Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Never, because they are not held accountable for anything. I am referring to the review feature, which is so bogus that it ought to be eliminated. My business recently got hit with a bogus bad review, the ridiculous sort that says we destroyed the house etc. It was obviously fabricated since it said we bait and switched as well as charged extra for spotting, which we do neither of. Then there are the businesses who put up 100+ fake positive reviews.

As a business owner, this sort of thing gets really annoying. At the very least, Google should have a feature which allows business owners to report bogus bad reviews. Ultimately, because many positive reviews are fake also, the feature should be eliminated. It has no credibility and is a disgrace. I don't understand why Google does not realize that, because the review function is so corrupted, it makes them look like a joke.

Reactions: admin

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Your just now realizing this?

They don't care. In fact they probably like it.

They want you to pay for the clicks and be up top.

It doesn't even matter unless your ranking anyways.

I don't rank nor care to.

Maybe one day I will.

You can spam email them and theyay take it down

Mr. Steamy

Aug 13, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Real Name
Mark Bowen
Business Location
United States
Google needs dismantled totally they have become a monopoly and basically own the internet.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Google needs dismantled totally they have become a monopoly and basically own the internet.
Google will own all media and apple will own all the tools.

Time stamp that.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Never, because they are not held accountable for anything. I am referring to the review feature, which is so bogus that it ought to be eliminated. My business recently got hit with a bogus bad review, the ridiculous sort that says we destroyed the house etc. It was obviously fabricated since it said we bait and switched as well as charged extra for spotting, which we do neither of. Then there are the businesses who put up 100+ fake positive reviews.

As a business owner, this sort of thing gets really annoying. At the very least, Google should have a feature which allows business owners to report bogus bad reviews. Ultimately, because many positive reviews are fake also, the feature should be eliminated. It has no credibility and is a disgrace. I don't understand why Google does not realize that, because the review function is so corrupted, it makes them look like a joke.
This issue really exists with every review site, Yelp will filter legitimate reviews and keep bogus ones lives sometimes...there's no perfect formula...you just have to play the game and outrun the bad reviews. Implement a strong review process in your business...if you are consistently getting 2-3 reviews up a week (this takes effort) those bad bogus ones will get buried, and the average consumer will recognize the voice of the masses (good reviews)

Reactions: Deron06

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Your just now realizing this?

They don't care. In fact they probably like it.

They want you to pay for the clicks and be up top.

It doesn't even matter unless your ranking anyways.

I don't rank nor care to.

Maybe one day I will.

You can spam email them and theyay take it down
I realized it a long time ago. I have 3 different listings for different counties that we cover. Each one of them has been hit with these bogus bad reviews. It is terribly annoying.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I realized it a long time ago. I have 3 different listings for different counties that we cover. Each one of them has been hit with these bogus bad reviews. It is terribly annoying.
With the bulll in a china shop like way about you Online and in real life, it doesn't surprise me you've got a few haters out there.

Just be like me and don't worry about it.

Do you rank in the top 3 in those cities?

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
With the bulll in a china shop like way about you Online and in real life, it doesn't surprise me you've got a few haters out there.

Just be like me and don't worry about it.

Do you rank in the top 3 in those cities?
Yes at the top in all of them.

Does anybody on the forum have a link to report this sort of nonsense to Google?

your good sons

Apr 11, 2011
Real Name
bye
Business Location
United States
I have a competitor who boosts his own ratings constantly. He even has copied and pasted reviews from a few months prior and reused them, too lazy to write a new one. The guy has a Minuteman self contained extractor. I've seen them used on eBay for about $300. He is a joke. I thought I was a joke and a hack until I saw this clown.
https://plus.google.com/111851476960743898807/about?hl=en

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I have a competitor who boosts his own ratings constantly. He even has copied and pasted reviews from a few months prior and reused them, too lazy to write a new one. The guy has a Minuteman self contained extractor. I've seen them used on eBay for about $300. He is a joke. I thought I was a joke and a hack until I saw this clown.
https://plus.google.com/111851476960743898807/about?hl=en
Hahaha

Check out this review and picture from his listing.
"Quality: 3 - First time I tried the Heavy Duty Extraction Cleaning over the Truck Mount I usually do every year, and i war really surprised on the difference. The worker told me it was a Special Blend of several detergents they mixed to get them this clean. They came at 10:30 this morning and there already dry. Very impressed with all their effort in making me happy. Promised a review if i was pleased, and here it is! They look fantastic, and will call for my furniture next month. Highly Recommend this company. "
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--QtxI_9VSfI/T7R1ma9QHfI/AAAAAAAAACg/hZMI80vthNo/s1600/spot.jpg

Decker

Jan 3, 2011
TX
deckerscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Mike Decker
Business Location
United States
Deron06
I know this sucks! My blood was boiling!

