What's up with YELP????

Mar 8, 2008
I would stay away from YELP like the plague!!! Why you ask? I had 10 to 12 great reviews on yelp for several years.......no one saw them because my review site with yelp was buried on like the 20th page of the major search engines!!! I got one negative review from someone that I verified wasn't even my customer and guess what happens????? ALL OF THE GOOD reviews got filtered so no one can see them and I went from a five star to a one star........that's not all folks!!!!! Then the one negative review shot all the way up to the first page on google......... then the market folks at yelp started calling wanted $500 a month to help?????? PLEASE LOOK THEM UP ON LINE BRFORE YOU REGISTER WITH THAT SITE.......Several class action lawsuits ect...from small business owners.......1000 of BBB complaints......

Mark Mullis
Owner
Lone Star Tile and Grout Cleaning

ASAP

Feb 1, 2011
Ca
Real Name
Pete DLP
Business Location
United States
Me too! Works well for me.... Although they have filtered 12 reviews that customers left for me....

I don't give them a dime... Get your free listing and start having customers leaving reviews.

Go Mobile

Aug 28, 2013
Real Name
Rm

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
I have been with Yelp for 5 years (5 star rated with about 50 visible reviews) and here is the low down..

Yelp is bigger on the West Coast, folks on the East Coast may not have as much luck..

I have a special on Yelp that is $75 for $100 and I get $52.50 out of it. I get paid monthly from them, my last Yelp check was $511 I think it was. In the 5 years they have paid me approx 8K when I last look at the number last month and I have never had an issue with being paid.

Because we work very hard at giving the customers a good experience, they have left awesome reviews that help sell my company. I don't do any shady stuff like asking friends to do reviews or paying money for reviews.. the work speaks for itself. Because of these online cheerleaders that validate what I do, it makes for a lower marketing budget.

This is like encap cleaning.. every company should be doing it. Its a no brainer.

Reactions: headoftheclan
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I have been with Yelp for 5 years (5 star rated with about 50 visible reviews) and here is the low down..

Yelp is bigger on the West Coast, folks on the East Coast may not have as much luck..

I have a special on Yelp that is $75 for $100 and I get $52.50 out of it. I get paid monthly from them, my last Yelp check was $511 I think it was. In the 5 years they have paid me approx 8K when I last look at the number last month and I have never had an issue with being paid.

Because we work very hard at giving the customers a good experience, they have left awesome reviews that help sell my company. I don't do any shady stuff like asking friends to do reviews or paying money for reviews.. the work speaks for itself. Because of these online cheerleaders that validate what I do, it makes for a lower marketing budget.

This is like encap cleaning.. every company should be doing it. Its a no brainer.

You do $100 of work and get paid $52.50? I am confused, sounds like groupon.

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
Yes it is confusing at first..

Customer buys $100 credit for only $75..

My cut of the $75 is $52.50..

Don't get caught up in that number though.. the average ticket is over $250. They are also far more loyal than group on or living social.. so its a good way to build a customer base.

Reactions: headoftheclan

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Yes it is confusing at first..

Customer buys $100 credit for only $75..

My cut of the $75 is $52.50..

Don't get caught up in that number though.. the average ticket is over $250. They are also far more loyal than group on or living social.. so its a good way to build a customer base.
So they are limited to a $25 discount on the entire job?

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
So is this something one can adjust to there listing on their own or do you need to speak to a rep?

For the Yelp deal, you can use one of their offers like the $75 for $100 or you can make your own. You only get charged if you sell one. You get a nifty dashboard so you can see all whats going on with your profile.

I was wrong, my last check from Yelp for last month was $577.50..

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
For the Yelp deal, you can use one of their offers like the $75 for $100 or you can make your own. You only get charged if you sell one. You get a nifty dashboard so you can see all whats going on with your profile.

I was wrong, my last check from Yelp for last month was $577.50..
Thanks for the info.

Mar 8, 2008
That's my problem in a nutshell with Yelp! You have to pay for someone to see the good reviews.....IT"S online extortion! We have reviews on google, yahoo, bing Angie lIst ect.......you get the good with the bad...............NO FILTER that seems based off lawsuits and complaints that FILTERS Good reviews until you pay Yelp!!!!!

Personally I would never give my services away cheaply no way in heck I'm paying some one a quarter of my ticket.......

What is your yearly budget for advertising? You are paying one company 25% for advertising on one ticket?

I would rather do one ticket at $1000 for the day than 5 jobs for the same amount! Quality not quantity! You go in cheap and that's what that customer expects from then on.

Cheap carpet cleaners come and go here in San Antonio......just love seeing the signs on the side of the road 4 rooms for $59....just laugh..... all the way to the bank.