What's your average up sales per day? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What's your average up sales per day?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I went through our records to see what our average up sell was. Now I know it's a little controversial using the up sell verbiage but I don't see a problem with it. If myself or my techs want to do demos on tile & grout or sell pad extraction or protector that's our right.

To me sales are the lifeblood of a company. Most resistance comes from those who can't or won't sell anyway. To me by offering legit up sales at reasonable prices your doing the client a fine service by improving their indoor living quality.

Ok with that out of the way back to the average up sales. I personally shoot for 500 a day. Most days I met or exceeded it. There's always something that could use cleaning in a home. I look at rugs, furniture, tile, garage floors and of course deodorizer and protector. Rarely do I walk out of a home without an add on. Maybe that's what we should call them, add one. But regardless of what you call it you have to sell it.

So what's your average up sales per day?

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I went through our records to see what our average up sell was. Now I know it's a little controversial using the up sell verbiage but I don't see a problem with it. If myself or my techs want to do demos on tile & grout or sell pad extraction or protector that's our right.

To me sales are the lifeblood of a company. Most resistance comes from those who can't or won't sell anyway. To me by offering legit up sales at reasonable prices your doing the client a fine service by improving their indoor living quality.

Ok with that out of the way back to the average up sales. I personally shoot for 500 a day. Most days I met or exceeded it. There's always something that could use cleaning in a home. I look at rugs, furniture, tile, garage floors and of course deodorizer and protector. Rarely do I walk out of a home without an add on. Maybe that's what we should call them, add one. But regardless of what you call it you have to sell it.

Morning Rob! I would say $100-$300 per day, trust me my eyes are all over the place when I meet a new customer! Our biggest up sale/up grade would be color sealing. We always do a sample when it comes to tile cleaning, I am amazed there are so many companies that don't? Well better for us!

Reactions: rob allen

Andrew C

May 24, 2014
Richmond, VA
www.TrueSteamLLC.com
Real Name
Andrew Carr

I really don't push any sales. Most people don't like it. I'm content with what I bring in on a daily basis, and anything extra is a bonus.

So I'm probably around $50 a day.

rccva

Jan 31, 2015
www.robertscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Robert Webb
Business Location
United States
I'm not big on upselling unless I feel they really need something they aren't getting. I probably talk more people out of Scotchgard then I sell to them cause I'm not believer in it and I don't want my customers wasting their money on something I don't believe in, not to mention it extends their drying time. I also add deodorizer into my chemical system so their house smells good when I leave. Nope I'm not the "ideal" business owner going after sales but my customers love me and they know I always have their best interest in mind. Besides I HATE when people try to upsell me.

My upsells consist of adding an extra room or two for a discount.

Last edited:

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
i aim for $100 add on per home

Daily average add-on is $248.52
Represents 35% of my business

I don't see selling as a negative. People want to purchase what you have ; expertise & recommendation , professional products.

Financially , it adds up a lot. This added income allows you to do more with your business & life

It's only a positive
We are not sleazy salesman. We are service pro's offering recommendations

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
i aim for $100 add on per home

Daily average add-on is $248.52
Represents 35% of my business

I don't see selling as a negative. People want to purchase what you have ; expertise & recommendation , professional products.

Financially , it adds up a lot. This added income allows you to do more with your business & life

It's only a positive
We are not sleazy salesman. We are service pro's offering recommendations
WTH Artie?? Who are you hanging out with?

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I know you still hate me and my enemy for life. Even though, we broke bread together in Las Vegas . Smh
Well yeah, we broke bread then you stuffed your face with it...

Haha, kidding Artie. I love you.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Well yeah, we broke bread then you stuffed your face with it...

Haha, kidding Artie. I love you.
Please close down this thread , due to severe & aggressive homosexuality
Thank you
Thought I seen you boys a little too "chummy" at Tuscanys Grill!!
Came out of a mens stall together when I went into the washroom to use the urinal!!
I guess what ever happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas!!??
Just funnin guys.... I know Artie may still have a picture of me enjoying a "Puff" with some TMF brothers so I better shut up now!