When pre-spray isn't enough and anything else would take the color out | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

When pre-spray isn't enough and anything else would take the color out

KwikDri

Feb 3, 2018
Idaho Falls
Real Name
Jason Perkins
Business Location
United States
Black Label (or any TMF prespray)
Dash Pro’s Grade Citrus
Dash Unchained

Agitate with crb or 175 w/red pad

If this doesn’t get it clean and bright nothing will. But I guarantee it will get it cleaner and brighter than anything else or your money back guaranteed.

www.tmfshop.net
What’s the difference between black label and BioPro?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What’s the difference between black label and BioPro?
Either one will work. Bio Pro is a powerful product where as Black Label is 99% green.

Reactions: KwikDri

GoldTipWand

Aug 24, 2019
Real Name
Stanled Steeemy
What is going on with the tile and grout stuff? My boss just got me rsf and the tile and grout stuff but I've never ever used tile and grout cleaner on carpet

Sounds crazy to me, at Stanley steemer I was taught that tile and grout cleaner can ruin carpet, I needed to throw on a second pair of booties going from tile to carpet

Anyone got tips on how this works?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
idk what tile chem stanley uses but groutmaster is okay for really really trashed carpet.

I prefer bio pro 10k most of the time, but if carpet is just the worst thing you have ever seen then maybe add 1 scoup of groutmaster as a booster

Reactions: GoldTipWand

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
What do you do with traffic lanes you cant get out with grand slam... booster or no booster...and everything else would take color out of the carpet. What else do I try? Oxidizers? Doesnt work. Citrus force? Takes out color. And what's this I keep reading about Tile & Grout cleaner.
I agree and disagree with some of the above statements. I've used a LOT of Grandslam although I haven't purchased any in quite a while. It is one TLC that can easily be gotten too strong and really requires a good acid rinse or at least a plain water rinse. It does far better with an acid rinse. Matrix All Fiber Rinse is an excellent product. IMHO as far as Matrix products go I'd give MAFR a solid 5-star rating. W/o it Grand Slam is going to be much harder to really rinse out and leave the carpet in a near-neutral or slightly acid state. Using any detergent with Grand Slam is counterproductive.

Another thing about Grand Slam is it doesn't do well at all on certain poly's and needs a good citrus booster to work well on those type carpets. It absolutely WILL NOT do the job by itself on some polys. Some traffic lanes will never look right again, period, no matter what you use or who cleans them. They are worn out and it's really time for new carpet. Sometimes I notice some polys will look substantially better when dry but look horrible while wet. Both a good citrus booster or an oxy booster can and will work in the right situation. I suspect your real problem is the type of carpet you're trying to clean. There are several citrus boosters that Jondon carries that work well and especially help when cleaning oily or greasy situations on polys. A citrus booster should not cause color loss EVER!!! An oxidizer could potentially cause some color loss although I'd say it's very unlikely, especially if used as a booster.

Last edited:

GoldTipWand

Aug 24, 2019
Real Name
Stanled Steeemy
idk what tile chem stanley uses but groutmaster is okay for really really trashed carpet.

I prefer bio pro 10k most of the time, but if carpet is just the worst thing you have ever seen then maybe add 1 scoup of groutmaster as a booster
Stanley has their own brand and shit lol. It's crazy how everything they use is their own specialized brand lol

I just got the stuff you mentioned and I'm pumped to try it

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
What do you do with traffic lanes you cant get out with grand slam... booster or no booster...and everything else would take color out of the carpet. What else do I try? Oxidizers? Doesnt work. Citrus force? Takes out color. And what's this I keep reading about Tile & Grout cleaner.
The funny thing is, nobody asked you what kind of carpet you're cleaning. They just automatically throw out their favorite prespray, lol. Some things never change on this forum.

So I'll ask, what type of carpet are you cleaning where you're seeing color loss? Let's start there to see what's going on? And what does the color loss look like? Is it in blotches or do you see the loss the same shape as your wand passes? And how many different jobs have you seen this happen?

Last edited: