Direct Mail EDDM - Where to Start With a List Not On a Computer... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM Where to Start With a List Not On a Computer...

extremecleantn

Jul 25, 2010
Tennessee
www.extremecleantn.com
Real Name
Dale Compton
Business Location
United States
I have a "list" of previous customers that I want to send a mail out to but, this list is actually just previous hand written invoices. Where is the correct place to put all these contacts ? Quickbooks ? Help !

TimM

Sep 9, 2007
Ogden Utah
Real Name
Tim
Business Location
United States
I have a "list" of previous customers that I want to send a mail out to but, this list is actually just previous hand written invoices. Where is the correct place to put all these contacts ? Quickbooks ? Help !
If you are not using any software yet then as mentioned above, I would put them in an excel spread sheet or similar and from there you can print mailing labels or import that list into other programs to use.

Reactions: extremecleantn

ALL CLEAN

Apr 17, 2012
Reno, Nevada
allcleanreno.com
Real Name
Chris Griego
Business Location
United States
Check out Quickbooks online, I was using Excel but not now. Also Collecting Email addresses and sign up for a mailchimp account. You can follow up with email marketing or reminders to customers. You can create custom lists for residential customers, realtors. insurance agents Etc.

Infamousdave

Nov 2, 2010
Minnesota
Real Name
David Watkins
Business Location
United States
A CRM software like ACT or Goldmine would help you a lot. If you don't want to purchase one of those and you use Google Gmail you can always enter your contacts there and use that as a simple CRM alternative.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
I use an excel spreadsheet but I am going to go to www.thecustomerfactor.com and start to use them next week. I am also taking a big step and hiring an appointment setter next week. I'm trying to grow my company and have developed a marketing plan to go big.

So yeah, excel spreadsheet :)
How is your appointment setter working out? Since it has been a couple of weeks what would you recommend for someone wanting to hire a phone answering scheduling person?

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I use an excel spreadsheet but I am going to go to www.thecustomerfactor.com and start to use them next week. I am also taking a big step and hiring an appointment setter next week. I'm trying to grow my company and have developed a marketing plan to go big.

So yeah, excel spreadsheet :)
Do you find yourself double posting?
Not prospects, but sales in quickbooks and the customerfactor

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Do you find yourself double posting?
Not prospects, but sales in quickbooks and the customerfactor
I don't use quickbooks. But so fat customerfactor has been a big help to me. I am still racking all my marketing results AND EXPENSES on excel. I know, I need to get out of the dark ages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TMF Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I don't use quickbooks. But so fat customerfactor has been a big help to me. I am still racking all my marketing results AND EXPENSES on excel. I know, I need to get out of the dark ages.

Ok so you are busy transferring. Going to eliminate excell? Or are you keeping it, won't there be double posting?

I wonder if quickbooks merges with cf...hmmm

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Ok so you are busy transferring. Going to eliminate excell? Or are you keeping it, won't there be double posting?

I wonder if quickbooks merges with cf...hmmm
I know you can import the factor to quickbooks. But I am not there yet.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Just put your entire customer list in an envelope and mail it too me. I'll handle it from there. :cool:

Reactions: cyphersbg

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
Where would i put it ? In the hands of somebody who could type all that oit for me ... then just import that list into the program u use. Somethings are worth paying for.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Excel is what I would do.. it is the most likely to be compatible with where ever you might want to export it later. Be that a mailing list or another program.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
How many names? If there a lots then you might be able to hire a college kid to do it per name. Put it in excel - as far as mailing I love the Send Out Cards system. It's quick and easy!

Infamousdave

Nov 2, 2010
Minnesota
Real Name
David Watkins
Business Location
United States
How many names? If there a lots then you might be able to hire a college kid to do it per name. Put it in excel - as far as mailing I love the Send Out Cards system. It's quick and easy!
Hey now, that's a good idea! I bet you could get someone on fiver to do it cheap.