Where to Sell Truck Mount? Help! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Where to Sell Truck Mount? Help!

wma2121

Nov 20, 2013
Real Name
AIMEE WITT
Hi there,
Need help/advice, please.

We are stuck in a lease-to-own agreement for a Master's Touch Truck Mount Unit that is fully loaded and has plenty of supplies to go along with it, including the trailer. It was purchased new in 2008 from the company in Arizona, and the owner leased it to us last May because he was tired of working commercial jobs overnight and had a different business that was taking up most of his time. We signed the lease last May, and did pretty well through November 2012. Since then, the sh*t hit the fan and this attempt at a carpet cleaning business has us *this close* to bankruptcy. It just is not the business for us! Although the potential is there, we just don't love it and aren't good at marketing it, obviously. Plus there is more local competition than we originally believed. The lessor has agreed to let us attempt to sell it outright so that we can be released from the lease-to-own contract and get some of our $ back, but he won't owner finance for anyone else again and we have to sell it outright.

So...where can I sell this? I have been trying to list it online since February with no interest. Where do I list it? What is a fair price for 2008 TMT truck mount equipment package including trailer, chemicals/tools/supplies/marketing materials? Can do tile & grout, carpet, concrete, pressure washing, etc.

Thanks!

wma2121

Nov 20, 2013
Real Name
AIMEE WITT
I can get all the specs and pics, Jim. I think the holding tank is 70 gal but my husband did all the work. Neither of us are mechanical so I'll have to look through all the paperwork to get the details regarding the unit...

Thanks, I saw that there were classified ads on the site after posting this so I will list it on here as soon as I can get all the info together. After viewing them, I think the price I had in mind (what we have agreed to pay on the lease to own) is good. I was more wondering whether the Lessor had ripped us off when we made the agreement, but I think the price we agreed to was actually pretty fair.

Don't be "wary", we have another business in a totally different industry that has been going strong for 5 years. I was trying to diversify and get into another business and it didn't work out for us. We have pretty much shut carpet/tile cleaning operations down for now, as of August and are focusing on the other business. But we still have to make the lease payment and I want to sell ASAP.

All advice appreciated :) I will update later today or tonight with specs.

bojangles

May 21, 2012
payson, az
Real Name
brian m
google up" tmt recovery". i've never worked with them but they may be able to help you out.

also jondon and interlink have classifieds, as well as this sight.

there's always craigslist and ebay.

make a detailed ad w/ specs. engine, pump, blower, waste tank size, etc. and any tools included, too.

AZ cleaner

Jun 8, 2013
Real Name
Gary Yowell
no luck online????.....where all the people in the world interested in a used truckmount can find it......yes, perhaps marketing is not you guys forte

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
Sell it here on our classifieds. It's Freetown post them there during the holidays as is normally 25 per listing. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
This the one thats been on ebay? its too expensive for a trailer setup...it looks nice but noone wanna spend that kinda cash on a used trailer setup I think. in all liklyhood you might have better luck parting it out on ebay. selling off the equipment piece by piece and then the truckmount and the trailer...