ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Hey guys I have a powermatic 1150... does anybody know where I can buy a new heater coil? Or can I use one off a different company's machine?

How much do you guys think the part would be... if I fix it myself? I'm concerned it might have frozen, despite my efforts to keep it warm. Thanks a lot!

Jan 6, 2011
MI
Real Name
Philip Fogerty
Business Location
United States
ColoradoCleaner,
One thing you have going for you is that it may froze but may not be broken. That heat exchanger is made out of cold water pipe and can take more than 3000 psi before bursting if it was in good condition prior to freezing. If it is broken and leaking out of the exhaust port or out of the housing, repairing it will be difficult. You can expect to pay between 1000 and 1300 for a new one. I do have a customer with a used one that is good ( he scrapped a machine out and kept the coil and some other parts ). The heat exchanger is in Michigan. Let me know if you need one and I will check on a price for it.

TLC CARPET CLEANING

Dec 3, 2010
vermont
Real Name
Leon Turmel
Business Location
United States
Hello, I would check on the used one first. If that doesn't work you can buy new from amptruckmounts.com. They show a new one on their website. Not sure of the cost though. Could be $$$. Hope this helped. Leon.

Prouddadx6

Jan 4, 2010
Boulder Colorado
Real Name
Keith Wroblewski
Business Location
United States
I know that you can repair a little giant heater coil for about a $100.00. The mechanic down at Steamway will weld it for you if it can be fixed.

streetlights

Mar 22, 2011
colo
Real Name
kevin torres
Business Location
United States
Contact Amp Mfg. for pricing

303-500-5122

or go to amptruckmounts.com

or

AMP Manufacturing, LLC