I got hit with a bogus review on superpages recently. I copied the text and searched it in google and found the same bs review word for word on 10 other cleaners in Texas and something like 170+ across the nation. I pounded superpages abuse button and so did Johnny (who also left a positive review - THANKS Johnny Bravo) and a few others here as well as friends and family. Luckily it was gone in a few days. I was hoping to at least bury it, if not kill and we did.

It may work if people click the NO button stating the review was not helpful, it MAY push it down.

I really see this whole process spiraling out of control soon and then being revamped across the www. I hear about companies suing customers over bad reviews, and the level of anonymous bad (bogus) reviews out there is growing exponentially. Google at least has less anonymity than other sites.

I think there is a negative campaign going on in our industry by one of the big companies. I may be a conspiracy theorist, but that doesn't mean there's not a conspiracy!

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
This year i had 3 or 4 phony reviews and a couple attacks on my website. Cost me some decent money too.

All from douchebags here i smacked down, thus no more contact info.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if it was somebody like LFC or another dickbag from TMF. That is why I have been so reluctant to disclose my business information openly here. Some people can't be men about it and leave the horseplay in the locker room. It is a very underhanded and lowly thing to do.

Shane, you should disclose who did it to you so we can butcher the douchebags.

I believe in Karma and it is my belief that Google is going to take a hit on the chin at some point in the future for not addressing this sort of crap and removing the review function altogether.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
This year i had 3 or 4 phony reviews and a couple attacks on my website. Cost me some decent money too.

All from douchebags here i smacked down, thus no more contact info.
If you knew who it was you should say.

Although I don't see how anyone could have "messed with your site"

Reviews I get.

Ross got one too.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if it was somebody like LFC or another dickbag from TMF. That is why I have been so reluctant to disclose my business information openly here. Some people can't be men about it and leave the horseplay in the locker room. It is a very underhanded and lowly thing to do.

Shane, you should disclose who did it to you so we can butcher the douchebags.

I believe in Karma and it is my belief that Google is going to take a hit on the chin at some point in the future for not addressing this sort of crap and removing the review function altogether.
Hiding your info won't do anything.

Guys can pull up anything and everything on us. Finding our website is the easiest thing there is.

It most likely was a local to e honest.

I believe Google+ will cut some of this crap out soon.

Decker

Jan 3, 2011
TX
deckerscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Mike Decker
Business Location
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if it was somebody like LFC or another dickbag from TMF.
It most likely was a local to e honest.
I'm gonna say this again... google search this review. Right now I see 190 matches on google. This is all over the country. In Texas I noticed Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin - smoething like 10 cleaners. Goes back at least to last December. This is bigger than some douschenozzle on the forum with a beef. Shit, I don't think I've ever pissed someone off here, at least not to this level. This is an effort to discredit small cc companies, or companies on TMF, but I'm not sure there is a correlation between the reviews and TMF...

"UNPROFESSIONAL CARPET CLEANERS - SCAM When I called to make an appointment, I explained everything that was supposed to be cleaned and the lady who took my information gave me my total $ 189.99 + tax (5 rooms & a stair way), when the cleaning guys came, they estimated the work for $ 400+ and after arguing and negotiating, they agreed on $ 256, I could cancel the appointment but since we all canceled our Sunday schedules we had no choice but to go ahead, they finished cleaning (the whole rooms, stairs) in 30 minutes and I could not see any difference, it looked like somebody passed a vacuum. I do not recommend this company to any one and I will not use them even for FREE!!!!!"

Take a look at this guys reviews, all on 3/7/2012
http://local.yahoo.com/info-33224804-hart-s-carpet-cleaning-austin

What really gets me curious is someone used the name Decker for one of his bad reviews. (now it is the 8th most popular last name, or something like that, so...)

and this is only 1 review wording, the one I got. How many others are there...

search the text of your bad reviews

I'd like to know how to research this and get to the bottom of it... Can you imagine the IICRC and TMF combining their ranks of O/O to class action lawsuit some mo-fos in yellow trucks? ( I don't see any big name companies matching the review.)

Also, take a look at this discussion about Google
http://places.blumenthals.com/thread5567.html

f**k, I'm all pissed again... gonna go have a beer and watch some tv - got a whopper of a job tomorrow

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I'm not up on all this internet stuff. But I'm hoping if anymore of us gets a fake bad review, we can all work together to either bury it or flag it it or whatever.

Reactions: Decker

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
The funny thing is, the review on my listing made a reference to Chem Dry coming after to inspect the carpet to see if the problem could be remedied. Decker, you might actually be on to something with your theory.