Where to store chemicals? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Where to store chemicals?

Qbguru1987

May 17, 2020
Real Name
James Journell
Is it a bad idea to store chemicals in hallway closet in the apartment? I don't have a garage. I do have a small patio but gets hot during the day. I work out of my SUV, but also not sure if it is a bad idea to store chemicals in there, where it gets hot.

Does chemicals vapor or smell seep through the bottle? Thanks

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Store in dark cool place. Or at least room temperature. Especially the hydrogen peroxide. Keep lids on tight.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Is it a bad idea to store chemicals in hallway closet in the apartment? I don't have a garage. I do have a small patio but gets hot during the day. I work out of my SUV, but also not sure if it is a bad idea to store chemicals in there, where it gets hot.

Does chemicals vapor or smell seep through the bottle? Thanks
If you've got a storage room off the patio, that might be better in case of accidental spills or leaks. The heat of an exposed patio would, I think, degrade the chems quickly. Keeping them inside may be ideal as far as 'cool dry place' is concerned, but especially if you've got kids or pets that might get into them it may pose a slight accidental exposure hazard. If you do keep them in a hall closet, try to put them in something like a Rubbermaid storage tote or a Playmate cooler to keep them contained.

Reactions: Qbguru1987

Qbguru1987

May 17, 2020
Real Name
James Journell
If you've got a storage room off the patio, that might be better in case of accidental spills or leaks. The heat of an exposed patio would, I think, degrade the chems quickly. Keeping them inside may be ideal as far as 'cool dry place' is concerned, but especially if you've got kids or pets that might get into them it may pose a slight accidental exposure hazard. If you do keep them in a hall closet, try to put them in something like a Rubbermaid storage tote or a Playmate cooler to keep them contained.

I like the Rubbermaid tote idea. I will do that one thanks.