked about Thailand and in particular where I lived, everything is slow paced and everyone is laid back. An anecdote is I spent a majority of my student teaching with Chinese foreign exchange students and one time they just didn't show up...my TEFL instructor said this happens a lot with those particular students and because of the area we have to let it go, but if we were in Bangkok there would be consequences. Different area different attitudes.

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
That's what I liked about Thailand and in particular where I lived, everything is slow paced and everyone is laid back. An anecdote is I spent a majority of my student teaching with Chinese foreign exchange students and one time they just didn't show up...my TEFL instructor said this happens a lot with those particular students and because of the area we have to let it go, but if we were in Bangkok there would be consequences. Different area different attitudes.
Sounds like some of my EX-employees! :)

Steve

PS Yes... they found out that there were "consequences". This ain't Thailand. (Much as I loved Thai culture it is tough to run a business without "Shared Accountability")

Drew Moore

Nov 16, 2015
Memphis, Tennessee
Real Name
Drew Moore
Business Location
United States
Sounds like some of my EX-employees! :)

Steve

PS Yes... they found out that there were "consequences". This ain't Thailand. (Much as I loved Thai culture it is tough to run a business without "Shared Accountability")

Agreed, without shared accountability and an understanding the company is bigger than any-one person and how we do everything for the betterment of our customers and our company, nothing will ever get accomplished. In most other cultures this is sadly just not a reality.

Ramzes

Aug 25, 2020
Real Name
Sue Smith
I'd prefer to spend your days in retirement in the leased premises Bukit Jelutong though, because it's really good projects and reasonable prices, this is a profitable business and good opportunity to continue to earn, usually I rent from them a few dozen apartments around the world and pass the tourists and local daily and weekly, it brings me a good income and Priya I don't put a lot of work, having the ability of us to relax in the apartment Bukit Jelutong somewhere near the sea, so why not?