Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Here is my take.

I’m a big fan of rinse for several reasons.
•Softens fibers
•Kills bad odors
•Softens hard water
•Aids in cleaning
•Resists resoiling
•Cleans where you don’t/can’t presspray
We have low, neutral and 10ph rinses. All are self neutralizing. The difference is the technician, cleaning style, the type of fibers, soil content and soil levels.
Move towards higher pH for higher soil levels, impacted oils and synthetic fibers esp polys.
Move towards lower pH for lower levels soil, nylon, urine and natural fibers.
For a “hit it & get it” stand alone cleaning style neutral on up regardless of fibers and soil levels in most cases. Also portables don’t always rinse as well as a Truckmount. Using Ultimate Fiber rinse will give you cleaning power, lower pH and soft fibers. But a product like Formula 99 will give you much more power.

What's yours?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I agree with most of the above reasons. Not too sure about "Kills bad odors". I personally haven't seen that one. A good acid rinse in particular definitely aids in removal of cleaning residues left over from past cleanings. It can also inhibit or prevent browning and I have seen cases where it reversed already existing browning on natural cotton and wool. It also inhibits or prevents color bleed I think in many cases. If I feel I'm doing something that might either brown or bleed I always like to have the rinse going. If I already know there is a residue problem I may turn the rinse up a little higher than normal. It definitely does make a difference.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I always have a 4-5 ph rinse and since I started to use it I never had browning issues because of ph level balance. Rob when are you coming up with the black label rinse?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I always have a 4-5 ph rinse and since I started to use it I never had browning issues because of ph level balance. Rob when are you coming up with the black label rinse?

It’s still in field testing. But it’s really ready. Just gotta label it. Gonna make it a powder. What do you think?

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Kewl, do you use it for both now pre spray and rinse?
No just in tank, prespray with either black label or ultrapac extreme. I have all fiber rinse powder mixed in another tank too so I can switch back and forth.

Reactions: Fedri

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
well I have a different view. full time cleaner since 1981. Please keep in mind that our area has naturally soft water plus I run all water through on on board water softener so softening is not a problem.

Have used rinses for a long time. Ive always had it in my head that you really needed a rinse. Thats what they teach, right? then for some reason back about 8 years ago I started turning off my rinse. I kept it off thinking that at some job down the road I would need it and would turn it back on. That job never happened and to this day I am so convinced that I dont even have the 5 gallon pail on the truck. The other thing I found is that when I went back after cleaning the carpet without the rinse, the carpet wasnt as dirty and it was easier to clean. Cant explain it and I know all the instructors will say I dont know what Im talking about but thats what I found.

Reactions: Timothyscarpet

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I only acid rinse heavy urine soaked carpets

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
well I have a different view. full time cleaner since 1981. Please keep in mind that our area has naturally soft water plus I run all water through on on board water softener so softening is not a problem.

Have used rinses for a long time. Ive always had it in my head that you really needed a rinse. Thats what they teach, right? then for some reason back about 8 years ago I started turning off my rinse. I kept it off thinking that at some job down the road I would need it and would turn it back on. That job never happened and to this day I am so convinced that I dont even have the 5 gallon pail on the truck. The other thing I found is that when I went back after cleaning the carpet without the rinse, the carpet wasnt as dirty and it was easier to clean. Cant explain it and I know all the instructors will say I dont know what Im talking about but thats what
Yeah I ran like that for a while when Procyon was my go to for prespray. I just don't like the idea of plain water performance wise Imo it always can benefit from an adjuvant to help the cleaning or rinsing efficacy. But your proof is in the pudding and if it fits your system and your getting results, hey keep on it! Not to mention all the money your saving on rinse aids lol

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Here is my take.

I’m a big fan of rinse for several reasons.
•Softens fibers
•Kills bad odors
•Softens hard water
•Aids in cleaning
•Resists resoiling
•Cleans where you don’t/can’t presspray
We have low, neutral and 10ph rinses. All are self neutralizing. The difference is the technician, cleaning style, the type of fibers, soil content and soil levels.
Move towards higher pH for higher soil levels, impacted oils and synthetic fibers esp polys.
Move towards lower pH for lower levels soil, nylon, urine and natural fibers.
For a “hit it & get it” stand alone cleaning style neutral on up regardless of fibers and soil levels in most cases. Also portables don’t always rinse as well as a Truckmount. Using Ultimate Fiber rinse will give you cleaning power, lower pH and soft fibers. But a product like Formula 99 will give you much more power.

What's yours?
TMF's Ultimate all fiber rinse smells amazing. I switched over permanently to it this year. I was using Matrix AFR for years.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz

Have used rinses for a long time. Ive always had it in my head that you really needed a rinse. Thats what they teach, right? then for some reason back about 8 years ago I started turning off my rinse. I kept it off thinking that at some job down the road I would need it and would turn it back on. That job never happened and to this day I am so convinced that I dont even have the 5 gallon pail on the truck. The other thing I found is that when I went back after cleaning the carpet without the rinse, the carpet wasnt as dirty and it was easier to clean. Cant explain it and I know all the instructors will say I dont know what Im talking about but thats what I found.
Same here. Most homes without wells round here have water on the softer side..... I don’t use a softener though......my go to for most jobs are encap presprays so a rinse is not recommended anyways. You think jobs are easier to re clean without a rinse, try re cleaning after you used an encap previously..... even if it’s pretty dirty you won’t need to up the amount of prespray you use.....

Reactions: rob allen

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
For 40 years I used a mild (dilute) alkaline rinse with onboard soft water.
Without it traffic areas always seemed a little dingy and the alkaline rinse seemed to give it that last little POP value.
Never had a re-soiling problem nor did any carpet ever complain I left it on the alkaline side.

Reactions: rob allen

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I only acid rinse heavy urine soaked carpets
Same, or super clean wall to wall wool well run all fiber rinse and no pre spray.

Other than that just soft water 7pH

Form 90 we played with for a while and it's a good product, doesn't leave residue if you run very low dilution but I prefer pro Chem AFR