When pre-spray isn't enough and anything else would take the color out | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

When pre-spray isn't enough and anything else would take the color out

itsashadowmam

Jul 17, 2019
New Jersey
Real Name
thomas feliciano
Business Location
United States
What do you do with traffic lanes you cant get out with grand slam... booster or no booster...and everything else would take color out of the carpet. What else do I try? Oxidizers? Doesnt work. Citrus force? Takes out color. And what's this I keep reading about Tile & Grout cleaner.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
What traffic lanes are you having trouble with? Residential? Commercial? Poly carpeting? Berbers/ loop carpeting? Matted areas?

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Residential and commercial. Mostly find this issue in cut pile or berber.
Try a different prespray. I used grandslam. And the last time i used it i ended up redoing the rooms. Stuff is crsp. If you go to jondon (im assuming thats your store by your chem list) try Klenz, Prekleen, or Enzall. If worried try the first 2. enzall is high ph though i never had a problem with it. It has always worked for me at half the recommended dilution. Matrix miracle use 1 scoop per gallon as a boost if needed. Citrus force is good but only needed when dealing with grease or it helps with poly carpeting again coated in oily problems. But is a pain to rinse. If you dont already, try useing a brush. Mechanical or manual. Crb, floor buffer, sebo, oreck orbiter, deck brush on a pole...it makes a world of difference. Most spots break away before rinsing.

But make sure the traffic lanes you are fighting so hard with are soil issues and not wear issues. Worn carpets can be cleaned but you cant clean wear away. It will remain dull and gray no matter what you use. Or how many times you go over it.

Reactions: lmullica

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Pre Sprays are like opinions . EVERYBODY HAS ONE .
Grand Slam was the first “ professional “ product I ever used and it’s been around a long time . Is it the greatest, AWESOME , KICK AZZ Cleaner out there ?? No . But it’s a good cleaner and I’ve used a hell of a lot WORSE . After working with it awhile I started boosting it with Matrix Miracle and Interlink Original Citrus Solve . Much better results !! Quit using it because the butyl in Grand Slam makes me cough like a four pack a day smoker !!
I can’t imagine Citrus Force “ removing color “ and I’m sure Jon Don would be interested to know that and see it happen .
I haven’t used it but I’ll take the word of keep it clean about the rinsing since I’ve tried other citrus products that were the same way . IMO , Interlink Original Citrus Solve works better and rinses better than anything I ever used . Expensive but worth it .
Matrix Miracle I’ve used for topical pet treatments, boosting to add oxygen and on tile and grout . Great product to have around . Once I used Bonnet Pro Rocket and Radical Rinse I stopped buying other stuff to a great degree . If you’re strictly buying from Jon Don you can take the advice offered by Keep It Clean .
I would , every time !!
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Grand Slam was the first “ professional “ product I ever used and it’s been around a long time . Is it the greatest, AWESOME , KICK AZZ Cleaner out there ?? No . But it’s a good cleaner and I’ve used a hell of a lot WORSE . After working with it awhile I started boosting it with Matrix Miracle and Interlink Original Citrus Solve . Much better results !! Quit using it because the butyl in Grand Slam makes me cough like a four pack a day smoker !!
I can’t imagine Citrus Force “ removing color “ and I’m sure Jon Don would be interested to know that and see it happen .
I haven’t used it but I’ll take the word of keep it clean about the rinsing since I’ve tried other citrus products that were the same way . IMO , Interlink Original Citrus Solve works better and rinses better than anything I ever used . Expensive but worth it .
Matrix Miracle I’ve used for topical pet treatments, boosting to add oxygen and on tile and grout . Great product to have around . Once I used Bonnet Pro Rocket and Radical Rinse I stopped buying other stuff to a great degree . If you’re strictly buying from Jon Don you can take the advice offered by Keep It Clean .
I would , every time !!
All the Best , Ed
I always used enzall and formula 90. Then when i started for myself i got a gallon of grandslam jon don was giving away at the time. It was tough to breathe. I went through that gallon then moved on to try out other things. But once again gave it another shot. I noticed having to go back over areas and using more spotters then usual. Foam was also a problem with it. Theres a lot of stuff out there. But i always fell back onto enzall. Rarely let me down. No foaming issues. Klenz performed pretty well similar results to biobreak. Think they are same ph idk. I did like both of those. Again easy rinsing with no foam. Mixes very easy. Enzall you have to mix the hell out of. It likes to clump up.

im thinking though the poster above issue maybe trying to clean ugly out of carpet not soil. Maybe they give fels bar a shot ;)

itsashadowmam

Jul 17, 2019
New Jersey
Real Name
thomas feliciano
Business Location
United States
Try a different prespray. I used grandslam. And the last time i used it i ended up redoing the rooms. Stuff is crsp. If you go to jondon (im assuming thats your store by your chem list) try Klenz, Prekleen, or Enzall. If worried try the first 2. enzall is high ph though i never had a problem with it. It has always worked for me at half the recommended dilution. Matrix miracle use 1 scoop per gallon as a boost if needed. Citrus force is good but only needed when dealing with grease or it helps with poly carpeting again coated in oily problems. But is a pain to rinse. If you dont already, try useing a brush. Mechanical or manual. Crb, floor buffer, sebo, oreck orbiter, deck brush on a pole...it makes a world of difference. Most spots break away before rinsing.

But make sure the traffic lanes you are fighting so hard with are soil issues and not wear issues. Worn carpets can be cleaned but you cant clean wear away. It will remain dull and gray no matter what you use. Or how many times you go over it.
Thank you for your reply. I am going to try some of your suggestions. I don't like using grandslam, I feel it in my lungs. My normal residential detergent is the green Axiom Pre spray while rinsing with all fiber rinse because its safer for customer than axiom rinse. But grandslam works better on the nasty ones which is why I have it in the truck. I'm familiar with carpet wear and always rake my pre-spray in and use horse hair brush on step noses.

itsashadowmam

Jul 17, 2019
New Jersey
Real Name
thomas feliciano
Business Location
United States
I would , every time !!
All the Best , Ed
Thank you for engaging and giving insight.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Traffic lane grey is barely inside the micro scratches on length of the fiber. It can be addressed with proper chemistry and namely oxygen on initial contact. Nylons like it put down in the initial coverage, don't put down a water barrier and then try to put another different chemistry on top, sure to fail. Nail it on the first go with fibers with dye site acceptability, poly's are more forgiving with missing the mark. Killing it the very first time with pH, solvent, oxygen boosters and detergency will save you time on the job everytime.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Black Label (or any TMF prespray)
Dash Pro’s Grade Citrus
Dash Unchained

Agitate with crb or 175 w/red pad

If this doesn’t get it clean and bright nothing will. But I guarantee it will get it cleaner and brighter than anything else or your money back guaranteed.

www.tmfshop.net

Reactions: floorclean