When to not go VLM

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Hey guys, I've been experimenting with diversifying and not always going with HWE on every job. My question is if there is ever a time when you would not recommend a VLM . I've got a car dealership coming up with cgd, building is 3 years old never been cleaned and some grease spots. Are carpets ever too soiled to hit with an encap? Thanks for all the feedback.

On another note is should I be protecting all carpets with flouro or is there a different chemistry to use on olefin/poly?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I'll use my Mytee portable if an office space isn't accessible with truckmount.

I still don't believe in doing it for residential, even when its already very clean, I feel like the carpet gets dirtier faster with encapsulation.

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
by low moisture do you mean spraying down the spots and giving it a scrub with a low flow portable or spraying the carpet down and then smearing the dirt all over and then making up a fair tail how the bonnet magically sucks the dirt out of the carpet and into the bonnet?

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
Isn't it quite expensive to buy equipment that after being sprayed with soap just moves it around and spreads the dirt out while lying to the customer and ones self that this is cleaning?

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
Have you ever dried that stuff out in a cup? It doesn't just magically fly into the vacuum cleaner bag, that stuff is tough as nails. Like you. I just can't imagine anyone spraying that on a carpet and swishing it around and collecting a check and actually being able to sleep at night.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I've done VLM. Haven't tried every chemical but I've tried every method. The bonnet absorption method can and does work, I still say it doesnt work as well as HWE but uneducated customers wont know the difference

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
by low moisture do you mean spraying down the spots and giving it a scrub with a low flow portable or spraying the carpet down and then smearing the dirt all over and then making up a fair tail how the bonnet magically sucks the dirt out of the carpet and into the bonnet?
Yes you can. And yes it does magically "transfer" to the cotton bonnets. But is it the goto method for every situation? No its not. I wouldn't shit on any one method. As the more methods in your back pocket to get a job done the better. But once you start relaying your idea of what method is superior to the other to your customers. There's no turning back.
Screenshot_20200525-153200_OneDrive.jpg
Screenshot_20200525-152947_OneDrive.jpg
Screenshot_20200525-154337_Gallery.jpg

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
This place BTW has been decimated with most of the intelligent members leaving. Surfing the content here definitely looks post apocalyptic.
If Rob ever needed to created fake accounts to add content....now is the time.
Mostly just newbie, sheep fukin hillbillies here. .

Not really called for. When you go to this level you really don’t make a point rather you look foolish.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
You KNOW I love my 175. Easily the most versatile tool in the industry.
but if yer doing any volume of Encap....you should look for a used 19" Cimex
I only do a few regulars anymore. I mostly do new installations. But definitely would need more
You KNOW I love my 175. Easily the most versatile tool in the industry.
but if yer doing any volume of Encap....you should look for a used 19" Cimex
175 is the leatherman tool of the cleaning world.
If i did larger commercials then ide probably go with an op with spray system. Only thing i didnt like about the cimex was the bonnets. Bonnetpro sells them. But would need so many. But as a scrubbing machine. It kicks ass.

Reactions: Hacky-sack

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Yes you can. And yes it does magically "transfer" to the cotton bonnets. But is it the goto method for every situation? No its not. I wouldn't shit on any one method. As the more methods in your back pocket to get a job done the better. But once you start relaying your idea of what method is superior to the other to your customers. There's no turning back. View attachment 91765View attachment 91766View attachment 91767

I haven't used my rotary for years but I have 2 rentals tomorrow and I think I'll use it. It's a 13'' Hawk 175-300. I have risers on the drivers so I can use a larger driver 14'' or 16''.

Hydrox or Hot Knife Extreme ?

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I haven't used my rotary for years but I have 2 rentals tomorrow and I think I'll use it. It's a 13'' Hawk 175-300. I have risers on the drivers so I can use a larger driver 14'' or 16''.

Hydrox or Hot Knife Extreme ?
Food and drink... Hydrox
Oily crap and parkinglot filth Hot knife.
Though hot knife is great for most everything.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I only do a few regulars anymore. I mostly do new installations. But definitely would need more
175 is the leatherman tool of the cleaning world.
If i did larger commercials then ide probably go with an op with spray system. Only thing i didnt like about the cimex was the bonnets. Bonnetpro sells them. But would need so many. But as a scrubbing machine. It kicks ass.
Dont know what the hell happened to that post lol. Guess because screen timed out idk :D

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I use a lot of Bonnet Pro chems

Rocket is very good. Has strong peroxide. I use it on light colored carpet. Never tried it on furniture.
Man it’s pretty amazing on upholstery especially bonnet cleaning. After I apply it I run a cotton bonnet on a car buffer over it. The formula is perfect for synthetic upholstery.

Reactions: Hacky-sack