What's Your Minimum Charge?

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
Whenever I do a minimum job. I tell them I will clean whatever they have to reach the minimum.
Usually its a couple of runners or welcome mats. Or stain protection.
That way the min. charge doesn't feel so bad.

Steve Samoska

Jul 8, 2011
A, A
1chicagocarpetcleaner.com
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States
If you are using a truckmount like me and running Kerosene. I always tell my potential clients and current repeats. My commercial steam clean equipment runs on 3 sources of fuel. Gas to drive to your home, gas to run cleaning equipment and kerosene to make steam.. after explaining this and my cleaning method using no soap or shampoo and I dont have a machine I pkug into your outlets I usually never have a issue for 125.00 and over 30 miles or chicago downtown 150.00

Reactions: Steamin' Seaman

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
90.00 up to 10 miles then a dollar a mile (roughly)

Reactions: Joe cool

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
We do square feet so about 240 square feet.

Nick Miladinov

Oct 10, 2013
Real Name
Nick Miladinov
Update: Left the pest control company a year ago (cleaned their office carpet last week for the third time since I started my business).

Kept up with the same salary that I was getting from them when I worked there full time. Feel like I work part time though and with a helper my body appreciates me more.

Bought a portable and only use it with a $200 minimum. Try to keep up a $150 minimum overall but will drop down to $100 for the job around the corner that I am in and out of in under an hour.
I thought you had a butler?

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
.40 to .45 depending on the condition and proximity to my house. Anything beyond my neighboring towns it .45 min.

UA_CarpetCleaner

Mar 22, 2015
Real Name
Andrey Yarunin
In Ukraine, there is no truckmounts, no one. Carpet cleaning business is developing area. Not all even know that carpets can be cleaned at home:) In Kyiv (capital) I have min order for portable cleaning 22$. In regions min price drops to 10$ for portable cleaning...

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
Just some thing I'm noticing is by stating 2 or 3 areas for X amount, the customer is running with that ball with little or no regard to condition of the areas.They will try and get a commitment for that "deal" and drop 2 or 3 areas of the most disgusting carpet and expect that price to hold. They know they're pulling a stunt. I cant change advertising for this year but next years isnt going to have the area minimum stated like it is this year. I'm going with a Square footage price and an area minimum with soiling consideration. I'm tired of getting my ass handed to me.

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
I raised my minimum to $150 in January. I expected to lose a property manager that is a favorite of mine, but he hasn't mentioned a problem with it. He loved this pic I sent the other day. $200 for two small bedrooms and a small living room heavily soiled on my way home from another job.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1428169119.696991.jpg

Reactions: Lefty724